PDA

View Full Version : Jockey sentenced...

Grits
08-18-2015, 01:22 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93766/jockey-sentenced-for-off-track-incident

Could one of you fine gentlemen explain to me why he stole the dog??? In other words, what does the dog have to do with... nevermind. Don't think I can handle the answer.

According to the Philadelphia Intelligencer, Medero was shot in December after he broke into two apartments, masturbated, and stole a dog. The publication reported Medero was shot after he jumped from a balcony, wearing only his shirt, and carrying a long-haired dachshund. He tried to masturbate again after he was taken into custody, police said.
A weiner dog, no less!! :lol:

Back to Wednesday's card. I'm confused. :lol:

Stillriledup
08-18-2015, 01:39 PM
The jockeys safe haven is the track, if they're on horseback in a pari mutuel race, with legal gambling across wires and state lines, they can break any laws imaginable and never even come close to spending one second in jail.

I'm surprised the 'racing industry' and those wonderful Parx stewards didnt step and recommend to the real life judicial system that a 3 day riding suspension be the 'punishment' instead of real life jail.

NorCalGreg
08-18-2015, 01:58 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93766/jockey-sentenced-for-off-track-incident

Could one of you fine gentlemen explain to me why he stole the dog??? In other words, what does the dog have to do with... nevermind. Don't think I can handle the answer.

Classic PCP or Ketamine use- derivatives of horse tranquilizers that can turn people into insane rage monsters. Dip a joint into this solution, smoke it, your body temp goes up (why the clothes come off) and sometimes exhibit the most bizarre, violent behavior imaginable. It's like Russian Roulette-you never know when you'll just get high--or you'll go off like a freakin maniac. I've been there.

reckless
08-18-2015, 04:58 PM
FWIW, the rider is one of the nicest, most respectful kids you'll meet at the track. I am not joking. There are several stories out there that explains this truly bizarre set of circumstances.

I promise you that once he does his time, he'll eventually find himself back riding and doing well. The trainers that used him in the past will help me get started once again.

Stillriledup
08-18-2015, 05:04 PM
FWIW, the rider is one of the nicest, most respectful kids you'll meet at the track. I am not joking. There are several stories out there that explains this truly bizarre set of circumstances.

I promise you that once he does his time, he'll eventually find himself back riding and doing well. The trainers that used him in the past will help me get started once again.

So you're him? :D

reckless
08-18-2015, 05:08 PM
So you're him? :D

So, who told you? :lol:

Seriously, this Suarez saga has so many people scratching their heads. Those that know him and know how he conducts himself and his business, were shocked when all this happened.

Grits
08-18-2015, 05:08 PM
Reckless, after his sentencing, he hugged the man who shot him. Not something, we, as humans, are prone to do. I hope he comes back to ride.

I just don't get why he stole the dog. ;)

reckless
08-18-2015, 05:12 PM
Reckless, after his sentencing, he hugged the man who shot him. Not something, we, as humans, are prone to do. I hope he comes back to ride.

Me too, Grits. A lot of things simply didn't make sense.

This is a very strange saga, to say the least.

saddle sore
08-18-2015, 05:23 PM
Classic PCP or Ketamine use- derivatives of horse tranquilizers that can turn people into insane rage monsters. Dip a joint into this solution, smoke it, your body temp goes up (why the clothes come off) and sometimes exhibit the most bizarre, violent behavior imaginable. It's like Russian Roulette-you never know when you'll just get high--or you'll go off like a freakin maniac. I've been there........What you mean you've been there.....You mean to tell me you exhibited the same behavior as that poor soul.....:confused:

NorCalGreg
08-18-2015, 05:29 PM
There are several stories out there that explains this truly bizarre set of circumstances.

What are some of the "several" stories out there that explain this? Maybe he got ahold of some bad Spice? He says he smoked a joint and remembers nothing afterwards.

NorCalGreg
08-18-2015, 05:31 PM
.......What you mean you've been there.....You mean to tell me you exhibited the same behavior as that poor soul.....:confused:

That's exactly what I mean.

reckless
08-18-2015, 05:54 PM
What are some of the "several" stories out there that explain this? Maybe he got ahold of some bad Spice? He says he smoked a joint and remembers nothing afterwards.

Actually, that is one of the stories. It was also rumored that he rarely if ever indulged in any sort of drugs, dope or alcohol.

The other part of the story is a girlfriend that supposedly played with his head.

Women could do that to the best of men -- or so I am told. :)

NorCalGreg
08-18-2015, 06:09 PM
Actually, that is one of the stories. It was also rumored that he rarely if ever indulged in any sort of drugs, dope or alcohol.

The other part of the story is a girlfriend that supposedly played with his head.

Women could do that to the best of men -- or so I am told. :)

The love of a woman........now THAT will make a man exhibit some bizarre behavior lol

EMD4ME
08-18-2015, 06:47 PM
The love of a woman........now THAT will make a man exhibit some bizarre behavior lol

HELL YEAH!!!!

Steve 'StatMan'
08-18-2015, 07:27 PM
Well Grits, nothing sounds rational about what he did. As for stealing the weiner doggie, well, they're just so darn cute.

taxicab
08-18-2015, 07:29 PM

I'll bet ya not half as confused as that dog must of been.... :eek:

happy camper
08-18-2015, 07:40 PM
Classic PCP or Ketamine use- derivatives of horse tranquilizers that can turn people into insane rage monsters. Dip a joint into this solution, smoke it, your body temp goes up (why the clothes come off) and sometimes exhibit the most bizarre, violent behavior imaginable. It's like Russian Roulette-you never know when you'll just get high--or you'll go off like a freakin maniac. I've been there.

I can assure you, this isn't the result of ketamine use. Don't know where the hell you came up with this.

Flipping dude wouldn't have been able to walk, jump, jerk it, let alone catch a stationary dog.

taxicab
08-18-2015, 07:58 PM

It was part of his master plan....
He was planning on entering a ringer in the Weiner Dog races @ Pocono. :eek:

http://the570.com/pa-oktoberfest/

Grits
08-18-2015, 08:08 PM
LOLOLLLLLL You guys are good!! :lol:

Tall One
08-18-2015, 08:19 PM
I can assure you, this isn't the result of ketamine use. Don't know where the hell you came up with this.

Flipping dude wouldn't have been able to walk, jump, jerk it, let alone catch a stationary dog.

Don't they use Ketamine to tranquilize bears? You need the right catalyst to make that work.

NCG is partially right though. If he smoked some reefer and don't remember carrying on like that, then yeah, it was no doubt pcp.

Let me add this, if he bought it without knowing, that's a dirty ass trick to play on somebody. Could've very easily got this guy killed.

TonyK@HSH
08-18-2015, 09:01 PM

I have to totally agree with the comments from Reckless. I had the pleasure of working with Angel and we remain close friends. In fact we spoke earlier tonight.
This kid made a bad mistake, and is paying the price. But he does deserve a second chance and I have no doubt he will take advantage of it.

Tony

Grits
08-18-2015, 09:32 PM
I have to totally agree with the comments from Reckless. I had the pleasure of working with Angel and we remain close friends. In fact we spoke earlier tonight.
This kid made a bad mistake, and is paying the price. But he does deserve a second chance and I have no doubt he will take advantage of it.

Tony

Stated earlier today, I hoped that he did make it back to racing. He's young, he's got his entire lifetime ahead of him.

saddle sore
08-19-2015, 12:33 PM

I promise you that once he does his time, he'll eventually find himself back riding and doing well. The trainers that used him in the past will help me get started once again........trainers?.......What about the owners......Picture this.......Angel has just won a race. Now we have the customary team picture after the race. We have the owners usually an elderly couple in there 70's. With them are there kids and precious grand kids in the picture......NOW would you want to be associated in the same picture with this character....Its gonna be a tough sell.

OntheRail
08-19-2015, 01:25 PM

Well I'll not be shaking his hand..... :lol:

OntheRail
08-19-2015, 01:38 PM
So, who told you? :lol:

Seriously, this Suarez saga has so many people scratching their heads. Those that know him and know how he conducts himself and his business, were shocked when all this happened.

Hmmm kind of a Jekyll and Hyde this guy is... Suarez the clean cut Jockey and Medero the wacky jerker dog snatcher. One can not recall what the other has done. Good thing he got shot in the azz Hay-SOOS only knows what mayhem he could of wrought as Mendero.

Pensacola Pete
08-19-2015, 04:20 PM

Which head?

Stillriledup
08-19-2015, 04:57 PM
Which head?

9CdVTCDdEwI

taxicab
08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
.......trainers?.......What about the owners......Picture this.......Angel has just won a race. Now we have the customary team picture after the race. We have the owners usually an elderly couple in there 70's. With them are there kids and precious grand kids in the picture......NOW would you want to be associated in the same picture with this character....Its gonna be a tough sell.

In visualizing the customary team picture you mentioned, I noticed you omitted the family dog that usually goes everywhere with Grandma.
Grandma left Fluffy at home.
Grandma is nobody's fool. :rolleyes:

saddle sore
08-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Well I'll not be shaking his hand..... :lol:.......Hey don't worry about Angel....He'll just change his name to Angel Suarez Masterberto...:lol:....No seriously didn't he raced as only Angel Suarez before....Somebody should pull up a thread on all the jockey name changes...:bang:

NorCalGreg
08-19-2015, 06:11 PM

LOL....yeah that's what happens when you suburban idiots inject way too much "special K". Why don't we just move on to handicapping since neither of us dabbles in this anymore.............right? Good luck :)

-NCG

happy camper
08-19-2015, 07:43 PM
LOL....yeah that's what happens when you suburban idiots inject way too much "special K". Why don't we just move on to handicapping since neither of us dabbles in this anymore.............right? Good luck :)

-NCG

Whether people snort, which is mostly the case, or inject it, his actions described aren't k related.

We'll go with the angel dust/wet theory. Possibly synthetic weed.

IrishRail76
08-21-2015, 06:15 PM
It was part of his master plan....
He was planning on entering a ringer in the Weiner Dog races @ Pocono. :eek:

http://the570.com/pa-oktoberfest/

Just when you think it's safe to leave town for 11 days for brief vacation and hospital trip, the 3rd at Saratoga is a 3-horse race, a jockey steals a weiner dog, and Pocono posts: "...sign up your Weiner!"

Take it from a friend, don't let a day pass without checking in on the Pace Advantage Forum! News, advice and comments just don't get any better than this...your home for in-depth news, views and commentary.

taxicab
08-21-2015, 07:15 PM
Just when you think it's safe to leave town for 11 days for brief vacation and hospital trip, the 3rd at Saratoga is a 3-horse race, a jockey steals a weiner dog, and Pocono posts: "...sign up your Weiner!"

Take it from a friend, don't let a day pass without checking in on the Pace Advantage Forum! News, advice and comments just don't get any better than this...your home for in-depth news, views and commentary.

Pace Advantage........we are the best. :ThmbUp: