PDA

View Full Version : Jim Dandy scratched down to four starters

thespaah
08-01-2015, 06:08 PM
Terrible..
If a connection has no intention of running, why enter?
I also think there should be repercussions.
Such as a reduction in the purse and the race down graded by one grade.

Tom
08-01-2015, 06:12 PM
Another :sleeping: why bother race.
should lose it's graded status this year.

Even Belmont managed 5 horse stakes!

Tall One
08-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Tiny field, but a good finish none the less.

Grits
08-01-2015, 07:33 PM
It was really nice to see Texas Red, back, and winning. ;)

cj
08-01-2015, 07:37 PM
It was really nice to see Texas Red, back, and winning. ;)

Really liked his ability to stay close up today.

thespaah
08-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Tiny field, but a good finish none the less.
Yes it was....

Grits
08-01-2015, 07:56 PM

Yep. And, too, tell Larry his call was fantastic.. loved the stretch run.

It's so good when we get to see horses come back from an injury, especially a BC winner. Hope he and Frosted, both, come out of the race well and go in TRAVERS.

... But, if that horse running at the Jersey shore tomorrow comes to town? They're all running for second money.

raybo
08-01-2015, 10:00 PM

Yes, that was a pleasant surprise! I had the early portion being Japan with Frosted stalking, then Texas Red and Frammento trailing a few lengths. But, just as I thought Frosted would move up on Japan, Texas Red said, "Oh no you don't!". Don't know if Frosted just didn't want to run early or if the jock thought the other two might fight each other and tire late. Anyway, it didn't work as Texas Red looked "full of it" in the lane. Good finish by Frosted to make it a contest near the wire!

Robert Fischer
08-01-2015, 10:30 PM
For all the side comments about Desormeaux, he did eat Rosario's lunch (and seltzer water) going into the first turn.

Fun race to watch.

lamboguy
08-02-2015, 01:34 AM
FROSTED had a perfect outside trip in the Belmont and could not get by AMERICAN PHAROAH, same thing today. he will be a bet against next time too, even with all that ability he has underneath him, he seems to have a mental block

delsully
08-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Frosted had to check up at the top of the stretch, cost him the race. Rosario didn't do him any favors with the ride.

ILovetheInner
08-02-2015, 11:10 AM
Frosted is a good horse, but winning is just not his thing.

cj
08-02-2015, 11:58 AM
FROSTED had a perfect outside trip in the Belmont and could not get by AMERICAN PHAROAH, same thing today. he will be a bet against next time too, even with all that ability he has underneath him, he seems to have a mental block

I'm not sure being unable to get by American Pharoah really counts as a negative.