PDA

View Full Version : Another dumb sex offender ruling

zico20
08-04-2015, 10:45 PM
A 19 guy meets a girl on the internet. She says she is 17, turns out to be 14. They have sex. He has to register as a sex offender. Here is the screwed up part. He can't live at home with his parents because he has a 15 year old brother. Really! Does common sense even exist anymore in the courtroom anymore.

http://wreg.com/2015/08/04/how-dating-app-hookup-landed-teen-on-sex-offender-registry/

NorCalGreg
08-04-2015, 11:05 PM
A 19 guy meets a girl on the internet. She says she is 17, turns out to be 14. They have sex. He has to register as a sex offender. Here is the screwed up part. He can't live at home with his parents because he has a 15 year old brother. Really! Does common sense even exist anymore in the courtroom anymore.

http://wreg.com/2015/08/04/how-dating-app-hookup-landed-teen-on-sex-offender-registry/

I'm not sure what's more disturbing---that news, or the news in general from that Memphis News Website. Good Lord what a wasteland Memphis has become. Now lemme get off this thread before the "regulators" show up and blame Memphis' sorry condition on me.

dartman51
08-05-2015, 11:32 AM
I'm not sure what's more disturbing---that news, or the news in general from that Memphis News Website. Good Lord what a wasteland Memphis has become. Now lemme get off this thread before the "regulators" show up and blame Memphis' sorry condition on me.

Since 1991, Memphis has been run by Democrats. Look at any major city, that has SERIOUS problems, whether it be economics or crime, or both. You will find that the majority have been run by Dems for many years. That is not to say you can't have a good Democrat Mayor. We had a VERY good one in Nashville, named Phil Bredesen. He later became Gov. of TN. If he had run for President, I would have voted for him. He is a Democrat, NOT a Liberal. :ThmbUp:

Tom
08-05-2015, 11:52 AM
It is crap like this that allows REAL perverts to operate - so many resources being used to accomplish nothing.

All so some idiot can pretend has accomplished something.

TJDave
08-05-2015, 12:10 PM
Something's fishy. How do you 'hookup' with a fourteen-year-old? He had to have known something wasn't right. That, or that her parents were complicit or didn't give a damn.

Robert Goren
08-06-2015, 09:32 AM
I do not believe for one second that a 19 year old can not tell the difference between a 14 year old girl and a 17 year old one no matter how mature she looked. 14 year olds do act like 17 year olds.

Tom
08-06-2015, 10:11 AM
You need to get out more. :eek:

Inner Dirt
08-06-2015, 02:28 PM
I do not believe for one second that a 19 year old can not tell the difference between a 14 year old girl and a 17 year old one no matter how mature she looked. 14 year olds do act like 17 year olds.

Seriously? Maybe it is global warming causing it (please detect sarcasm) but a lot of scientific studies show girls maturing faster than ever these days. Not every 14 year old girl has the body of a boy. I moved in with a
friend after a break-up when I was 22 over 30 years ago. I was
coming off shack up #3 and would not knowingly touch a 17 year old when I was 18. We lived on a large hill face in the mountains, a day after
I moved in the girl next door walked up her long stairway in a bathing suit
and waved at me while I was on the front deck lifting weights. To describe her accurately she had Brooke Shields face on Jayne Mansfield's body. I asked my friend Jim "Whose that?" He said her name is Laura and she just turned 15 last week. I was floored, I figured she was 19-20,
at worst 18. She acted pretty mature for her age got good grades and already had college plans and a career path. There are exceptions to the
rule. Due to her being a minor I just acted like her big brother the year or so I lived next door. There are 20 year old girls that look and act 14 and there is the opposite of that.

Dave Schwartz
08-06-2015, 02:37 PM
InnerDirt,

Had a former BJ playing partner back in Las Vegas with a similar story, but different ending.

We were both 25 years old. He had an absolutely gorgeous girlfriend but their relationship was a little rocky. She was always complaining that he would never take her out. So, I got a comp for 2 one night to one of those high-end steakhouses and gave it to her.

She got all excited. He told me later, "Don't ever do that again. I don't want anyone to see us together. She's only 15!"

WHAT! I avoided them both like the plague after that.

Dave

Hoofless_Wonder
08-06-2015, 02:47 PM
Reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong record when they're interviewing the coach, and asking him about his "record". His response starts off something like,

"What? Whatcha bringin' up my record for? How the hell was I supposed to know she was only 13? Hell, she looked at least 16 to me....."

"Oh, oh. You mean my basketball record...."

PaceAdvantage
08-06-2015, 02:56 PM
Yeah, like there could never be a 14yo girl who can look 17 and vice-versa...

Come on Robert Goren...

boxcar
08-06-2015, 03:54 PM
You need to get out more. :eek:

Truly, the understatement of the decade! I mean what teenager in his or her right mind would not want to appear older than he/she is for a host of reasons? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dave Schwartz
08-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Reminds me of the old Cheech and Chong record when they're interviewing the coach, and asking him about his "record". His response starts off something like,

"What? Whatcha bringin' up my record for? How the hell was I supposed to know she was only 13? Hell, she looked at least 16 to me....."

"Oh, oh. You mean my basketball record...."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Robert Goren
08-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Yeah, like there could never be a 14yo girl who can look 17 and vice-versa...

Come on Robert Goren...They can look like older, but the gig is up as soon as they open their mouths. Never met a 14 year old who talked or acted a 17 year old. If there is any doubt that she might be jail bait, stay away. I ain't buying that the guy did know that she was younger than 17. When a football player here got in to trouble a few years ago over a 15 year old, somebody called a local radio talk show and said " When she crawled out of in a window in their parent's house, he should have figured it out"

TJDave
08-06-2015, 07:22 PM
" When she crawled out of in a window in their parent's house, he should have figured it out"

Fourteen-year-olds don't have a drivers license. Do you think he bothered to ask?

Tom
08-06-2015, 09:18 PM
Bobby......you HAVE to get out more!~ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wisconsin
08-06-2015, 09:58 PM
They can look like older, but the gig is up as soon as they open their mouths. Never met a 14 year old who talked or acted a 17 year old. If there is any doubt that she might be jail bait, stay away. I ain't buying that the guy did know that she was younger than 17. When a football player here got in to trouble a few years ago over a 15 year old, somebody called a local radio talk show and said " When she crawled out of in a window in their parent's house, he should have figured it out"

Wow. This is the era of reality TV and the Internet. You, sir, have no clue who or what a 14 year old knows and can replicate. Tracy Lords anyone? Ok, she was a lot older, 16 :bang:

Robert Fischer
08-06-2015, 10:10 PM
Have to do your due diligence.

Saying "she said she was 17 online" doesn't cut it.

I have no idea if this guy was duped, or not. Trending stories aren't always accurate.

PaceAdvantage
08-10-2015, 03:59 PM
I think a 19-year-old can totally convince himself some potential hookup is 17, assuming the thought that she might not be "legal" even crossed his mind.

Come on, we're talking about a 19yo. Not some 35yo married father of two or some 55yo total perv.

I'm not saying what this kid did was ok, but let's face it, he's still basically a dumb kid himself.

And keep in mind I have literally read NOTHING about this case other than this thread, so I could be missing some very important facts that make this reply of mine completely off base... :lol:

zico20
08-29-2015, 12:15 PM
Here is another story about a young guy, a senior in high school, who had sex with a freshman girl. This story was all over the television. He could get 11 years in jail. I guess this made news since it happened at one of the most prestige schools in the country.

Want to talk about a double standard. Why did the 48 year old former NFL cheerleader who gave oral sex to a 15 year boy get off with barely a slap on the wrist and this kid could go to jail for over a decade.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PREP_SCHOOL_RAPE_TRIAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-28-21-35-34

Dave Schwartz
08-29-2015, 02:03 PM
Zico,

Not sure I agree with you on this one.

He's a rich-kid preppy in an environment where it is considered a rite-of-passage to lure under-age girls up to the roof and have sex with them by any means.

IMHO, he is a predator and deserves to be a registered sex offender.

thaskalos
08-29-2015, 02:14 PM
Want to talk about a double standard. Why did the 48 year old former NFL cheerleader who gave oral sex to a 15 year boy get off with barely a slap on the wrist and this kid could go to jail for over a decade.

Because the court recognised the "educational value" of the cheerleader's actions.

DRIVEWAY
08-29-2015, 02:43 PM
Here is another story about a young guy, a senior in high school, who had sex with a freshman girl. This story was all over the television. He could get 11 years in jail. I guess this made news since it happened at one of the most prestige schools in the country.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_PREP_SCHOOL_RAPE_TRIAL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2015-08-28-21-35-34

It made news because this was a contest.

zico20
09-05-2015, 09:32 PM
These stories just keep getting better and better. Two 16 year olds, boyfriend and girlfriend, are charged with felonies for sending nude pictures to each other through their cell phones. North Carolina law says 16 is an adult. He may have to register as a sex offender also. She plea bargained.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/04/nc-high-school-gridder-faces-felony-charges-over-terrible-sexting-law/?intcmp=hpbt3

LottaKash
09-05-2015, 09:43 PM
These stories just keep getting better and better. Two 16 year olds, boyfriend and girlfriend, are charged with felonies for sending nude pictures to each other through their cell phones. North Carolina law says 16 is an adult. He may have to register as a sex offender also. She plea bargained.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/04/nc-high-school-gridder-faces-felony-charges-over-terrible-sexting-law/?intcmp=hpbt3

They each should have sent them from the "opposite sex" bathrooms...That would be OK, right ?... :cool:

Tom
09-05-2015, 10:58 PM
He's a rich-kid preppy in an environment where it is considered a rite-of-passage to lure under-age girls up to the roof and have sex with them by any means.

Speaking of sex on the roof, Batman and Superman were talking in a bar one day, and Batman ask if anything really weird ever happened to the Man of Steel.

"I was flying on patrol over Metropolis one day, and I looked down at one rooftop, and there was Wonder Woman, lying on the roof, sun bathing in the nude, rockin' out to the radio. I couldn't help myself, I swooped down and landed right on top of her!"

"I bet she was surprised!" remarked the Batman.

"Not half as surprised as the Invisible Man was!"

zico20
09-12-2015, 06:48 PM

Update. A judge has removed him from the Michigan sex offender list. At least one judge has some common sense.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/09/12/judge-to-remove-indiana-man-from-michigan-sex-offender-registry/?intcmp=hplnws

zico20
09-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Because the court recognised the "educational value" of the cheerleader's actions.

I guess this court also recognized the educational value. It is just amazing how women don't get jail time for having sex with underage kids or students.

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/woman-has-intercourse-with-student-and-gets/

TJDave
09-28-2015, 11:51 PM
I guess this court also recognized the educational value. It is just amazing how women don't get jail time for having sex with underage kids or students.

Ok, I don't know how old you are but back when I was in school all the teachers looked like this:

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsH/25674.gif

Maximillion
09-29-2015, 12:25 AM

It think it largely depends on where you were brought up.
I would guess that there are even sections in Nebraska where 13/14 yos are more street smart and know a lot more about life in general than a lot of 18/19 year olds raised in a different environment.