PDA

View Full Version : NFL season win totals

Valuist
08-25-2015, 11:50 AM
Made two plays; Philly under 9.5 (-140) and Minnesota over 7.5 (-140). Tried to bet the Jets over 7.5 wins, but was off the board.

I'm not a Sam Bradford fan. He can't stay on the field, and when he does, he hasn't proved he's anything more than a journeyman. The other teams now have had two years of film to prepare for the gimmick offense. NFL defenses will eventually solve virtually any offense, given time. Murray coming off an extremely high number of touches (449). Historically RBs coming off over 400 touches tend to have big regression the next season. Remember Rashard Mendenhall? We'll see how the rookie WR does. Right now, there's nobody to fear on the outside. Defensively, they were 28th overall and 31st vs the pass. I say they don't win more than 9 games.

As for the Vikings, I like what I saw out of Bridgewater. Oh yeah, they get Peterson back, who played a total of 1 game last year. The Bears could be two winnable games, the Lions were good last year but can't stand expectations. And with the Packers' deep threat out, maybe the home game vs GB is winnable. Only one back to back road game, and that's against a divisional rival that they can handle (Chicago). The defense isn't tremendous, but did show some improvement. And with Peterson back, the offense should be able to stay on the field longer, and keep the D fresh.

1st time lasix
08-25-2015, 12:31 PM
I took the Dolphins over....

ManU918
08-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Where did you get the eagles Under 9.5 at -140? Under 9.5 for the Birds is anywhere from even money to -105. You could have gotten Under 10 on 5 Dimes for -155. I took the Birds over 9.5 on Bookmaker at -115 for heaps.

Your Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray arguments hold no clout. They won 10 games each of the last two years with Mike Vick, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez and Barkley playing QB. During those two years with those QB's they were 2nd in points scored only behind the Denver Broncos. When it comes to RB they are one of if not the deepest team in the league. Even if Murray takes a step back they have Matthews with Sproles as a third option and Barner riding pine. Matthews and Sproles are better than most teams 1st and 2nd options.

But that's just the offense... Every Chip Kelly team is going to put up points. Where the Eagles are most improved are on the defensive side. Brandon Graham and Mychal Kendricks are both coming into their own, add Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso with Connor Bawin, DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox and Malcolm Jenkins...They could end up being the most improved defense in the league.

All of that and throw in the best special teams in the league and over is the play here IMO...

Just curious when you looked at their schedule what 7 games do you have them losing? It's hard for me to find 5 L's but 7... I cant find 7.

Valuist
08-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Where did you get the eagles Under 9.5 at -140? Under 9.5 for the Birds is anywhere from even money to -105. You could have gotten Under 10 on 5 Dimes for -155. I took the Birds over 9.5 on Bookmaker at -115 for heaps.

Your Sam Bradford and DeMarco Murray arguments hold no clout. They won 10 games each of the last two years with Mike Vick, Nick Foles, Mark Sanchez and Barkley playing QB. During those two years with those QB's they were 2nd in points scored only behind the Denver Broncos. When it comes to RB they are one of if not the deepest team in the league. Even if Murray takes a step back they have Matthews with Sproles as a third option and Barner riding pine. Matthews and Sproles are better than most teams 1st and 2nd options.

But that's just the offense... Every Chip Kelly team is going to put up points. Where the Eagles are most improved are on the defensive side. Brandon Graham and Mychal Kendricks are both coming into their own, add Byron Maxwell and Kiko Alonso with Connor Bawin, DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox and Malcolm Jenkins...They could end up being the most improved defense in the league.

All of that and throw in the best special teams in the league and over is the play here IMO...

Just curious when you looked at their schedule what 7 games do you have them losing? It's hard for me to find 5 L's but 7... I cant find 7.

Silver Legacy in Reno two weeks ago. They were minus 150 to minus 160 at other books in Reno. I did shop around for a price.

You sound like an Eagles fan. Sorry to rain on your parade. And yes, my arguments are valid. Nick Foles had an insane TD/int ratio two years ago. Bradford will never, ever come remotely close to it (believe it was 27/2). They are going to have to be vastly improved defensively. Interesting Philly Under 9.5 was Teddy Covers number 1 futures play. Say what you want about him, but he's had a very good track record for season over/under win totals.

ManU918
08-26-2015, 04:10 PM
Silver Legacy in Reno two weeks ago. They were minus 150 to minus 160 at other books in Reno. I did shop around for a price.

You sound like an Eagles fan. Sorry to rain on your parade. And yes, my arguments are valid. Nick Foles had an insane TD/int ratio two years ago. Bradford will never, ever come remotely close to it (believe it was 27/2). They are going to have to be vastly improved defensively. Interesting Philly Under 9.5 was Teddy Covers number 1 futures play. Say what you want about him, but he's had a very good track record for season over/under win totals.

Eagles fan or not you're not raining on my parade. I wager against the Eagles all of the time. This is about money.

Nick Foles? Really? You think the 27/2 was because of how good Foles is and not the system he was playing in? I like Nick Foles a lot. Guy is a class act but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Bradford won't get anywhere near that ratio this year because his running attack and defense is a lot better than it was in 2013. They won't have to throw the ball non-stop to keep up with the other team. Even if they did, would the ratio be that good? Probably not... The Raiders aren't on the schedule this season.

I honestly could careless who Teddy Covers likes. Not that I don't respect him but if I thought the Eagles were only going to win 9 games I would be the first one to jump on it. Even if I put Sanchez in as the starter I cant find 7 L's.

Valuist
08-26-2015, 09:46 PM
Eagles fan or not you're not raining on my parade. I wager against the Eagles all of the time. This is about money.

Nick Foles? Really? You think the 27/2 was because of how good Foles is and not the system he was playing in? I like Nick Foles a lot. Guy is a class act but let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Bradford won't get anywhere near that ratio this year because his running attack and defense is a lot better than it was in 2013. They won't have to throw the ball non-stop to keep up with the other team. Even if they did, would the ratio be that good? Probably not... The Raiders aren't on the schedule this season.

I honestly could careless who Teddy Covers likes. Not that I don't respect him but if I thought the Eagles were only going to win 9 games I would be the first one to jump on it. Even if I put Sanchez in as the starter I cant find 7 L's.

You can't go thru the schedule and chart Ws and Ls. Yeah the guys on sports radio do that, but they are clueless. Injuries happen and teams improve in form, and they go down in form.

They probably will have success running the football. They will HAVE to, if they want to get to 10 wins. Murray coming off 400 touches; Matthews is a walking injury, and Sproles has a lot of mileage on tires for a RB. But there's one thing you are forgetting: they are a GIMMICKY, COLLEGE offense. That can work in the short run. But the NFL D-Cs will always catch on.

proximity
08-27-2015, 12:55 AM
We'll see how the rookie WR does. Right now, there's nobody to fear on the outside. Defensively, they were 28th overall and 31st vs the pass. I say they don't win more than 9 games.

it's early but I like what I see out of agholor so far. i'd be a little worried about their guards though but the line was seemed solid last year even when mathis and herremans missed time. not a big sanchez fan, but i'd like to have barkley as a backup.

the pass d should be improved with Alonso, Maxwell, and (again, it's early but) the rookie rowe.

I think some of these easy afc east games are maybe tougher than they sound. teams have no great quarterbacks but pretty solid lineups overall. have to win that first road game with Washington. bad loss last year.

ManU918
08-27-2015, 08:38 AM
You can't go thru the schedule and chart Ws and Ls. Yeah the guys on sports radio do that, but they are clueless. Injuries happen and teams improve in form, and they go down in form.

They probably will have success running the football. They will HAVE to, if they want to get to 10 wins. Murray coming off 400 touches; Matthews is a walking injury, and Sproles has a lot of mileage on tires for a RB. But there's one thing you are forgetting: they are a GIMMICKY, COLLEGE offense. That can work in the short run. But the NFL D-Cs will always catch on.

I agree and disagree but that's the thing with this team. I believe that even if Murray and Bradford go down that the Eagles are still a 10 win team. I took that into account prior to placing my wager.

Gimmicky college offense that DC's will catch on to? Just curious whats gimmicky about it? Because at times they run the read option? Chip isn't running the triple option. DC's make big money and they haven't been able to stop Kelly in his first two years... And that's with a non-mobile qb and their going to be running it with another non-mobile qb this season. 3rd in PPG last year at 29... Only behind Green Bay and Denver... They had Rodgers and Manning, the Eagles had Sanchez. You can sit here and rattle off how many carries Murray had or how Matthews is injury prone but they are no longer the only RB on the team that has to carry the majority of the load. Also it seems like you're dismissing the passing game. I guess Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor and Miles Austin will account for zero offense.

Valuist
09-01-2015, 09:42 PM
I agree and disagree but that's the thing with this team. I believe that even if Murray and Bradford go down that the Eagles are still a 10 win team. I took that into account prior to placing my wager.

Gimmicky college offense that DC's will catch on to? Just curious whats gimmicky about it? Because at times they run the read option? Chip isn't running the triple option. DC's make big money and they haven't been able to stop Kelly in his first two years... And that's with a non-mobile qb and their going to be running it with another non-mobile qb this season. 3rd in PPG last year at 29... Only behind Green Bay and Denver... They had Rodgers and Manning, the Eagles had Sanchez. You can sit here and rattle off how many carries Murray had or how Matthews is injury prone but they are no longer the only RB on the team that has to carry the majority of the load. Also it seems like you're dismissing the passing game. I guess Jordan Matthews, Zach Ertz, Nelson Agholor and Miles Austin will account for zero offense.

What makes it gimmicky is the tempo. They've played at a faster tempo than other teams. Teams were really caught off guard but it also had the effect of wearing down the Eagles' defense. If the Eagles' offense has success it will be the running game. Are you really expecting anything out of Miles Austin? Its been years since he's been productive. McCoy rushed for over 1,300 yards and Maclin caught over 1,300 yards in passes. Both are gone. Can Murray replace McCoy? That's a possibility. But what about Maclin? Nobody is gonna come close to 1,300 receiving yards. That is a subpar receiving corps.

ManU918
09-02-2015, 11:00 AM
What makes it gimmicky is the tempo. They've played at a faster tempo than other teams. Teams were really caught off guard but it also had the effect of wearing down the Eagles' defense. If the Eagles' offense has success it will be the running game. Are you really expecting anything out of Miles Austin? Its been years since he's been productive. McCoy rushed for over 1,300 yards and Maclin caught over 1,300 yards in passes. Both are gone. Can Murray replace McCoy? That's a possibility. But what about Maclin? Nobody is gonna come close to 1,300 receiving yards. That is a subpar receiving corps.

So because the Eagles get to the line of scrimmage fast you're labeling them as a "gimmicky college offense"?

Had the effect of wearing down the Eagles defense or was the Eagles defense just not good in previous years?

So you're totally dismissing the pass game? So its rush or nothing? Have you watched any of the preseason? Bradford is 13 of 15 for 156 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions (All against the Ravens and Packers 1st team defense). Mark Sanchez is 29 of 46 for 320 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

That's the great part about this offense... Miles Austin might have 0 touchdowns or he might have 7... There are so many pieces that can be plugged in and have success. And as far as McCoy goes... I'd much rather have Murray, Matthews and Sproles than McCoy and Sproles.

The Eagles are a sub par receiving corps because Maclin is no longer on the team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Are you kidding me? Why give Maclin $55 million when you can draft Agholor to take his place at a much cheaper price tag.

You also seem to totally dismiss the fact that they have the best special teams in the entire NFL.

This is the best Eagles team since Kelly has taken over and you have wagered that they are going to have the worst season yet... Good luck with that Sir.

Valuist
09-02-2015, 11:51 AM
So because the Eagles get to the line of scrimmage fast you're labeling them as a "gimmicky college offense"?

Had the effect of wearing down the Eagles defense or was the Eagles defense just not good in previous years?

So you're totally dismissing the pass game? So its rush or nothing? Have you watched any of the preseason? Bradford is 13 of 15 for 156 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions (All against the Ravens and Packers 1st team defense). Mark Sanchez is 29 of 46 for 320 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions.

That's the great part about this offense... Miles Austin might have 0 touchdowns or he might have 7... There are so many pieces that can be plugged in and have success. And as far as McCoy goes... I'd much rather have Murray, Matthews and Sproles than McCoy and Sproles.

The Eagles are a sub par receiving corps because Maclin is no longer on the team? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Are you kidding me? Why give Maclin $55 million when you can draft Agholor to take his place at a much cheaper price tag.

You also seem to totally dismiss the fact that they have the best special teams in the entire NFL.

This is the best Eagles team since Kelly has taken over and you have wagered that they are going to have the worst season yet... Good luck with that Sir.

You are quoting exhibition game statistics. Are you serious? Those are 100% meaningless. Watching exhibition games will just lead one to erroneous conclusions. After watching the NFL for well over 40 years, that is one thing that doesn't change.

And you assume this rookie is going to come in and basically take Maclin's place? You have to be on crack to think he's going to come in and put up 1,300 receiving yards with Sam Bradford throwing to him.

I'm done with this discussion. It's obvious you are a die hard Eagles fan and are not seeing things objectively.

ManU918
09-02-2015, 12:14 PM
You are quoting exhibition game statistics. Are you serious? Those are 100% meaningless. Watching exhibition games will just lead one to erroneous conclusions. After watching the NFL for well over 40 years, that is one thing that doesn't change.

And you assume this rookie is going to come in and basically take Maclin's place? You have to be on crack to think he's going to come in and put up 1,300 receiving yards with Sam Bradford throwing to him.

I'm done with this discussion. It's obvious you are a die hard Eagles fan and are not seeing things objectively.

So you don't know me but you say I'm on crack and don't know how to see things objectively... Interesting...