PDA

View Full Version : Summer Scratches

Matt Bryan
08-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Ranting.

I had a positive year last year, which carried through this spring. Lately though, it's been a struggle. Summer. I'm mainly pissed about scratches. Typically, I look for fields with more than 6 or 7 horses for sake of profitability, and when I find one, half the horses end up scratching. Part of the frustration rests with the fact that I purchase PP's and/or products as soon as they're available. So, when 5 horses scratch in a race on race day, after I spent substantial time evaluating and/or handicapping days and nights before, it's a pisser. Take the Jim Dandy today...WTF? Mountaineer?? I mean, just shit. I said **** it at Mountaineer given so many scratches, and went lateral...then a 70-1 came in on leg 2 and blew my Pick-4. I don't know. Just ranting. A) I don't know if it pays to handicap before race day. B) Summer racing might suck. What's with all the scratches lately?

Tom
08-01-2015, 08:37 PM
It's enough to make you not bother.
Sore horses, trainers with no ability to train, purses too high....lower purses might make it worth while to run more often.

sammy the sage
08-01-2015, 09:41 PM
Sore horses, trainers with no ability to train, purses too high....lower purses might make it worth while to run more often.

that statement sir is KNOWN as conundrum or contradiction...reread it....not possible...like she SAID so famously in France..."let them eat cake"...

:D :lol: ;)