PDA

View Full Version : Montrell Teague

Sea Biscuit
08-26-2015, 09:24 AM
Two rulings against the kid in one month

Name: MONTRELL SHANEIL TEAGUE Ruling Date: 8/25/2015 Jurisdiction: New Jersey Racing Commission Facility: Meadowlands Ruling Number: 15MDH93 Ruling Type: Misuse of Whip Breed: Harness Division: Horse Fine Amount: $ 300 Fine Paid: N Suspension Start: Suspension End: Ruling Text: Mr. Teague is hereby fined the sum of three hundred ($300.00) dollars.

You did use the whip in an excessive, unnecessary and indiscriminate manner while driving #2 "WIGGLE IT JIGGLEIT" in the 11th race on Saturday, August 8, 2015.

Name: MONTRELL SHANEIL TEAGUE Ruling Date: 8/25/2015 Jurisdiction: Delaware Harness Racing Commission Facility: Harrington Raceway Ruling Number: HAR-033-15 Ruling Type: Misuse of Whip Breed: Harness Division: Horse Fine Amount: $ 200 Fine Paid: N Suspension Start: Suspension End: Ruling Text: Driver Montrell Teague is fined $200.00 for causing visible injury (cut) while driving #6, BATTLESHOE TOM in the 1st race at Harrington Raceway on August 24, 2015. DHRC rule:7.6.13.14.2.3. All fines to be paid within 10 days of ruling.

Whats going with this kid?

pandy
08-27-2015, 06:53 PM
a lot of drivers get these fines....and young drivers tend to get treated tougher by the judges than the veterans....

jtschmidt
08-27-2015, 07:02 PM
a lot of drivers get these fines....and young drivers tend to get treated tougher by the judges than the veterans....

Pandy, I respect you alot. I am a 21yo college student, born and raised in Bethlehem. I agree with most of your points about young Montrell. I met him at Pocono in 2013 after his aggressive drive on 'rainbow. He was a class act and we took a picture.

Do you really believe he did no wrong in the Cane? He was whipping the you know what out of the horse in the stretch! I am all for competitive racing but his acts looked really immature and unprofessional live as I sat at the Big M. I was very high on his last drive at Pocono. I thought that was much more handy and professional.

pandy
08-27-2015, 07:46 PM
A young harness fan in Bethleham, that's great. He deserved the fine but in these big races I've seen many of the top drivers in the sport do the same thing. Mike Lachance use to hammer the horses and he didn't hit the shaft. I'd have to watch again to see if the whip is hitting the horse or the shaft.

cmp92
08-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Pandy, I respect you alot. I am a 21yo college student, born and raised in Bethlehem. I agree with most of your points about young Montrell. I met him at Pocono in 2013 after his aggressive drive on 'rainbow. He was a class act and we took a picture.

Do you really believe he did no wrong in the Cane? He was whipping the you know what out of the horse in the stretch! I am all for competitive racing but his acts looked really immature and unprofessional live as I sat at the Big M. I was very high on his last drive at Pocono. I thought that was much more handy and professional.
I would have to agree, the Cane was pretty excessive. Wiggle It was spent and he emptied the tank, no urging was going to change that.

Sea Biscuit
08-27-2015, 11:43 PM
A young harness fan in Bethleham, that's great. He deserved the fine but in these big races I've seen many of the top drivers in the sport do the same thing. Mike Lachance use to hammer the horses and he didn't hit the shaft. I'd have to watch again to see if the whip is hitting the horse or the shaft.

Pandy: Don't you think its about time the the US adopted the 2 reins in two hands rule like they did in Canada? No sooner you take the reins in one hand usually to whip the the horse with the other during any part of the race you are DQed and placed last even if you win the race.

pandy
08-28-2015, 05:59 AM
Pandy: Don't you think its about time the the US adopted the 2 reins in two hands rule like they did in Canada? No sooner you take the reins in one hand usually to whip the the horse with the other during any part of the race you are DQed and placed last even if you win the race.

I think it's a good idea if the judges enforce it. I don't think heavy whipping helps most horses, they are already doing their best in most cases. But the problem with these rules, they are not enforced or the penalties are too low. Drivers are still kicking horses because the fines are too small. If the fine for kicking was $5,000 there wouldn't be any kicking.

jtschmidt
08-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Have you watched the replay? I would trust your eye more than mine but it does not look good.

I wish the rules were enforced better across the board though!