PDA

View Full Version : 7/31 Del Mar Race 7

Lemon Drop Husker
07-31-2015, 07:56 PM
Not the greatest card at Del Mar this evening, but I'm not gonna complain when we've only had 3 scratches thus far on the entire card.

Race 7 is the highlight of the evening with a 5 1/2 Furlong sprint for State Breds sponsored by CTBA for 2YO Fillies. (I also just got DQ'd into the winner in R1 on a questionable call from the Stewards. Again, i'm not gonna complain :).)

:1: Ibelievewewillwin: She has gotten the lead in both career races, but I'm having a hard time seeing her get the lead in here against these. 6/1 ML seems a bit low.

:2: Aiming Straight: She has recovered nicely since here disastrous first race and rolled wire to wire her last out. She is improving every race out and is a solid wildcard at a ML of 12/1.

:3: She's a Classic: Just a miserable outing in her last race so I can easily put a line through that one. Super Mario is having a solid meet at Del Mar thus far winning at a 27% clip. Could be a price in exotics, but the field size is concerning for this one.

:4: Baby Bea Scattin: Didn't have the greatest of trips in her lone race and win, but she was good enough to overcome. Like the breeding in here and the works have been solid since here win in May. Contender.

:5: My Palmilla: Solid first outing and she got the better of her rival :6: at first asking. Quick turnaround shows confidence but I'm just not sold on this one.

:6: Reckless Charm: Tough beat last out to the :5:, and Mike Smith returns as the mount. Things to like, but I will look to beat these two.

:7: Obey: Serious pace player in here as she rattled off fractions of :21 and 3 and :45 and 1 in her maiden debut win. Not real excited about the connections, but if she has the lead at 4Fs in a 5.5 furlong race she will obviously have a chance.

:8: Just Google Me: Bejarano is tearing it up as usual and gets this mount as opposed to Maldanado returning off of his 32/1 shot winner on her in her maiden debut as she closed from dead last. With an expected hot pace, this is an interesting closer at a 6/1 ML.

:9: Marquee Cat: Hard to see unless there is massive improvement. Could be a part of the early pace, but even that is questionable.

:10: Later My Love: Yes, she won her debut, but that was a rather pedestrian time as they crawled home in the final furlong of nearly :14 seconds. She will need to be in this thing early to have any chance.

:11: Sambamzajammin: In a field full of interesting names, this one gets the title for best. With that said, her last 2 are tough to look past as she just wasn't competitive as a solidly wagered upon entry. With this post position, and her obvious need the lead style, she is tough to like.

:2::3::4::7::8: is where I'm leaning, and I'll look to make tickets around these fillies.

:4::8: are my strongest leans, and hopefully I can get their ML prices, but it isn't likely.