PDA

View Full Version : Del Mar 6th Wager and Contest Pick

NorCalGreg
08-02-2015, 03:08 PM
This race is looking pretty good to me. With the scratch of the "Also" :12: DERBY GLASS, that leaves only 2 horses left to fight it out IMO-- :10: FOLLOW ME CREV 6-1ML and :11: COMMANDER KING 6-ML. The :10: shows an even finish, blinkers on, improving bris, top prime, claimed twice (last for $50K), blowout w/o week ago, and drops out of the Los Al G-2Derby.

The :11: shows declining Bris numbers, is in for his 4th try at this level, shows some previous monster pace numbers, you probably won't get the 6-1 on this one.

I'll take the 10 FOLLOW ME CREV $20 win--@ the window & the DM contest + a $5 exacta box :10: / :11: and we'll see what happens--Good Luck All :)

ebcorde
08-02-2015, 03:24 PM
This race is looking pretty good to me. With the scratch of the "Also" :12: DERBY GLASS, that leaves only 2 horses left to fight it out IMO-- :10: FOLLOW ME CREV 6-1ML and :11: COMMANDER KING 6-ML. The :10: shows an even finish, blinkers on, improving bris, top prime, claimed twice (last for $50K), blowout w/o week ago, and drops out of the Los Al G-2Derby.

The :11: shows declining Bris numbers, is in for his 4th try at this level, shows some previous monster pace numbers, you probably won't get the 6-1 on this one.

I'll take the 10 FOLLOW ME CREV $20 win--@ the window & the DM contest + a $5 exacta box :10: / :11: and we'll see what happens--Good Luck All :)

on a quick glance you picked a very hard race and I will see what happens
Race 2 I like the 3 and 7 for value plays

NorCalGreg
08-02-2015, 04:45 PM

LOL the 2nd race looks hard to me. What's up with the ML Maker @ Del Mar? There's always a couple short price horses....couple longshots....and everyone else is 6-1. Think it's the same guy that sells programs on the way in, works at the snack bar during the day, and sweeps up after the last race. :D

ebcorde
08-02-2015, 05:39 PM
50 cent late pick 4 and I hit a 50 cent late pick 4 last weekend also for $9

Other than those 2 hits I'm ZILCH there. I really can't hit that track, On the Pick 4 yesterday, I singled a solid hunch horse than went with 3-4 horses in two leags and 1 solid favorite. That works best for me. Yesterday my hunch was Baffert's #4 $350k auction sales horse , solid works for a FTS. Then Beholder. Then I stayed away from Horse with big drops and deep late closers to get the 2 and 8.

But I have been getting a feel for it I think, Lot's of claiming races and I've noticed the closers are nowhere. For me a closer is bottom 70% at first call. Race 1 only had 3 closers , too many Horses. to be effective.

I also noticed big drop Horses don't do well there I THIS MEET in Claiming races. YET I still played the #10 dumb me, Have to remember that before I bet

NorCalGreg
08-02-2015, 05:42 PM

You nailed that :3: in the 2nd---nice :ThmbUp:

ebcorde
08-02-2015, 06:08 PM
You nailed that :3: in the 2nd---nice :ThmbUp:

I'm going to apply the same theory in Race 4 with the 4 at 8-1. I tihnk the 8 will be fav. The wld card is the 7 purchased for 625k and drops into a maiden claimer. Owned by Micheal tabor. all the horses are slow out the gate

kdavis7837
08-02-2015, 07:05 PM
Race 5, #5 could be anykind, improving, 2nd off long layoff ,unusual work Jul 28th for Belvoir
would not surprise me at 18 to 1 or so

Tee
08-02-2015, 07:38 PM
:2: Silver Torch