PDA

View Full Version : Crossroads

PhantomOnTour
08-02-2015, 12:31 AM
Everyone finds themselves here a few times in their lives.

A week into the Saratoga meeting and I haven't even finished my Belmont figures. Barely even made a bet this meet so far...maybe 5 plays.
No numbers for Parx and Monmouth past the end of June.

It's funny how a man grows.

ReplayRandall
08-02-2015, 12:41 AM
Everyone finds themselves here a few times in their lives.

A week into the Saratoga meeting and I haven't even finished my Belmont figures. Barely even made a bet this meet so far...maybe 5 plays.
No numbers for Parx and Monmouth past the end of June.

It's funny how a man grows.

You, and the good people of Lafayette, are still in the thoughts and prayers of many here at PA and beyond......Take care and know that God has your back at the Crossroads you're dealing with now, and in the future... ;)

proximity
08-02-2015, 12:53 AM
thought of you the other day phantom when I tripped over this year's black eyed susan program when I got out of bed. :blush:

believe your figs nailed keen Pauline.... so don't grow too much. ;)

keep the faith. :)

prox

PhantomOnTour
08-02-2015, 10:55 AM
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you didn't ask for; and don't always like"

-Lemony Snicket

Tom
08-02-2015, 10:57 AM
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you didn't ask for; and don't always like"

-Lemony Snicket

But if you tip them well, you will get better service next time.
Have faith. ;)

PhantomOnTour
08-03-2015, 06:54 PM
Sorry to be so cryptic with my posts in this thread, but it's not an easy subject to talk about.
I am having issues with the two best women I know.
One who gave me life and one who gives me life.

My mother beat breast cancer about 20yrs ago and, well, guess what?
The issue with the other woman is more personal and I won't delve into it.

It has made me reassess things, and I must concentrate on more pressing and important issues than horse racing.

Thoreau said he left the woods for as good a reason as he came - perhaps he had more lives to lead and couldn't spare anymore time on this one.

Thanks for hearing me out, thanks for your concern and thanks for reading...sometimes just writing one's thoughts down can really help.

Grits
08-03-2015, 09:29 PM
Sorry to be so cryptic with my posts in this thread, but it's not an easy subject to talk about.

My mother beat breast cancer about 20yrs ago and, well, guess what?
The issue with the other woman is more personal and I won't delve into it.

It has made me reassess things, and I must concentrate on more pressing and important issues than horse racing.

Thoreau said he left the woods for as good a reason as he came - perhaps he had more lives to lead and couldn't spare anymore time on this one.

Phantom, whatever is troubling you, it can be made bearable. Too, it can be made better. It just may take time and much, if not all, of your attention and your strength.

I've found, that it is when we are pushed the hardest, when we are the most weary, the most consumed with concern, even fear--it is at this time that we do our best work. All that matters, comes clearly into view. And all that doesn't? Well, it can wait... <3

TJDave
08-04-2015, 01:12 AM

My mother is a blessed memory gone almost 40 years.

I just ended a relationship that I believed would last forever. I would give anything to change that. I urge you to fight hard as you can.

rastajenk
08-04-2015, 07:53 AM
Well, Phantom-man, I was going to toss some Robert Johnson words of wisdom your way; but the lyrics are hardly inspiring, so I'll pass on that. :)

Good luck. Racing will still be there when or if you're in a position to take it on again. You might even return with a whole new perspective. It happened to me.