PDA

View Full Version : Have a great Travers Day, gentlemen.

Grits
08-29-2015, 08:41 AM
Just for the joy of it. Scroll to the bottom for the video with Larry's narration. Its amazing.

I never would have believed in a sleepy little town in upstate New York on a Friday morning, 15,000 folks would show up to see American Pharoah gallop.

... BUT. THEY. DID.

Enjoy your day, each of you, and good luck with your wagering. Let's hope all horses and jockeys race well and return safely. Wish you all were here. :)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94008/large-crowd-watches-american-pharoah-gallop

letswastemoney
08-29-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm standing a few feet away from Baffert. He's signing autographs and telling stories on the backside.

Tom
08-29-2015, 09:52 AM
Have a great day, Grits.
Looks like perfect weather today.

May I suggest a bowl of the Red Chowder....and nice amber to top off your day? ;)

tanner12oz
08-29-2015, 09:58 AM
I'm at toga now. Going to be a wild scene today

OTM Al
08-29-2015, 09:59 AM
Just for the joy of it. Scroll to the bottom for the video with Larry's narration. Its amazing.

I never would have believed in a sleepy little town in upstate New York on a Friday morning, 15,000 folks would show up to see American Pharoah gallop.

... BUT. THEY. DID.

Enjoy your day, each of you, and good luck with your wagering. Let's hope all horses and jockeys race well and return safely. Wish you all were here. :)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/94008/large-crowd-watches-american-pharoah-gallop

It was 10k that morning, then 12k. By the afternoon it was 15k then 18k. This morning on ESPN it was 20k. I think they must be counting season pass holders again. Force of habit....considering betting a couple races early on the card just for old time's sake.

ultracapper
08-29-2015, 10:10 AM
I'm standing a few feet away from Baffert. He's signing autographs and telling stories on the backside.

Very cool

Tom
08-29-2015, 10:18 AM
It was 10k that morning, then 12k. By the afternoon it was 15k then 18k. This morning on ESPN it was 20k. I think they must be counting season pass holders again. Force of habit....considering betting a couple races early on the card just for old time's sake.

Time for a cap on workouts! :D

ultracapper
08-29-2015, 10:47 AM
Have the MSW purses been $93K all meet? Gawd Almighty, what a purse for maidens.

Grits
08-29-2015, 11:52 AM
Thank you, Tom. It's beautiful here today. Great crowd!!!! First race taken by the #1 horse.

tanner12oz
08-29-2015, 02:46 PM

I saw pics posted might have been fudged a little but ALOT of people were there

OTM Al
08-29-2015, 02:49 PM
I saw pics posted might have been fudged a little but ALOT of people were there
I'm sure there were as that was the only chance for some and something fun to do in the morning for many. The crowd estimations just make me laugh is all. A good laugh was needed as I have again been reminded why betting Saratoga is a waste of time for me.....