PDA

View Full Version : Beholder ready for Pacific Classic

Grits
08-17-2015, 08:29 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93751/beholder-shows-readiness-for-pacific-classic

"There are two questions: I think she can get a mile-and-a-quarter, but she hasn't done it," Mandella said. "Second of all, she hasn't run against colts. Those are two different things. But that's what the interest was, to try something a little bit stronger and see what happens. "I think she deserves this chance and I would be pretty disappointed if it didn't work out."

EMD4ME
08-17-2015, 08:34 PM
With another Baffert horse pointed to the Pacific Classic and AP's decision coming after his next workout, I would imagine it's more than likely the Travers for AP?

I hope "she" gets it done in the Pacific Classic. Nice to see the connections have the testicular fortitude to take a shot against the boys at a longer distance.

classhandicapper
08-18-2015, 09:29 AM
10F on dirt against the boys is a very very tough spot for a mare. Years ago a few really good fillies tried to win those important 10F dirt races in CA and failed badly. IMO, the one thing she has going for her is that the race might come up a little light relative to historic standards. But if she gets bet hard, I think you have to take a stand against her.

plainolebill
08-18-2015, 06:40 PM
10F on dirt against the boys is a very very tough spot for a mare. Years ago a few really good fillies tried to win those important 10F dirt races in CA and failed badly. IMO, the one thing she has going for her is that the race might come up a little light relative to historic standards. But if she gets bet hard, I think you have to take a stand against her.

I don't know if there will be any shippers but I haven't been real impressed with the older horses racing at DMR. That may be the thinking in Mandella's barn.

taxicab
08-18-2015, 07:34 PM
Beholder will be the clear chalk,no doubt about it.
If she wins nicely enough the question might be which Breeders Cup race does she go in ?