PDA

View Full Version : Birdstone??????/

Tom
06-05-2004, 07:11 PM
I can see a horse getting beat, Lord knows the triple crown is a hard thing to get through.
But Bird-F-ingStone?

How many people are walking out of Belmont today shaking their heads, their beliefs that horse racing is crap? How many are coming back Sunday?

Purge died after doing nothing at all for 2 furlongs, RHT was emptier than a beer can at last call, Bailey rushed up to say hello and then died like a dog.
And here comes "one of the pigs" that got his *ss beat every time he meet a good horse. The entie crop of 3 yos must be off form today. Mile and a half hell, most were done before a mile, some before a furlong! A freakin furlong! 660 feet is beyond the capability of half these horses. Come on to Finger lakes, boys!

Home track? Maybe.
Sh*t race?
Fer sure.
Sour grapes?
Yup.

Just so many counltess NYRA races, I am sitting here shaking my head asking myself, "What is post time at Penn tonight?
Smarty is still the only 3 year old that danced every dance, ran every race, even today, in defeat his star shines brighter than all the rest combined.
And history will remember Birdsh*t as the pig that got lucky one day. At least my history.

:(

BeatTheChalk
06-05-2004, 07:14 PM
Champaigne stakes at Belmont .. bred in the super purple..and
had excuses in the races that he lost ..coming into the Belmont.
The f**d up pace scenario did not help SJ. Stupid RHT shouldnt
have even been near the front ! And el cheapo Eddington up
there just close enough to make SJ move a little bit more than
he had to.

tdthomas
06-05-2004, 07:16 PM
Birdstone is not a bad horse. Birdstone is a good horse who has been under-achieving.

Zaf
06-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Disapointing. Tom I had the same sentiments, when he was going by I said " this piece of sh_ _ , No way , Not him.

ZAFONIC

KingChas
06-05-2004, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tom
[B]I can see a horse getting beat, Lord knows the triple crown is a hard thing to get through.
But Bird-F-ingStone?

He was a champ at 2.At least Nick Zito won he is a true NY trainer .Who did you think would win if Smarty didn't?It was appearant the ESPN-NBC-smarties liked Rock Hard Ten.Randy Moss was salivitating at the odds.Congrats to Nick he's not like Frankel who when hes in Ny hes a (NY TRAINER AND WHEN HES IN CAL HES A WEST COAST TRAINER).Plus Bobby really showed his class last year when Empire Maker won. He really dissed NY.(HES A CHAMELEON).Nicky didn't brag and hide in the back room.

WINMANWIN
06-05-2004, 09:08 PM
I remember many writing BIRDSTONE off after is poor race with Bailey aboard. Its amazing how these steeds are 3 to 5 shots 1 mth, and 7 weeks come back later and pay BOXCARS........:eek:
Everyone scoped him alrdy and knows he liked Belmont, threw a shoe in the preakness on an OFF track, and just was better than Smarty today.But what really got my gander, was all the t.v. people, news people, saying ROCK HARD TEN was the only 1, that had a legit shot to beat Smarty..:eek: He was 11 lenghts back, they talked about his wide trip etc. When I heard the chit chat I knew I had to back off of him, I did like zito's steeds in the Belmont, I thought they could fill the gimmicks, I was disappointed that Smarty lost, but who Knew Zito would have 3
box card winners on the card.:confused: