PDA

View Full Version : Finger Lakes 8/20 Race 1 Accident

Redbullsnation
08-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Accident on the opening of race 1 that day. Can't find the video anywhere but it seems ugly

ultracapper
08-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Most services take down the replays of ugly accidents. Calracing.com takes down the very worst.

Redbullsnation
08-24-2015, 12:01 AM
Damn. Would've been an interesting watch, I guess

FantasticDan
08-24-2015, 02:26 AM
A 3yo horse named Mondor broke down and fell. He was euthanized on track. This is what you're interested in watching?

Mondor's story is sad and familiar. He began his career less than a year ago, and initially showed promise and talent, his second start was in a stakes at Parx.

12 starts and less than a year later, he's dumped in bottom claimers at FL.

Hey, the vets cleared him to race.. I'm sure he was fine.. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

NorCalGreg
08-24-2015, 02:43 AM
I actually posted about this horse in July--bridgejumper missed one

..I was going through Finger Lakes early this morning, nothing much there as usual--til the 8th race. The :5: Mondor stood way out by a huge gap. No betting value at all, but looked like a bridgejumper's delight. He figured to daylight the field @ about a $2.60 win payoff. I didn't have time to stick around and watch the race. When I got back home I checked--nope no big show bets in the 8th. Mondor won easily. But the Bridgejumper bet the 2nd Race-- :2: DELISSA. Why are they such lousy handicappers? The :2: did run 2nd, but hadn't hit the board in 4 of her last 5. I just thought it was kind of funny to risk at least 30K on THAT horse :)
-NCG

FantasticDan
08-24-2015, 01:23 PM
Mondor was in for a $25K first-time tag at Pimlico on 5/25, he finished 2nd. His next appearance was on 7/10 at Laurel, now dropped all the way down to $5K. This was a horse who had finished 2nd in a Parx stakes race (beaten by a nose) eight months earlier.

Nothing suspicious there :rolleyes: :ThmbDown: