PDA

View Full Version : Spa seating question

Laminarman
08-26-2015, 01:05 PM
I was given tickets this year with a table so didn't have to buy anything, but looking forward to NEXT season, I'm confused about the plans at Saratoga. I see they sell season tickets for grandstand or clubhouse and list them as relatively cheap (going on sale Monday.) I'm confused by "reserving a table" and what you actually get for the season ticket alone. I'm assuming if you have a season pass, you'll still need to pay for a table on the Porch (for example) if you wanted to stay seated and served. If you have a pass that lets you in the Clubhouse, is there just general seating or benches? I assume Grandstand is for a seat only. Sorry for the stupid question, but the website is not very explanatory. I'm used to going to the NY Giants where I pay an *ssload of money for ONE single seat where beer gets spilled on me.

burnsy
08-27-2015, 07:24 AM
The "seasons pass" for the grandstand or clubhouse only gets you in. The grandstand pass gets you in the backyard and grandstand. The clubhouse pass gets you in the whole place. Neither one gets you a reserved seat, that's extra. But there is public seating in the areas, you won't be facing the track and on busy days they're taken early.

Laminarman
08-27-2015, 06:19 PM
Thank you. My goal is to get to the Travers next year. How do you get in the Grandstand or Clubhouse but NOT face the track???

burnsy
08-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Because there are seats around the facility that are not in the "rows", facing the track, unless you sit on the track apron where its hot as hell they are first come, first serve. Same with the picnic tables unless you reserve one in the reservation area. They have seats in front of some screens too, first come, first serve.

Laminarman
08-27-2015, 07:21 PM
Because there are seats around the facility that are not in the "rows", facing the track, unless you sit on the track apron where its hot as hell they are first come, first serve. Same with the picnic tables unless you reserve one in the reservation area. They have seats in front of some screens too, first come, first serve.

Got it. Confusing though. Thanks.