PDA

View Full Version : Claimed-For-Nothing Angle

NorCalGreg
08-23-2015, 04:39 PM
EIGHTH RACE
Del Mar
JULY 31, 2015
*W. Giles was claimed by Tachycardia Stables; trainer, Castaneda Kelly,
*Sir Barclay was claimed by Haagsma John D and Knapp, Steve; trainer, Knapp Steve,
*My Slew was claimed by Fitch Todd and Williams, Jeffrey; trainer, Mullins Jeff,
*Big Sugar Soda was claimed by Solitaire Stable; trainer, Dominguez Henry,
*Parliamentarian was claimed by Flory Mike; trainer, Craigmyle Keith E,
*Prayer for Da Bric was claimed by Lucas Downs Ltd; trainer, Kitchingman Adam.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Big-Gain,Class-Drop,Top-Rider Switch Angle is older than dirt, think Ainslie came up with that--but this one I have never seen so I know I, at least independently, came up with it (and it works)

I wish had the HTML skill to post the DM chart for R-8, 8/31. 9 horses went to post-an amazing 6 were claimed. Here's where the angle comes into play: horsemen, trainers, jockeys, workout riders, stable employees, etc; know whats going on....they see and hear things. You ever see a big longshot win--and notice magically someone put in a claim for that very horse? What happened was, someone knew that horse was being prepped for a score and were one race late putting in a claim.

Getting back to the point--the 8th 7/31 @ Del Mar..PRAYER FOR DA BRIC ran dead last @ 25-1, but was claimed by trainer Adam Kitchingman. Ask yourself why? I see he has speed, but doesn't appear very sound. This is why I call it "Claimed For Nothing". Today he's entered @ GGF R-5 :6: in an unclaimable $12.5SA and 15-1 ML. The "unclaimable" part is important--if you are getting your horse ready for a score, you don't want him claimed out from under you. His Jock is Kyle Frey who is 8-3-4-0 for the meet. It's actually a class drop IMO, since the purse goes from $19K to $15K.

Two things--today is the day---or today is a set-up for the next race, thus the reason for being in an unclaimable race today. Good luck all :)
-NCG

ultracapper
08-23-2015, 04:43 PM
What was the claiming price 7/31?

garyscpa
08-23-2015, 04:43 PM
You'll never get SRU to bet on him.

NorCalGreg
08-23-2015, 04:53 PM
What was the claiming price 7/31?

@DM 8K

ultracapper
08-23-2015, 05:01 PM
@DM 8K
Without looking at the pps, I'm guessing a go, knowing Kitchingman as I think I do. However, that could be a damn salty field he's entered with today. Without seeing the entire conditions, you could have horses in there that have won at twice the $12.5K price in the past year.

NorCalGreg
08-23-2015, 05:28 PM
Without looking at the pps, I'm guessing a go, knowing Kitchingman as I think I do. However, that could be a damn salty field he's entered with today. Without seeing the entire conditions, you could have horses in there that have won at twice the $12.5K price in the past year.

Yeah very tough field. I'm leaning towards "next time" because of the unclaimable race---but horses that meet this angle, I bet their first two races anyway (today and next race, unless a big layoff)

MONEY
08-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Today's race is on the turf, if you horse wins it will be by mistake.

#7 Grumpy Small Mouth, loves GG. #3 Hawk's Eyes is well rested, 357 days off.
#5 We Own The Night has only one win but drops down a class that he might be able to beat.

Good Luck

MJC922
09-13-2015, 09:13 AM
Claimed at 10-1 or higher is an angle I sent into Bill Olmstead's newsletter well over 20 years ago now. To my knowledge that would be the first time the angle ever appeared in print.

Noticing it came up relatively infrequently (way before ADW days) and I could only bet on my local track (Finger Lakes), I figured I'd just mail the angle in to Bill. From time to time I see it discussed on various forums.

Today it would be especially foolish to post any winning angle because it would become unprofitable overnight. Once you post anything online you might as well forget it. If it works it will be leveraged. I mean look at that angle, I sent it into an obscure handicapping newsletter late 80's, with a commodore 64 on my desk playing Sid Meiers Pirates and no internet... here it is still popping up for discussion in 2015. :)

NorCalGreg
09-13-2015, 07:10 PM
Claimed at 10-1 or higher is an angle I sent into Bill Olmstead's newsletter well over 20 years ago now. To my knowledge that would be the first time the angle ever appeared in print.

Noticing it came up relatively infrequently (way before ADW days) and I could only bet on my local track (Finger Lakes), I figured I'd just mail the angle in to Bill. From time to time I see it discussed on various forums.

Today it would be especially foolish to post any winning angle because it would become unprofitable overnight. Once you post anything online you might as well forget it. If it works it will be leveraged. I mean look at that angle, I sent it into an obscure handicapping newsletter late 80's, with a commodore 64 on my desk playing Sid Meiers Pirates and no internet... here it is still popping up for discussion in 2015. :)

Here's the deal with that, my friend..I came up with this independently, as I'm certain you did--I'm not worried about anyone using this--or it becoming unprofitable, and here's why: this requires some work (very little, yes but some) some thought...and perhaps the biggest barrier for most--RECORD KEEPING!
When most people find out this method loses 7 out of 10 races...they lose interest. Believe me--it's NOT unprofitable and if anyone is currently playing this-besides a few of us here-they arent doing a very good job.
So I don't mind posting the plays up here. I'm not going to post the rules again...if anyone really wants them they can do a search.
Had a method horse today @ Parx-he finished 4th in a blanket finish at 12-1-
the winner was interesting--paid $19.40 & was claimed
*8 -OUR CARLY 19.40 6.40 4.60 ....someone knew something was up
*Our Carly was claimed by Kelly William R; trainer, Brown Howard R Jr,
Good luck :)
By the way....is Bill O still living? Haven't heard that name in ages.
-NCG

MJC922
09-14-2015, 01:22 PM
Don't know about Bill, never had any contact with him, only sent in the one angle and those were snail mail days. Seems he posted a few times out here 6 or 7 years ago. Good luck with it by the way. If it's still profitable that's nice to hear.