PDA

View Full Version : Sentencing for James Holmes

lamboguy
07-29-2015, 09:49 AM
i don't feel sorry for this punk at all, and whatever he get's he has it coming to him.

i do feel for his parents that raised this kid that went bad. they have to get on the stand to try to convince a jury to save his life after he took out plenty of other innocent people in a movie theater.

the only problem i have with the death penalty is that it does not stop anyone else from committing murders. if it was up to me i would probably do one of 2 things. my preference would be to keep him alive and torture him as much as you can and made sure he doesn't die on you. the other thing i would do would amount to torture as well, i would stick him in a cell, no television, no books, no light and terrible food inside his cell every day. i would give him the twice a week for a shower and an hour a day to walk around in a circle and back to the cell.

just maybe this type of treatment might prevent some other rat faced skunk from killing someone, these people are cowards to begin with and death is to easy for them, that's about all they know.

Robert Goren
07-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Holmes is as crazy they come, but his lawyers could not convince the jury. I really do not care how they do it, but he should never hit the streets again. The only thing I have to say about the death penalty is it takes a long time and cost a lot of money to get some executed. We recently had a guy die of old age on death row in Nebraska. All the money they spent trying to "fry" him was a waste. I wish it wasn't so, but that is just the way it is today.

ronsmac
07-29-2015, 12:30 PM
i don't feel sorry for this punk at all, and whatever he get's he has it coming to him.

i do feel for his parents that raised this kid that went bad. they have to get on the stand to try to convince a jury to save his life after he took out plenty of other innocent people in a movie theater.

the only problem i have with the death penalty is that it does not stop anyone else from committing murders. if it was up to me i would probably do one of 2 things. my preference would be to keep him alive and torture him as much as you can and made sure he doesn't die on you. the other thing i would do would amount to torture as well, i would stick him in a cell, no television, no books, no light and terrible food inside his cell every day. i would give him the twice a week for a shower and an hour a day to walk around in a circle and back to the cell.

just maybe this type of treatment might prevent some other rat faced skunk from killing someone, these people are cowards to begin with and death is to easy for them, that's about all they know.That sounds like cruel & unusual punishment. I'm not really against that, but if we're going to throw away the constitution, and again I'm cool with doing away with a number of things from the constitution, then the gun nuts who want everyone to own a bazooka would have to accept those changes also. Not just pick and choose what benefits is most.

Tom
07-29-2015, 12:52 PM
i would stick him in a cell, no television, no books, no light and terrible food inside his cell every day. i would give him the twice a week for a shower and an hour a day to walk around in a circle and back to the cell.

That doens't sound cruel or unusual to me.
IT sound kind of light, actually.
He gets free food and shelter.......make him work to earn credits to pay for his upkeep. No work, no food. Showers once a month - the American pioneers did not get that many.

ronsmac
07-29-2015, 01:02 PM
That doens't sound cruel or unusual to me.
IT sound kind of light, actually.
He gets free food and shelter.......make him work to earn credits to pay for his upkeep. No work, no food. Showers once a month - the American pioneers did not get that many. That's cute. My pet peeve is speeders. They should be banned from driving for life, so I'm for harsher penalties for any crime. No exceptions.

thaskalos
07-29-2015, 01:26 PM
Punishing a killer needn't be such a costly or time-consuming process. Just hand-tie him, and lock him in a room with the families of the victims.

Hoofless_Wonder
07-30-2015, 06:30 AM
Holmes is typical of a mass murderer these days, both mentally ill and under the influence of psychotropic drugs. Punishing him at any level will not prove to be a deterrent to similar mindsets.

The real criminals here, the doctors and the "modern" mental health care system, are going unpunished.

fast4522
07-30-2015, 06:50 AM
Punishing a killer needn't be such a costly or time-consuming process. Just hand-tie him, and lock him in a room with the families of the victims.

Not too long ago I shared your exact logic and solution. The problem is that we have too many hacks and unions who see opportunity with their solution.
When someone is convicted of murder they should be stripped of their United States citizenship and outsourced to the other side of the world. The same should be done to three strikes convicted felons.

MutuelClerk
07-30-2015, 09:38 AM
One bullet.

Couple seconds.

Problem solved.