PDA

View Full Version : More "protecting" and serving

Hank
07-29-2015, 11:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53UwlS0gjaw

Clocker
07-29-2015, 11:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53UwlS0gjaw

The shooter was a young campus cop, he screwed up big time, and he has been indicted for murder. He will likely pay dearly for this. It is a tragedy, but hundreds of tragedies happen everyday. So what is the point here?

horses4courses
07-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Looked like a heinous murder - no other way to describe the video.
Victim stopped for having no front license plate and wasn't resisting.

This crime is different - nobody can defend it for any reason.
The college cop should be brought to justice, but that's little
consolation to the victim's family. Very sad.

FantasticDan
07-30-2015, 12:24 AM
The reports filed by responding officers contained false information regarding events that led to the shooting:

http://gawker.com/video-of-sam-duboses-death-drastically-different-from-t-1720896658

thaskalos
07-30-2015, 02:23 AM
The shooter was a young campus cop, he screwed up big time, and he has been indicted for murder. He will likely pay dearly for this. It is a tragedy, but hundreds of tragedies happen everyday. So what is the point here?
You are the guy who recently started a thread telling us about former Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs' decision to accept a position at McDonald's; a thread of such significance and interest that it garnered a grand total of TWO responses. And this thread here is considered so unimportant by you, that you are asking "what the point is here"?

Unbelievable... :bang:

thaskalos
07-30-2015, 02:42 AM
http://gawker.com/video-of-sam-duboses-death-drastically-different-from-t-1720896658
Where do these rogue cops find all those "fellow officers", who are so quick to step forth and back-up the stories told in the falsified reports that the rogue cops turn in?

Clocker
07-30-2015, 03:01 AM
You are the guy who recently started a thread telling us about former Obama senior adviser Robert Gibbs' decision to accept a position at McDonald's; a thread of such significance and interest that it garnered a grand total of TWO responses. And this thread here is considered so unimportant by you, that you are asking "what the point is here"?

The thread about Gibbs was intended as political satire to show that there was little difference between pimping for Obama or for hamburgers. Apparently that went over a lot of heads. I shall try to avoid being so subtle in the future.

As to this thread, my take is that the OP implies that this isolated rogue incident has global implications about law enforcement in this country. If so, I strongly object. If wrong, I apologize.

TJDave
07-30-2015, 03:08 AM
Where do these rogue cops find all those "fellow officers", who are so quick to step forth and back-up the stories told in the falsified reports that the rogue cops turn in?

The same place the Patriot football team finds its supporters.

thaskalos
07-30-2015, 03:21 AM
The thread about Gibbs was intended as political satire to show that there was little difference between pimping for Obama or for hamburgers. Apparently that went over a lot of heads. I shall try to avoid being so subtle in the future.

As to this thread, my take is that the OP implies that this isolated rogue incident has global implications about law enforcement in this country. If so, I strongly object. If wrong, I apologize.

But instead of objecting about the "global implications concerning law enforcement in this country", which you assume are implied by the OP here...you chose to trivialize this tragic incident, by telling us that "This is a tragedy, but hundreds of tragedies happen every day".

Where do you see hundreds of tragedies of this type everyday?

tucker6
07-30-2015, 06:57 AM
But instead of objecting about the "global implications concerning law enforcement in this country", which you assume are implied by the OP here...you chose to trivialize this tragic incident, by telling us that "This is a tragedy, but hundreds of tragedies happen every day".

Where do you see hundreds of tragedies of this type everyday?
To be honest Thask, when people like Hank and HCAP start calling out the heinous crimes of blacks on this forum, I will start to pay more attention to their threads about cops. See the disconnect in the discussion?

FantasticDan
07-30-2015, 08:47 AM
To be honest Thask, when people like Hank and HCAP start calling out the heinous crimes of blacks on this forum, I will start to pay more attention to their threads about cops. See the disconnect in the discussion?So there's a disconnect for you in the discussion of police officers incompetence and deadly abuse of power regarding incidents involving black victims, because black people commit crimes too. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

I'm sure no one would mind if, in your distaste for such pointless threads as these, you started one in response featuring "heinous crimes of blacks". Just to keep the forum fair and less disconnecting.. :ThmbUp:

tucker6
07-30-2015, 08:54 AM
So there's a disconnect for you in the discussion of police officers incompetence and deadly abuse of power regarding incidents involving black victims, because black people commit crimes too. Makes sense. :rolleyes:

I'm sure no one would mind if, in your distaste for such pointless threads as these, you started one in response featuring "heinous crimes of blacks". Just to keep the forum fair and less disconnecting.. :ThmbUp:
You miss the point as is usual. The reason why your ilk are not taken more seriously is that you are one sided in your disgust for criminal behavior. For every post about the bad acts of cops against blacks, there are none about the bad acts of blacks. Why is that? Are black crimes so commonplace that to post them all here would offend our sense of proportion, or do black crimes not matter?

FantasticDan
07-30-2015, 09:09 AM
I think you just proved that I got your point 100%. :cool:

Tom
07-30-2015, 09:33 AM
Anecdotal evidence....meaningless really.
You want me to post 100 links to stories about heroic deeds done by cops?
then 100 more about Black assaults on cops?

Who should we get to keep score?

Tom
07-30-2015, 09:34 AM

Actually, I think the point got you.

horses4courses
07-30-2015, 09:44 AM

No, Tom
He is right on the mark.

Why should "black crime" be regarded as different from any other crime?
It's different in that it receives special attention from whites who feel
the need to point fingers - without ever wanting to address the root cause
of the problem, which is, mainly, financial and social inequality.

ebcorde
07-30-2015, 09:46 AM
Since Zimmerman STIFFED him. O'meara found his cash cow. The University of Cincinnati

ebcorde
07-30-2015, 10:06 AM
That's crazy. I felt for the guy because that cop scared the hell out of me. You knew he wanted to harm him after he said "Now I'm gonna ask you again, do you have a license?.
Why did the cop instantly jump to the conclusion his license was suspended after the guy said he didn't have it? My son leaves his at home all the time.

I bet he's ex-military back from killing suspects in Iraq. "Now I'm going to ask you one more time, where's the IED's?" Then bows his head off. That's the problem the Police are hiring these ex-military people who were allowed to go sheet crazy in Iraq, now they're going after Americans.

it's an OLD CAR not WMD, get over it with silly car rules, freaking illegals get driver's license.

Then I'm told he's not a real cop he's campus police and they are regarded as "special purpose police" They don't have the proper traning to approach a person on the street

tucker6
07-30-2015, 10:50 AM
No, Tom
He is right on the mark.

It's different in that it receives special attention from whites who feel
the need to point fingers - without ever wanting to address the root cause
of the problem, which is, mainly, financial and social inequality.
I don't disagree with your last sentence, but feel that the underlying cause of those two things has been the long term breakdown of the family unit. You can see the same signs among broken white homes too. It isn't a black/white issue to me.

Tom
07-30-2015, 10:59 AM

It should not. But it should not be ignored, either.
Do you thing we have a larger problem nationwide with rouge cops or Black on Black violence in the cities? Seems to me to be no-brainer, and the issue that we should be trying to solve.

Posting every time a cop does something wrong proves nothing.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 11:01 AM
This crime is different - nobody can defend it for any reason.
The college cop should be brought to justice, but that's little
consolation to the victim's family. Very sad.So what should be done? What would make you happy?

What do you think should be done so that you don't ever have to create another thread about such senseless killings?

What do you think is behind all of these threads anyway? Is it an actual increase in "bad cops?" Or is it the wonderful Internet bringing every single thing that happens on the planet to the attention of SOMEONE, who then tries to make it go "viral?"

I mean really people...if anything, I would say police behavior has IMPROVED since before the Internet came along, but you all make it seem that like "racism," abusive and out of control police are at an all time high.

I beg to differ...substantially.

MutuelClerk
07-30-2015, 11:04 AM
I believe cops have harassed blacks for years. What's beginning to concern me is all the video. It's mostly good, however I'm starting to see a trend of a complete disrespect for the officer. That's not good. Maybe I missed something in the video but it seemed the driver was fed up with the cop ( understandable) but you can't just drive away. If a black person is stopped and frustrated be it rightly or wrong you can't just leave. This also brings the media into it sensationalizing everything either from the right or left making this very troubling. I wouldn't want to be a cop in a urban area for anything right now.

Spiderman
07-30-2015, 11:11 AM
So what should be done? What would make you happy?

What do you think should be done so that you don't ever have to create another thread about such senseless killings?

What do you think is behind all of these threads anyway? Is it an actual increase in "bad cops?" Or is it the wonderful Internet bringing every single thing that happens on the planet to the attention of SOMEONE, who then tries to make it go "viral?"

I mean really people...if anything, I would say police behavior has IMPROVED since before the Internet came along, but you all make it seem that like "racism," abusive and out of control police are at an all time high.

I beg to differ...substantially.

If it were not for telephone cameras and connectivity to the internet, these horrific incidents would go unreported. All lives matter. Wanton killings by police must continue to be reported.

If you are saying that police behavior has improved with the advent of the Internet, then, can you surmise how many similar incidents have been committed and not reported prior to mobile telephone with cameras?

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Actually, all lives do NOT matter...just ask Democratic Presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 12:09 PM
If it were not for telephone cameras and connectivity to the internet, these horrific incidents would go unreported. All lives matter. Wanton killings by police must continue to be reported.

If you are saying that police behavior has improved with the advent of the Internet, then, can you surmise how many similar incidents have been committed and not reported prior to mobile telephone with cameras?To answer your question...I have no stats to back up my claim.

However, police corruption and bad cops have been "rooted out" more thoroughly beginning in the 1970s or thereabouts. Would you not agree? Cops prior to the big corruption scandals of the 70s were INDEED out of control.

I find it hard to believe that cops are more out of control today then they were 30-40 years ago. Anecdotal stories on this board tend to back that up..even those who see today's police as a huge problem are the source of some of those more outrageous stories from years past.

Add in the dashboard cams, and all the folks with cellphone cameras as you state, and how can cops NOT act within the law much more frequently in modern times? Throw in how highly litigious today's society is and it really is a no-brainer to conclude that today's cops are practically FORCED to keep within the lines compared to decades past...

Hank
07-30-2015, 12:23 PM
Apparently the "rightwing club" prohibits any understanding false equivalency and the particular significance of crimes committed under color of law.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 12:26 PM
Apparently the "rightwing club" prohibits any understanding false equivalency and the particular significance of crimes committed under color of law.Are you trying to say that white cops are behaving more badly towards black citizens more than ever before? :eek:

Hank
07-30-2015, 01:48 PM
Are you trying to say that white cops are behaving more badly towards black citizens more than ever before? :eek:
No.It was not in response to your post which is why I did not quote it.

Tom
07-30-2015, 02:32 PM
Apparently the "rightwing club" prohibits any understanding false equivalency and the particular significance of crimes committed under color of law.

And of course the "leftwing club" gets it.:rolleyes:

More "protecting" and serving"

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/29619638/portsmouth-cop-hailed-hero-after-saving-man-who-fell-30-feet

Robert Fischer
07-30-2015, 03:23 PM
You have to submit to authority.

Yea you may get screwed, you may get disrespected, rules may be broken that are impossible or inefficient to address due to high cost/time/effort, but you live to continue your life and you didn't get tazed, beaten, jailed, or murdered.

Advanced tip: Learn to submit to authority without holding in anger and a need to repeat the cycle of abusing power on someone else!

MONEY
07-30-2015, 03:32 PM
That guy was not a cop, he was campus police, more commonly known as a security guard. He was not trained to be a police officer.

He should not have been taking any non emergency police action outside of the campus.

Everything that he did was wrong and possibly illegal. I hope that he spends the rest of his life in jail.

thaskalos
07-30-2015, 03:43 PM
You have to submit to authority.

Yea you may get screwed, you may get disrespected, rules may be broken that are impossible or inefficient to address due to high cost/time/effort, but you live to continue your life and you didn't get tazed, beaten, jailed, or murdered.

Advanced tip: Learn to submit to authority without holding in anger and a need to repeat the cycle of abusing power on someone else!
"Submit to authority"?

That's a hell of a slogan for a "democratic" country.

PaceAdvantage
07-30-2015, 03:56 PM
No authority in Greece?

Prytanis
07-30-2015, 04:03 PM
What he said?

Tom
07-30-2015, 04:11 PM
"Submit to authority"?

That's a hell of a slogan for a "democratic" country.

It is a pretty good one.
That is what makes us different from so many other countries.
We have laws and we have rights.

We only submit temporarily, and then we have due process to iron out the situations, rather than real-time confrontations that can escalate. If the authority if found to be wrong, we are not only freed, we have the options of seeking compensation for the wrongs done to us.

As a people, we have the power to elect those who will best use that authority. And we get to do it regularly.

Reminds me a bit of Ferguson. The complaint was that the authority was mostly White and did not represent the racial make up of the population.
But those White authorities were elected - so who was a ta fault for having them in power to begin with? The White people who voted for them or the Black people who did not vote for their own choice of authority?

The system is pretty damn good and full of checks and balances.
The people who whine about injustice but do nothing to change it deserve what they get.

FantasticDan
07-30-2015, 11:44 PM
That guy was not a cop, he was campus police, more commonly known as a security guard. He was not trained to be a police officer.
He should not have been taking any non emergency police action outside of the campus.Completely untrue. He was trained to be a police officer, and did have authority to make the stop:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/state/what-training-is-required-of-university-police-officers-in-ohio

Inner Dirt
07-31-2015, 11:15 AM
Completely untrue. He was trained to be a police officer, and did have authority to make the stop:

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/state/what-training-is-required-of-university-police-officers-in-ohio

It may have changed but back when my dad was a city cop and state patrol in California (1965-1980) any sworn police officer could stop a motorist anywhere in the state.