PDA

View Full Version : Prado Post Race

Zaf
06-05-2004, 08:43 PM
I don't think I ever seen a jockey so dejected after winning a G1 Stake. It seemed like he was apologizing for winning the race. It was a decent gesture from him. He knew he spoiled the party :(

ZAFONIC

Richard
06-05-2004, 08:49 PM
On TV the announcer said that they could'nt interview Prado because he supposedly had to get ready for the next race.I can understand how Prado might've felt a little crappy but you gotta do your job.

Milleruszk
06-05-2004, 09:20 PM
I saw Edgar Prado interviewed right after he won on Birdstone. He did say that he was sorry he spoiled the party but he was just doing his job. A classy response!!

Another classy post race response was when John Servis congradulated Nick Zito for his win.

Tom

Richard
06-06-2004, 07:25 AM
This was at the winner's circle where where the announcer said he could'nt talk to Prado.

PaceAdvantage
06-07-2004, 09:50 AM
It's a shame they couldn't revel in their victory. If I was them, I'd enjoy every minute of it. I felt horrible for Marylou having to sit there and apologize for winning! It may have been a class move, but it was totally unnecessary. This is horse racing. You're not going to win the Belmont Stakes every year, so you better ENJOY IT NOW!!

Zaf
06-07-2004, 09:29 PM
Your Right PA, Win one of the biggest freakin races of the year, and then you feel like you committed a crime.

ZAFONIC