PDA

View Full Version : Tractor On Track During A Race At Pocono

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2015, 10:47 AM
In all the years I have been watching harness races I have never seen a tractor on track during a race and being the subject of inquiry.

The race was declared a no contest by the judges,

Watch this reply. Click on Aug 16 Race 14

http://mohegansunpocono-px.rtrk.com/racing/latest.html#race-replays

Sea Biscuit
08-18-2015, 11:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/bGnmquf.png (http://imgur.com/bGnmquf)

Longshot6977
08-18-2015, 08:16 PM
The tractor driver and/or maintenance crew should be responsible for all winning wagers (This was SRU Downs, correct? :D )

EMD4ME
08-18-2015, 08:27 PM
This makes zero sense to me. I watched the entire replay and never saw the tractor on the track. SO, he must've came on the track (assuming from the clubhouse turn-I don't know the layout of Pocono, have not been there in years) as the horses had just left the starting point (RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM).

How in the WORLD DOES this happen? It's not a starting gate that couldn't be moved because the tractor pulling it broke down.

The guy in it looked to have no reaction as horses blew around him.

Is there a late pick 4 that maybe the tractor guy was alive in and wanted to make sure the pick 4 paid on the first 3??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been alive for a lot of money and prayed for a hurricane for the last race on the grass (to come off, hence making me a pick 6 pool scoper or pick 4 score) but this is a new one.

thespaah
08-18-2015, 10:05 PM
This makes zero sense to me. I watched the entire replay and never saw the tractor on the track. SO, he must've came on the track (assuming from the clubhouse turn-I don't know the layout of Pocono, have not been there in years) as the horses had just left the starting point (RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM).

How in the WORLD DOES this happen? It's not a starting gate that couldn't be moved because the tractor pulling it broke down.

Is there a late pick 4 that maybe the tractor guy was alive in and wanted to make sure the pick 4 paid on the first 3??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've been alive for a lot of money and prayed for a hurricane for the last race on the grass (to come off, hence making me a pick 6 pool scoper or pick 4 score) but this is a new one.
Noting the three split times at the top of the screen, this field was about to turn for home the final time.
This could have been a disaster of mega proportions. Heads should roll for this intolerable error.

EMD4ME
08-18-2015, 10:13 PM
Noting the three split times at the top of the screen, this field was about to turn for home the final time.
This could have been a disaster of mega proportions. Heads should roll for this intolerable error.

I agree. Good thing he was going away from the field, not towards it. It kind of (minimally)helped them have more reaction time.

You're 100000% right. Intolerable.

HuggingTheRail
08-19-2015, 01:43 AM
Reminds me of the maintenance people on the turf course at Santa Anita a few years ago......yikes!

RaceTrackDaddy
08-21-2015, 02:48 PM

If you go back to the video, check out the background once they pass the quarter pole and the video switches to the ground camera at the finish line looking up the track towards the quarter pole. You can see the tractor just starting to leave the backside and enter the track. I can only assume he thought that was the final turn of the race and it was time for him to go to work. For whatever reason that it happened, someone should be accountable.

Stillriledup
08-21-2015, 03:06 PM
Reminds me of the maintenance people on the turf course at Santa Anita a few years ago......yikes!

It was del mar, 11 years ago.

WrYuZtG2MqI

Sea Biscuit
08-21-2015, 04:12 PM
It was del mar, 11 years ago.

WrYuZtG2MqI

SRU The vieo link does not work.

Do you have a utube link?

Stillriledup
08-21-2015, 04:54 PM
WrYuZtG2MqI

Sorry it doesn't work not sure the problem, seems to work for me.

zico20
08-21-2015, 06:30 PM

Or maybe the guy had all his money on the :6: and when the horse broke stride at the start and was completely out of the race he had to do something to avoid losing his life savings.

EMD4ME
08-21-2015, 07:03 PM
Or maybe the guy had all his money on the :6: and when the horse broke stride at the start and was completely out of the race he had to do something to avoid losing his life savings.

I would NOT put that past him...

NorCalGreg
08-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Those were good videos.....I liked the guy that walked out to the finish line, stood there and tried to punch that horse while they were charging towards him. THAT guy had to be insane- no one is that courageous. LOL I'm still chuckling. OMG I don't know how you come up with them, SRU :ThmbUp:

EMD4ME
08-21-2015, 08:10 PM
Those were good videos.....I liked the guy that walked out to the finish line, stood there and tried to punch that horse while they were charging towards him. THAT guy had to be insane- no one is that courageous. LOL I'm still chuckling. OMG I don't know how you come up with them, SRU :ThmbUp:

DO NOT CALL ME INSANE!!!

When I get my second chance, I will not miss!

Just kidding..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

EdZone
08-21-2015, 11:31 PM
starting gate tractor malfunction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f25rYfahlfA

NorCalGreg
08-22-2015, 12:17 AM
DO NOT CALL ME INSANE!!!

When I get my second chance, I will not miss!

That reminded me of that movie "Blazing Saddles" when Mongo punched that horse. I could see EMD at the finish line waiting to "Coupon" Illumination Road. Seriously, where do these people come from?
In that vid Edzone put up, notice that rider on Apple Martini got everyone stopped when he saw the gate still there....then rode real quick to the finish line just in case LOL. GN all GO BAYERN!!

Stillriledup
08-22-2015, 12:21 AM

They should NOT refund the breaking horse and take that money and divide it amongst all the no breakers in the race. So if you didnt break you get your money back and also share in the profits of the breaker.

Sea Biscuit
08-22-2015, 01:22 AM

This was scary

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g387/secretariat3/Angryfan2-1_zps61af69db.jpg (http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/secretariat3/media/Angryfan2-1_zps61af69db.jpg.html)