PDA

View Full Version : Richard Mandella

tophatmert
08-23-2015, 11:46 AM
Just thought I'd mention his name .Terrific job once again

letswastemoney
08-23-2015, 12:35 PM
I thought they deserved applause for even trying, no matter where Beholder finished.

They could have taken the easy money and beat up on females again.

taxicab
08-23-2015, 12:51 PM
@ tophatmert:
I'm glad you brought him up.
He really is one of the greatest trainers of all time.
Hay,Oats and Water.......nothing more is needed for this true horseman.
You won't see Richard Mandella hanging out at the 24 hour drive through pharmacy.
I wonder if his quiet way of doing business doesn't get him lost in the shuffle every now and again.
Quite a Graded Stakes resume: :eek:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=StakesListing&searchType=T&eID=1150

upthecreek
08-23-2015, 01:38 PM
It says his career earnings are 128 million + , does that mean he earned roughly 12 million?

nijinski
08-23-2015, 02:18 PM
@ tophatmert:
I'm glad you brought him up.
He really is one of the greatest trainers of all time.
Hay,Oats and Water.......nothing more is needed for this true horseman.
You won't see Richard Mandella hanging out at the 24 hour drive through pharmacy.
I wonder if his quiet way of doing business doesn't get him lost in the shuffle every now and again.
Quite a Graded Stakes resume: :eek:

http://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=StakesListing&searchType=T&eID=1150 Hay Water and Oats and likely added protein , some lytes as needed etc. I agree Mandella is an excellent trainer and and not a pharma guy but I doubt he has never used a therapeutic on his horses within legal limits.. he's done a minor nerving one a horse , turned into a big headache and lawsuit , so doubt he does much different than most Cali trainers , just not the bad apples . I do applaud the great job he's done with Beholder!

ultracapper
08-23-2015, 03:50 PM
I thought they deserved applause for even trying, no matter where Beholder finished.

They could have taken the easy money and beat up on females again.

And won this race with his other entry.

whodoyoulike
08-23-2015, 04:44 PM
Just thought I'd mention his name .Terrific job once again

I think it's also nice that you acknowledged him. He's one of my favorites.