PDA

View Full Version : Just switched to firefox and....

gillenr
07-31-2015, 03:44 PM
...now can't view videos on this site which i can with ie. Says add on needed.
Help & thanks.

wilderness
07-31-2015, 04:04 PM
FireFox plugins (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/)

see Photos, Music & Videos (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/extensions/photos-music-videos/) on left

gillenr
07-31-2015, 05:36 PM
Lot of choices. "ant" doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Robert Goren
08-01-2015, 08:50 AM
Lot of choices. "ant" doesn't work. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Switch back, as bad as IE is, everything else is worse unless you are a total computer geek. IE is built for normal users. Things like Firefox are built for geeks (and I use the term "geeks" as a good thing). Chrome tries to split the difference, but fails miserably in my opinion. I am waiting for windows 10 to try out its new browser.

barn32
08-01-2015, 09:42 AM
Help & thanks.I've been using FireFox for ten years, and I wouldn't touch IE with a ten-foot pole. I absolutely hate that browser.

Does it say which add-on is needed? I don't recall needing an add-on to view videos.

Most of the videos on this site are You-Tube. Can you go to YouTube.com and view videos there?

This should be a simple fix.

Robert Goren
08-01-2015, 10:49 AM
There are quite a few browser out there. I have always wondered about some of the lesser known ones like Slimbrowser. Has anyone tried any of them and what did you think of it?

Tom
08-01-2015, 11:38 AM
I think this site requires Flash?
I have Flash tuned off in Chrome, and cannot watch any videos on PA.
But if I go to YouTube, I can.

I just upgraded FF on a second machine and added the latest Flash player, and videos work on PA.

It is much easier to jut forget the computers and go watch TV - it has been user friendy for 50 years! :D

Clocker
08-01-2015, 11:43 AM
Help & thanks.

Click on the Menu icon (the 3 horizontal lines at the top right of the browser screen) and then on Add-ons. See if there is a Flash player installed, and if it is activated.

There was a problem using Shockwave Flash with Firefox, and for a while I believe the Firefox default was to turn Shockwave off. If you do have Shockwave, make sure that you have the latest version and that it is activated.

MOG4023
08-01-2015, 11:58 AM
You may have to grant permission every time. From what happened to me and what I read, FF is fed up with the program vulnerabilities and won't automatically accept it. So you may have to "allow" each time.

gillenr
08-01-2015, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tom & all. Somehow I lost Flash - put it back & OK!

cj
08-02-2015, 12:11 AM
Flash is going the way of the dinosaurs soon, and rightfully so.