PDA

View Full Version : This little fella, batboy: Kaiser Carlile

Grits
08-05-2015, 06:13 PM
He deserves to be remembered, here, where all things sports are discussed. He loved what he was doing. He loved baseball so much.

He was just so little. He was no bigger than a minute. :(

"Rest in peace, little Kaiser. Godspeed. I know your mom and dad loved the ground you walked on." --dg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2015/08/03/batboy-death-kaiser-carlile-9-years-old-nbc-world-series

"He was competitive, but in the same breath, he cared about everyone," Chad Carlile said at a news conference. "That's what it is, it's the love that he had for the game."Kaiser died Sunday, a day after he was struck by the follow-through swing of a Liberal (Kan.) Bee Jays player warming up near the on-deck circle during a game. The death of a batboy touched a national nerve and Monday there was mourning in bandbox ballparks in Kansas and in major league ballparks across the country.

horses4courses
08-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Terrible tragedy :(

Dave Schwartz
08-05-2015, 08:37 PM
Horrible.

I really feel for the guy that swung the bat.

HuggingTheRail
08-07-2015, 11:21 PM
I have heard just enough info from the news clips to know I don't want to hear any more.... :(

mountainman
08-14-2015, 01:23 PM
What unfathomable pain those parents must now suffer. Everyday they will wake up to a reality far worse than any nightmare.

My son is 20, and even him expiring someday from natural causes-when I'm long gone from this life-is too sad to contemplate. The alternative stops my train. If I go first, for me, he lives forever, which is how it should be.