PDA

View Full Version : Delaware Camera ???

EMD4ME
08-03-2015, 01:52 PM
What a brutal second race.

Horses were running in the early part of the far turn. The camera all of a sudden is placed behind a pilar and we watch the pillar for 10 seconds (HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THERES A PILLAR IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA???)

I see the 11 wins the race, the camera shows the 1 for a MINUTE. They put the 11 up as the winner and the camera is still zoomed on the 1.

Forget Kent...is the camera team at Delaware DRUNK?

NorCalGreg
08-03-2015, 05:08 PM
What a brutal second race.

Horses were running in the early part of the far turn. The camera all of a sudden is placed behind a pilar and we watch the pillar for 10 seconds (HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THERES A PILLAR IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA???)

I see the 11 wins the race, the camera shows the 1 for a MINUTE. They put the 11 up as the winner and the camera is still zoomed on the 1.

Forget Kent...is the camera team at Delaware DRUNK?

They did take a long look at that pillar.....then it was as if the cameraman was under the impression the :1: was the winner. LOL maybe he was still hungover from the weekend. Been there many times.

EMD4ME
08-03-2015, 05:15 PM
They did take a long look at that pillar.....then it was as if the cameraman was under the impression the :1: was the winner. LOL maybe he was still hungover from the weekend. Been there many times.

Nothing more frustrating then rooting against a 3/5, watching him struggle, then take a long look at the pillar :lol: :lol: :lol: , see the 1 come up the rail. Ya think you have him with the 11 and then watch the camera man zoom in on the loser for an hour!

To top it off, he stays on the 1 as the 11 is announced the winner.

Tom said it best: The only thing consistent in horse racing is INCOMPETENCE LOL

wisconsin
08-03-2015, 06:03 PM
Look, when John Curran said the :4: carried the :11: out on the turn, the cameraman was obliged to swing the camera wide so we could see it. Whoopsie, obstructed view there.

That was goofy for sure, maybe he got an untimely hamstring cramp or something...

Showing the :1: after the race for 5 minutes, now, that one boggles my mind even

therussmeister
08-03-2015, 10:40 PM
Surely you got to know the cameraman was not at fault in either instance. They do not decide where to set up their cameras, and they do not decide which horse to follow after the race, there is someone whispering in their ear. In fact, there are likely two cameras. One focused on each of the horses in the photo, with someone in a booth somewhere making the decision which feed to show.

EMD4ME
08-04-2015, 12:00 AM
Surely you got to know the cameraman was not at fault in either instance. They do not decide where to set up their cameras, and they do not decide which horse to follow after the race, there is someone whispering in their ear. In fact, there are likely two cameras. One focused on each of the horses in the photo, with someone in a booth somewhere making the decision which feed to show.

So this is the first time that someone (maybe not the camera person but someone) placed a camera for a race at Del?

It was not the first race of the day. :bang: I could understand (1% of me :lol: ) if it was.

Whoever whispered should not be allowed to do the whispering. The 11 was already posted and the camera person was still showing the 1.

Heck, I am not perfect but that is ridiculous.