PDA

View Full Version : And Shared Belief...

Grits
08-05-2015, 10:21 AM
is still in rehab in Washington state.

Gentlemen, AP's gonna get a needed rest for a few days, not that it'll reduce the chatter elsewhere. I figure one can't speculate but so many days on Baffert's decision.

There are other horses. Still, these threads added may well be ignored. :lol:

However, I would like to see Shared Belief make it back to the racetrack. (Maybe Hollendorfer will talk with Dickinson. It worked for DaHoss.)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93388/shared-belief-still-healing-in-northwest

Continuing his recovery from a hip fracture at Pegasus Equine Rehabilitation and Training Center in Redmond, Wash., Shared Belief (http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/thoroughbred/shared-belief/2011?source=BHonline) still doesn't have a timetable for a return to racing, according to part owner and bloodstock agent Jason Litt.

cj
08-05-2015, 11:30 AM
He is a gelding, so if they can get him healthy he'll be back. I sure hope he makes it.

Rex Phinney
08-05-2015, 11:48 PM
Best racehorse in the world. Too bad he has never gotten the chance to really show it.

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 01:29 AM
Best racehorse in the world. Too bad he has never gotten the chance to really show it.

I'm an east coast guy and bet against this horse in his first few wins but every time he ran, ALL I KEPT THINKING IS WOW.

This is a horse that I would put up against ANYONE. I wish he was healthy and ready to fight AP Mano a Mano.

I hope he can come back and be the same horse post injury. What a talent.

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 08:26 AM
I view SB more as a SoCal freak rather than an all around top horse as it was proven in last year's BCC...

Most likely his best days belong to his past and he will never again find himself in the winner's cycle while facing the best. If he ever comes back and wins again, it will be at a south Cal track against local competition and nothing more..

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 08:51 AM
I view SB more as a SoCal freak rather than an all around top horse as it was proven in last year's BCC...

Most likely his best days belong to his past and he will never again find himself in the winner's cycle while facing the best. If he ever comes back and wins again, it will be at a south Cal track against local competition and nothing more..

I'm not rooting for this.......... but if AP draws post 6 in the Travers and AP gets NYRA box car smashed at the gate like SB did , loses position against a slow pace with no flow and loses can I also then say that AP was proven to be a fake in the Travers? :) being funny.....but being serious.

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 08:59 AM
I'm not rooting for this.......... but if AP draws post 6 in the Travers and AP gets NYRA box car smashed at the gate like SB did , loses position against a slow pace with no flow and loses can I also then say that AP was proven to be a fake in the Travers? :) being funny.....but being serious.

Excuses do not get you there Emd.. It simply is what it is..

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 09:10 AM
Excuses do not get you there Emd.. It simply is what it is..

Based upon your response, I do hope AP runs in an 11 or 12 horse field, gets smashed at the gate, loses all position, gets in traffic on a speed favoring track and runs a non threatening 4th.

I want to see what you'll say if that happens :D

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 09:21 AM
Based upon your response, I do hope AP runs in an 11 or 12 horse field, gets smashed at the gate, loses all position, gets in traffic on a speed favoring track and runs a non threatening 4th.

I want to see what you'll say if that happens :D

Superior horses should be able to overcome trouble and defeat their competition... SB's trouble in the BCC is greatly overestimated..

Here you can see two races, whose winners had real trouble (way more that what SB had) which did not stopped them from winning..

4xhrOk7jjTI

QUUdR0fXCNo

castaway01
08-06-2015, 10:33 AM
is still in rehab in Washington state.

Gentlemen, AP's gonna get a needed rest for a few days, not that it'll reduce the chatter elsewhere. I figure one can't speculate but so many days on Baffert's decision.

There are other horses. Still, these threads added may well be ignored. :lol:

However, I would like to see Shared Belief make it back to the racetrack. (Maybe Hollendorfer will talk with Dickinson. It worked for DaHoss.)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93388/shared-belief-still-healing-in-northwest

Funny how you posted this and then it turned into an American Pharoah thread anyway.

Grits
08-06-2015, 10:49 AM
Funny how you posted this and then it turned into an American Pharoah thread anyway.

I know, and that's unfortunate given SB is an awesome racehorse that many folks truly hope to see again!

Delta Lover, though, wants to turn every thread here into a platform for his opinion of American Pharoah. .... The only horse in racing. :faint:

Rex Phinney
08-06-2015, 10:50 AM
Are we just forgetting that the Awesome Again ever happened in 2014?

The time when Baffert sent out the firing squad and went Tonya Harding status on Shared Belief? This horse has won races with more adversity than any other present day runner.

Delta what does that mean "he is a SoCal freak?". Maybe you can explain what you mean because it sounds like you are saying he is only good in SoCal and that the racing there isn't good enough.

And FWIW AP has never faced a single ounce of adversity in any of his races unles you want to count firing line testing him down the stretch of the derby (even then firing line never changed leads)

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 11:02 AM
I know, and that's unfortunate given SB is an awesome racehorse that many folks truly hope to see again!

Delta Lover, though, wants to turn every thread here into a platform for his opinion of American Pharoah. .... The only horse in racing. :faint:

Can you please show me, one of my postings in this thread where I am mentioning AP?

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 11:06 AM
Delta what does that mean "he is a SoCal freak?". Maybe you can explain what you mean because it sounds like you are saying he is only good in SoCal and that the racing there isn't good enough.

I do not try to imply that racing in South Cal is not good enough but that SB is way better when running in its tracks while he has not provide sufficient proof that he is equally effective as a shipper. (See also Rail Trip and Zenyatta)..

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 11:08 AM
And FWIW AP has never faced a single ounce of adversity in any of his races

Correct and most likely the same scenario will be repeated in his next races. Great horses have the ability to make it easy...

cj
08-06-2015, 11:10 AM

It was EMD4ME, not Delta. I can delete that stuff if you like, just say the word.

Grits
08-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Can you please show me, one of my postings in this thread where I am mentioning AP?

EMD is guilty... you're aiding and abetting.

Partners in crime, deal with it. ;)

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 11:12 AM

OK, only SB here please :p

Grits
08-06-2015, 11:19 AM
It was EMD4ME, not Delta. I can delete that stuff if you like, just say the word.

They got the hint. :lol:

Move along, gentlemen, move along; this one ain't about AP.

I love Shared Belief. Love everything about him. He should never have gone to Charles Town. Bush league. Like PARX.

cj
08-06-2015, 11:23 AM
I love Shared Belief. Love everything about him. He should never have gone to Charles Town. Bush league. Like PARX.

I couldn't agree more. I understood passing up Dubai, but to go to that place?

Rex Phinney
08-06-2015, 12:39 PM
I do not try to imply that racing in South Cal is not good enough but that SB is way better when running in its tracks while he has not provide sufficient proof that he is equally effective as a shipper. (See also Rail Trip and Zenyatta)..

Yeah I'm still not buying it.

Why not mention Tonalist? He may be the worst case of "local" talent we have seen in some time. But he doesn't race in Socal so noone ever mentions it.

Shared Belief ships for almost every race considering he trains at GG. As far as planes go he only tried it once and he got hurt. So how is he proven to not be a good shipper?

This horse won million dollar races at 10 furlongs on two different surfaces, and won a G1 at 7 furlongs in between. O yeah and he beat the 2014 HOTY (easily).

It still sounds like you are hating on him because he runs in SoCal, but I'll hope that's not the case.

Rex Phinney
08-06-2015, 12:41 PM

I feel like they wanted to race him for a big purse and maybe try shipping him, but that time of year is just kind of dead for the handicap division, so they picked out Charles Town.

Should have just waited for the Met Mile.

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 06:18 PM

I am guilty. But all I was trying to say was in my opinion, Shared Belief is a better horse than A.P., at least through A.P.'s body of work through 8/2/15.

Please forgive me :blush:

I will not compare the 2 again :)

DeltaLover
08-06-2015, 06:46 PM
Why not mention Tonalist? He may be the worst case of "local" talent we have seen in some time. But he doesn't race in Socal so noone ever mentions it.

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Excellent example... Tonalist is another example of a Belmont freak..

Grits
08-06-2015, 06:46 PM
I am guilty. But all I was trying to say was in my opinion, Shared Belief is a better horse than A.P., at least through A.P.'s body of work through 8/2/15.

Of course... ;)

cj
08-06-2015, 07:02 PM

Don't worry about it, faulty opinions are always welcome. I post them all the time.

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 07:10 PM
:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Excellent example... Tonalist is another example of a Belmont freak..

I would disagree. Tonalist ran the most deceptively better race in the Classic than all horses in that race.

Why?

The BCC was joke of a boat race. Anytime you 1 speed knock out the other speed at the gate and the main stalker in the race (SB) and you see 1 2 4 on the charts, (Winner came from 1st, 2nd finisher from 2nd, 3rd finisher from 4th) you know youre dealing with a boat race with zero flow. (top 3 ran stress free in the most important part of the race)

Watch the replay of the BCC, who is the only horsing rallying visually well in the last 1/2 mile? Tonalist. He was surging past everyone else one at a time. No one else made a move remotely close. The race did not collapse and there was decent closing time.

His Travers was an example of a jock being too eager. He was petrified of Bayern wiring the field and spent way too much energy early, created the flow for the top 2 who benefited from the pace and race flow. Think of it this way, it took Tonalist to play babysitter and press Bayern into death.

Jim Dandy-was a prep race following his 4-5 wide gut busting Belmont win. Ran a good 2nd.

GP-Jan 18 Won at GP- Last I checked, GP was not in NY.

GP-Feb 22- My notes on the track were as follows: Monster Monster Monster Insane Speed Bias. BTW, that winner, with the bias won the Florida Derby in his next start and has since won the Donn Handicap with a 111 Beyer.

Hardly the resume of a horse who is a blatant Belmont horse for the course.

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 07:12 PM
Don't worry about it, faulty opinions are always welcome. I post them all the time.

1) :lol: :lol: :lol: Humility is the key to being a loveable human!

2) I apologize in advance for defending Tonalist in the Shared Belief thread.

I'm done, I swear :)

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 07:14 PM
Yeah I'm still not buying it.

Shared Belief ships for almost every race considering he trains at GG. As far as planes go he only tried it once and he got hurt. So how is he proven to not be a good shipper?

This horse won million dollar races at 10 furlongs on two different surfaces, and won a G1 at 7 furlongs in between. O yeah and he beat the 2014 HOTY (easily).

It still sounds like you are hating on him because he runs in SoCal, but I'll hope that's not the case.

Shared Belief has had trips where I said "YEEEEEEAAAHHH the chalk is screwed today, I'm cashing on bombs". Only to watch him overcome and despite losing my action bets against, I say: "WOW" how impressive is this horse???? He was not supposed to win.

I am with you on this one. I am an east coast guy who could care less about Cali racing but Shared Belief is a special horse.

cj
08-06-2015, 07:27 PM
Shared Belief has had trips where I said "YEEEEEEAAAHHH the chalk is screwed today, I'm cashing on bombs". Only to watch him overcome and despite losing my action bets against, I say: "WOW" how impressive is this horse???? He was not supposed to win.

I am with you on this one. I am an east coast guy who could care less about Cali racing but Shared Belief is a special horse.

My wallet and I still can't believe he caught Fed Biz.

Grits
08-06-2015, 07:37 PM
MY BOY, SHARED BELIEF?

HE WAS ROBBED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMD4ME
08-06-2015, 07:38 PM
My wallet and I still can't believe he caught Fed Biz.

http://www.calracing.com/live-video/replays/

9/27/14 feels like it was yesterday...

Me too... I was screaming OFF THE BOARD INTO THE FAR TURN and by the 1/4 pole I found myself rooting for him.

As they hit the wire, my jaw dropped and all I could say was WOW.

5 wide plus around both turns BUT not just 5 wide, a super STRESSED OUT 5 wide. I don't really care much if a horse goes 2,3,4 wide if it is a stress free wide as the horse is just losing some ground AS OPPOSED to losing ground and poorly distributing energy.

It seemed as if he found a 12th gear/wind at the 3/8 and said YOU ARE NOT going to BEAT ME today. He visually accelerated at the 5/16 when he should have backed up.

This race was AWESOME.

whodoyoulike
08-06-2015, 08:06 PM

I never read anything for the reason of SB's fracture. He obviously had a fracture which became apparent from his exertion while running.

He didn't bump anything or anyone, did he?

Or, are you suggesting it was track related?

Btw, I don't think you're suggesting that's the case. The only way I see him not getting injured is if he never raced on that day.

Grits
08-06-2015, 08:34 PM
I never read anything for the reason of SB's fracture. He obviously had a fracture which became apparent from his exertion while running.

He didn't bump anything or anyone, did he?

Or, are you suggesting it was track related?

Btw, I don't think you're suggesting that's the case. The only way I see him not getting injured is if he never raced on that day.

No. Not that I recall at the time. As you remember he was pulled up abruptly.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91401/shared-belief-diagnosed-with-hip-fracture

.... This is a question regarding another.

Did anyone learn why Mike S. had the vet--declare a late scratch--Pletcher's Protonico on Sunday in the Monmouth Cup? Smith stated, "he's lame." Nothing further, to my knowledge, has been announced from the barn on his condition, though, I could surely be wrong.

sammy the sage
08-06-2015, 08:59 PM
No. Not that I recall at the time. As you remember he was pulled up abruptly.

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/91401/shared-belief-diagnosed-with-hip-fracture

.... This is a question regarding another.

Did anyone learn why Mike S. had the vet--declare a late scratch--Pletcher's Protonico on Sunday in the Monmouth Cup? Smith stated, "he's lame." Nothing further, to my knowledge, has been announced from the barn on his condition, though, I could surely be wrong.

good....he learned his lesson from the "life at Ten" fiasco on bc day...or maybe he didn't...props to Mike for doing THE RIGHT thing...probably shoulda never been on the card...

bks
08-07-2015, 09:33 AM

Please. A horse who absolutely jogged in her two tries at G1s at Oaklawn, and then shipped to CD and lost the BC Classic by a head is not "equally effective."

Pure anti-CA bias. Shared Belief, a CA horse, was miles the best older horse when he got injured.

DeltaLover
08-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Shared Belief has run really well on both dirt and synthetic and against the best horses available. Why should we think he can't ship, needs "his" track, or hasn't face stiff enough competition.

(1) When he faced the best horses of his generation he lost.

(2) I will be convinced that he can ship well, only when I will see him beating the top horses outside of California (I really doubt this will even happen though)

Rex Phinney
08-07-2015, 05:41 PM
(1) When he faced the best horses of his generation he lost.

(2) I will be convinced that he can ship well, only when I will see him beating the top horses outside of California (I really doubt this will even happen though)

He clearly did not get a fair shake in the classic, it's too bad you refuse to believe that.

When he got hurt he was the best horse in training. He won the Pacific Classic (off on 8 hour ship BTW) and Awesome Again while still not at his best. He physically grew by the time he ran in the San Antonio, he was 100 pounds heavier than he had ever raced before in the San Antonio and the Big Cap. This was the time he had finally hit his peak.

I'm curious who outside of AP would you consider better than him? He beat Toast of NY and Chrome in races outside the BCC.

Grits
08-08-2015, 02:00 PM

Remember asking me this a couple of mornings ago? Maybe you're away.

Excluding Rex P's post #46, beginning with post 36, three pages of add-on brought another @#$% storm about the only mare that has ever stepped on a racetrack. It wasn't meant for her. She's been discussed, here, ad nauseum. These boys should've done a search, and tacked on to one of the priors. ... This is hijacking on steroids.

The thread was added, in hopes of being able to keep up with Shared Belief's recovery.

Rex Phinney
08-08-2015, 02:07 PM

Excluding Rex P's post #46, beginning with post 36, three pages of add-on brought another @#$% storm about the only mare that has ever stepped on a racetrack. It wasn't meant for her. She's been discussed, here, ad nauseum. These boys should've done a search, and tacked on to one of the priors. ... This is hijacking on steroids.

The thread was added, in hopes of being able to keep up with Shared Belief's recovery.

I'm just standing over here in the corner like "maybe I'm the only one who still remembers Shared Belief in this thread?" LOL

cj
08-08-2015, 06:39 PM

Sorry, I was away. I'll leave this one to PA.

horses4courses
09-21-2015, 10:04 PM
He is officially back in training per Jim Rome

Shared Belief retweeted
Jim Rome ‏@jimrome 6h6 hours ago
Shared Belief is officially back in training! Slow and easy even if he just wants to go! #TeamSharedBelief

0NYtXkg-NaE

Rex Phinney
09-22-2015, 01:08 AM
So excited to see that

classhandicapper
09-22-2015, 09:16 AM
This is great news, but it sure would have been nice if it could have happened soon enough to get him back for the Classic.

Wickel
09-22-2015, 11:22 AM
Awesome! The champ is back.

Secondbest
09-22-2015, 12:25 PM
Awesome! The champ is back.
Lets hope

whodoyoulike
09-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Watched the entire vid. Thanks for the update. That looked painful I had a lot of empathy as he went around the track. I hope they don't rush him. Displayed why I considered him a champion race horse. You can tell he wanted to go but there was pain.