PDA

View Full Version : Harness Software - 2 Questions

sq764
06-04-2004, 09:43 PM
1) Has anyone ever used any useful harness software?

2) Has anyone ever used (or still have) ADPA (Focus) harness software?

Zaf
06-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Aside from Trackmaster, I have never seen any other harness software.

ZAFONIC

trying2win
06-05-2004, 12:28 AM
SQ,

The key word in your sentence is "useful".

--I've tried two different harness handicapping software programs that use the TRACKMASTER data files.

--One of them was SELECTWIN. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 3. I wouldn't recommend it.

--The other one was the HARNESS DIAMOND. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 4 for the AUTOMATIC selection feature and the usefulness of the picks. I really haven't tried the pick-your-own paceline feature of this program to any great degree yet, so I can't really rate that feature yet. It's kind of time-consuming to pick your own pacelines, but it may yield better results than the automatic picks feature.

--I've never tried ADPA harness handicapping software. If I'm not mistaken, I think this software uses data file downloads to generate picks.

--I've never used DUOPIX handicapping software either for obtaining harness racing picks. So can't comment on the usefulness of this program either. This program, I believe uses the TRACKMASTER data files.

--As for a manual-entry data software such as the JFG Harness Handicapping Software, I've never tried that one either. I see they've got a online trial version of this one. Only problem is, I suspect it's too time-consuming to enter all the data required. If this program was long-term profitable, the time spent entering the data might be worth it.

T2W

trying2win
06-05-2004, 02:27 AM
SQ,

I should correct one of my statements in a previous post regarding the HARNESS DIAMOND. I should have stated one part as..."On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd rate it a 4 for the AUTOMATIC PACELINE selection feature and the usefulness of the picks."

T2W

sq764
06-05-2004, 07:53 AM
Well, the reason I ask is I have been toying with ADPA Focus 2000 and it's actully a very interesting program.. Out of the box, it may not seem useful, but you can cater it to what you want and what you want to 'focus' on.

I would like to do the same for harness.

I have my own half-way automated system, but I need some programming help to get the rest of the way there.. I haven't had a good samaritan willing to automate it for me (well one that would do it for a small fee, rather than a ridiculous one)..

Until then..

JoeG
06-05-2004, 08:30 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, software I've used:

ADPA: 3
This software has OK numbers but I never could use it to make a profit. Also the copy protection I had problems with during the upgrade and received poor technical support in getting it fixed (never worked)

Selectwin: 1
Again this software never even came close to it hype in selecting winners. A useless number for me.

JFG Handicpper: 4
Decent product but MANUAL entry a big problem. Better ratings number but a big pain to enter the data. To the creator....ever here of trackmaster files?

ASH Software: 7
The best ratings number that uses trackmaster files. Its geared toward hitting longshots and I still have trouble figuring out how it rates some of the horses it does on top. Has a positive ROI betting any of the top 3 horses that goes off at 15/1 or greater. Using the top pick straight has a 1% loss flat bet. Not bad.

sq764
06-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Never heard of ASH..

I use the trackmaster data files for my figs too.. Very easy data to manipulate, I like it.

trying2win
06-05-2004, 02:23 PM
JoeG,

I'm assuming when you're talking about ASH software, that you're talking about AMERICAN STANDARDBRED HANDICAPPER software for harness racing. Is that right?

Thanks,

T2W

sq764
06-05-2004, 02:39 PM
Still no clue what that is

headhawg
06-10-2004, 11:12 AM
sq,

You've probably found this already, but here is a link to the ASH site:

http://www.kaminsky-enterprises.com/ash.html

If you buy it, let us know how you like it.

HH

sq764
06-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the link.. Not looking to buy, I am happy with my homegrown version..

I was just curious that I have never seen one that breaks down internal fractions very well.. It's such an underused edge in harness handicapping.