PDA

View Full Version : You've been dragging...

Grits
08-14-2015, 05:30 PM
for so long, Virginia. Good luck...

How can your horseman, your residents, horse racing bettors, and fans get interested in anything you're planning.

Same old, same old. Hopefully, there will be a future. Somehow, without your racing schedule being run at Laurel for the next several years. :faint:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93682/virginia-racing-plans-continue-to-take-shape

taxicab
08-14-2015, 09:31 PM
It looks like the good folks in Va. like to wager.
The Colonial product was OK.
The ADW numbers are decent enough.
Va. has people from North Carolina that will cross state lines to bet.......of course the OTB's are now shutdown due to the dispute.
Cutting off the nose to spite the face....

thespaah
08-14-2015, 11:31 PM
It looks like the good folks in Va. like to wager.
The Colonial product was OK.
The ADW numbers are decent enough.
Va. has people from North Carolina that will cross state lines to bet.......of course the OTB's are now shutdown due to the dispute.
Cutting off the nose to spite the face....
Tell me about it...The Ridgeway( MArtinsville) OTB was the closest pari mutuel facility to my residence( abt 2 hrs) ....That is until this whiny Horsemen's association decided they wanted everything to work in their favor and shut down VA racing.
SCREW them!....
My hope is next year the VAHBPA is run out of the Old Dominion on a rail and the new association takes shape.

taxicab
08-15-2015, 01:31 AM
Tell me about it...The Ridgeway( MArtinsville) OTB was the closest pari mutuel facility to my residence( abt 2 hrs) ....That is until this whiny Horsemen's association decided they wanted everything to work in their favor and shut down VA racing.
SCREW them!....
My hope is next year the VAHBPA is run out of the Old Dominion on a rail and the new association takes shape.

I have two friends in NC who are now cutoff from all things pari-mutuel because of the Va debacle.
So are you completely shutout of pari-mutuel action now spah ?

Track Collector
08-15-2015, 10:06 AM
Looks like a another new track to add to my visit list, and a local one at that. :ThmbUp:

Will be at another new track on 09/20, but the 10/24 date is now on my calendar.

I'm rooting for the new horsemen's group.

Robert Goren
08-15-2015, 10:51 AM
A lot more tracks need to close. Until all the parties involved decide to promote the industry, tracks will close. This closure is the fault of the horsemen and the horsemen only. Somehow they forgot that you can not get blood out of a turnip. Their greed is killing racing and no where is it more apparent than in Virginia. The horsemen refusal to do what is necessary to attract gamblers to sport is hard to understand. You think that some one whose livelihood depends on getting gamblers to bet on their sport would be leading the charge to make the game more gambler friendly. But what we see instead is an entrenchment on the issues that not only are keeping new gamblers from sport, but are driving the current ones from the sport. Anyone who thinks that a family on a picnic betting $5 a race can support the purses needed to keep racing going is crazy. But again and again I see that is exactly what the horsemen seem to want to attract. They do not seem to want to attract real gamblers to their sport/business. It is like it is beneath them to admit they need gamblers. So, like in Virginia, tracks will continue to close and the horsemen will continue to whine about it and refuse to admit that its closure was their fault. If the horsemen do want more Virginias, fix the sport. You know what needs to be done. There have more than a hundred threads on this site outlining what needs to be done. It is now a matter of the willpower needed to do it. But I do not expect it to be done. It is easier to find excuses and blame everybody but the face in the mirror.

thespaah
08-15-2015, 01:33 PM
I have two friends in NC who are now cutoff from all things pari-mutuel because of the Va debacle.
So are you completely shutout of pari-mutuel action now spah ?
Unless I use an offshore book, yes.
I think I may have a workaround involving my friend's NYRA account.
I will send him money to put into his account then bet off of that.
I think I may have to go the Virtual Private Network route in order to conceal my IP Address.
It is my understanding that ADW's are now tracking IP Addresses of users to prevent use by those living in unauthorized states...

ultracapper
08-15-2015, 08:22 PM
They don't allow ADWs to operate in their state, no doubt to protect the unwitting residents from the gambling disease, yet I'm sure lotteries, run by the very protectors of morals and all other good things, are shoved down your throats relentlessly.

Government always has the answer.

taxicab
08-16-2015, 03:00 AM
Unless I use an offshore book, yes.
I think I may have a workaround involving my friend's NYRA account.
I will send him money to put into his account then bet off of that.
I think I may have to go the Virtual Private Network route in order to conceal my IP Address.
It is my understanding that ADW's are now tracking IP Addresses of users to prevent use by those living in unauthorized states...

My goodness.
Pure torture spaah.
All in the name of good clean action.....Yikes. :eek:
And as you know with the offshores,high risk/high reward wagers are out.....capped payouts and all that.
Good luck to you sir.

taxicab
08-16-2015, 03:02 AM
A lot more tracks need to close. Until all the parties involved decide to promote the industry, tracks will close. This closure is the fault of the horsemen and the horsemen only. Somehow they forgot that you can not get blood out of a turnip. Their greed is killing racing and no where is it more apparent than in Virginia. The horsemen refusal to do what is necessary to attract gamblers to sport is hard to understand. You think that some one whose livelihood depends on getting gamblers to bet on their sport would be leading the charge to make the game more gambler friendly. But what we see instead is an entrenchment on the issues that not only are keeping new gamblers from sport, but are driving the current ones from the sport. Anyone who thinks that a family on a picnic betting $5 a race can support the purses needed to keep racing going is crazy. But again and again I see that is exactly what the horsemen seem to want to attract. They do not seem to want to attract real gamblers to their sport/business. It is like it is beneath them to admit they need gamblers. So, like in Virginia, tracks will continue to close and the horsemen will continue to whine about it and refuse to admit that its closure was their fault. If the horsemen do want more Virginias, fix the sport. You know what needs to be done. There have more than a hundred threads on this site outlining what needs to be done. It is now a matter of the willpower needed to do it. But I do not expect it to be done. It is easier to find excuses and blame everybody but the face in the mirror.

Correct...

taxicab
08-16-2015, 03:05 AM
They don't allow ADWs to operate in their state, no doubt to protect the unwitting residents from the gambling disease, yet I'm sure lotteries, run by the very protectors of morals and all other good things, are shoved down your throats relentlessly.

Government always has the answer.

Sad.....but true.

ctownraces@bp
08-16-2015, 09:33 AM
If they give Jeff Jacobs a one day meet there out of there mind. He already took the ball and left. I think the 1 day meet is an effort just to throw another monkey wrench in this cluster flock.

I live about 45 mins. from the Martinsville otb it was my 2nd home and boy I miss it.