PDA

View Full Version : R9 Saratoga 9F Alaydar

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 12:26 PM
I'll be honest, my favorite horse on the planet today is running, and I obviously want him to run big.

But I have to put that aside 'capping this fantastic non-graded stakes race that has a G2 field reality.

:1: Bay of Plenty: Was a no factor in the Met Mile, but if he can get the lead in here, he can be dangerous.

:2: Noble Moon: Dead chalk last out and still couldn't win. Pass.

:3: Neck N' Neck: A horse always on the outside, but always competitive. Exotics is the reality.

:4: Empire Dreams: Has only ran against state-breds. Numbers are decent enough, but I have to pass.

:5: Golden Ticket: Really hard to see this one being even competitive. Maybe Lanerie and the layoff can spark some interest but I have to pass.

:6: Palace Malice: After my left nut wagers on the Derby and Belmont, I'll forever be a fan. Love this horse. I mean LOVE this horse. A pure monster when he is well. My love for this horse can't take the short odds he'll get coming back for a 2nd time. :(. Tough love I guess, but I'll be wagering against my most favorite horse in training and rooting for him to win. Damn what a crazy game we play.

:7: Souper Lucky: Fits. He has ran some monsters and doesn't finish off the board much. Underrated horse that can win this one today. A must include in any exotics and yes, win tickets.

:8: CJ's Awesome: McPeek is ice cold this meet as is Prado. He has trained lights out at Saratoga, so this is a tote board watch horse.

:9: Mexikoma: Handsomely rewarded last out at 7/1. This is an extremely talented colt that will be running back to back races within a couple of months for the first time in his life. Don't be shy of putting this one on top of any wager. A shot horse that I won't include, but scares the crap out of me.

:10: Dream Saturday: 1 for 1 at 'Toga in likely his best career race. Even if he repeats that effort it will not be good enough. Pass.

:11: Mylute: Hardest horse to figure, and then throw in Castellano and Pletcher. If playing exotics, I guess you have to include..

:12: Matrooh: Dead chalk in all 4 races in the states, and has won his last two. We get Irad and Brown with the connections, but a horrible post. With a record of 9-4-0-1, this is an all or nothing kind of horse. Tough to exclude, but I'm passing.

:7: Souper Lucky W
:1::7: Exacta Box
:1::7:/:1::7:/ALL Trifecta

Tor Ekman
08-09-2015, 12:40 PM
:2: Noble Moon: Dead chalk last out and still couldn't win. Pass.

Playing :2: W/P :)

BTW, I believe :12: has scratched

Ocala Mike
08-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Both Mike Beer and The Little Guy have :9: ; certain to kill the price, but I would probably bite at 5/1 or higher. Exacta box :6: :7: :9: .

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 01:21 PM
Playing :2: W/P :)

BTW, I believe :12: has scratched

Damn. The :12: was sure to take dead money. :mad:

outofthebox
08-09-2015, 04:00 PM
The :1: was eliminated leaving the gate in the Met. He's my speed play...

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 04:13 PM
TLG likes :9::5::3:

I swiftly crossed off the :9::5:

Tom
08-09-2015, 04:26 PM
I'm leery of his workout pattern since the comeback race - from May 10 until Jul 4, then, one every two weeks. Nice bullet last time, but still a ?

I like the :9: then the :7: then the :3:

tophatmert
08-09-2015, 05:46 PM
:3: at 18-1 will get a little of my money. Use 4,9,11. My history with Leparoux is not good but this horse should have something left late in the race. even under the :6: it is a 60 dollar exacta.

thaskalos
08-09-2015, 05:55 PM
I must say that I am astounded by the odds offered on the :7:

Tom
08-09-2015, 06:00 PM

Nice play! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 06:02 PM

Ran away and hid today. :ThmbUp:

Kash$
08-09-2015, 06:05 PM
How long before we read if AP was chasing BOP he wouldve finish off the board?

Palace Malice even money.. :lol: :lol:

outofthebox
08-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Thanks..Never thought he would be bet down to 3-1, but there are some sharp bettors out there.

Grits
08-09-2015, 06:30 PM
How long before we read if AP was chasing BOP he wouldve finish off the board?

How much longer is.. "he needed the race" as noted by Mike Joyce gonna be viable?

Really, how many more times is this excuse gonna float to the top? :faint:

Send him back to Aiken, where Cot lives. Let him be.

Nice win Outofthebox!

cj
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM
How much longer is.. "he needed the race" as noted by Mike Joyce gonna be viable?

Nice win Outofthebox!

Yeah, right, because we all know what a master Pletcher is at racing them into shape. Needed the race...I can't stop laughing.

thaskalos
08-09-2015, 06:36 PM

It would have been more profound if you made this comment BEFORE the race.

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 06:37 PM

Nice win Outofthebox!

PM needed this race.

Not sure how that is an "excuse" as much as it is a reality.

What excuses can we give the :9: and :5: that were in form and supposedly ready to roll in this race? :lol:

cj
08-09-2015, 06:47 PM
PM needed this race.

What excuses can we give the :9: and :5: that were in form and supposedly ready to roll in this race? :lol:

Like I said, when does Pletcher ever give horses a race? (FYI, been saying he is done for a LONG time, like since he lost at odds on in the Whitney 2014)

Kash$
08-09-2015, 06:49 PM
It would have been more profound if you made this comment BEFORE the race.

Last year before his Whitney i tweeted he would be off the board at 3/5...Hes crippled,,
Thought it was obivious since hes a Pletcher OLDER horse

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 06:51 PM
Like I said, when does Pletcher ever give horses a race? (FYI, been saying he is done for a LONG time, like since he lost at odds on in the Whitney 2014)

Most people have been saying he is done, you aren't shedding any incredible light on the subject.

However, I'll love PMs 8/1 odds next time out in a G2 race. If he ever races again obviously.

cj
08-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Most people have been saying he is done, you aren't shedding any incredible light on the subject.

However, I'll love PMs 8/1 odds next time out in a G2 race. If he ever races again obviously.

Yeah, I know it isn't new light, but it was last August. According to connections he was fine after that loss for a few weeks...then he wasn't.

Grits
08-09-2015, 06:59 PM
PM needed this race.

I don't know about your others, LDH, but Rich Perloff moved the chicklets on the Pace Projector, and put the :1: on top as his play. Wire to wire smart move. ;)

PM should've never come out of retirement. Earlier today, it was Moreno sailing into the sunset. By tomorrow at nightfall, Cot will make the right decision and take his horse back home.

You have way, way too much confidence in TAP's rehab skills. Don't let it lead you to ruin. :lol:

Lemon Drop Husker
08-09-2015, 07:34 PM
I don't know about your others, LDH, but Rich Perloff moved the chicklets on the Pace Projector, and put the :1: on top as his play. Wire to wire smart move. ;)

PM should've never come out of retirement. Earlier today, it was Moreno sailing into the sunset. By tomorrow at nightfall, Cot will make the right decision and take his horse back home.

You have way, way too much confidence in TAP's rehab skills. Don't let it lead you to ruin. :lol:

Hmmm...

I didn't pick a 1/1 PM to hit the board. Where exactly did I comment anywhere on Pletcher's rehab skills?

In fact, my exact comment on the :1: was:

:1: Bay of Plenty: Was a no factor in the Met Mile, but if he can get the lead in here, he can be dangerous.

Who I also included in my Exacta.

All I know, is that there is a certain faction that believe he sucks as a trainer for 3YOs and horses in general and puts a number into the grave or early retirement.

Not sure I believe all that BS, but I'm not one to really comment on it one way or other. To each their own.

Has Upstart finished in the Kentucky Derby yet?

Broad Brush
08-09-2015, 08:01 PM
I am a huge fan of "Malice" so I am really hoping he needed this one.
He has only had one 6F race in the last year.

If he does not win anything significant it is also really bad for racing.

It shows other owners that the right thing to do is to always retire
as soon as you can.

Come on Malice--you can do it!!!

Grits
08-09-2015, 08:13 PM
Hmmm...

I didn't pick a 1/1 PM to hit the board. Where exactly did I comment anywhere on Pletcher's rehab skills?

In fact, my exact comment on the :1: was:

Who I also included in my Exacta.

All I know, is that there is a certain faction that believe he sucks as a trainer for 3YOs and horses in general and puts a number into the grave or early retirement.

Not sure I believe all that BS, but I'm not one to really comment on it one way or other. To each their own.

Has Upstart finished in the Kentucky Derby yet?

All I know is this. You quoted me, first, here. I responded. If you cannot handle that others have their own thoughts (on a horse and trainer) and may not always agree with you? You're spending your time unwisely; maybe you need to change that.

I'm sorry you didn't cash your win bet or your exacta. You'll get 'em next time. You're a fine handicapper. :ThmbUp:

One other note. I wouldn't have bet last year's 1 for 9 with my housekeeper's money. :lol:

Appy
08-09-2015, 10:17 PM
Thought sure we'd be reading CJ had a month's salary on the :8:
:)

Thebigguy
08-10-2015, 03:44 AM
PM needed this race.

Your pretty pathetic. Bashing TLG, then keeping it going with this shit about excuses. Then talking about how a Todd horse needs a race?? CJ is 100% correct Todd's horses never need a race. They fire off of any and all layoffs.

Tom
08-10-2015, 07:21 AM
PM needs a race alright - like the 8th at Finger Lakes. :rolleyes:

raybo
08-10-2015, 02:21 PM
PM was off poorly, laid back early under a patient ride, but wide throughout losing ground. Started his move a bit early in the turn (no choice as he was so far back at that point), closed some ground, but came up short. After watching the video a couple of times, it seemed apparent that either he was too far back early and had to start his run too early, or he simply was not ready to run his race. No excuses really, just didn't have it. Can't blame it on the pace either as it was solid but not extreme, and he was well off it anyway.

I've never been a PM fan, and have never really been too impressed with him, other than he was game much of his career. I've never placed a win bet on him either, but always used him underneath.

As for Pletcher, I have no comments other than he is good enough to train G1 horses. I will not get into the conjecture others have about "Pletcherized". I have no opinion.

I don't know if that race will bring PM back to form, but if he runs again soon, and does not show his old form, likely he gets retired, if not before he runs again.