PDA

View Full Version : Donald Warren

ultracapper
07-29-2015, 12:06 AM
Has anybody heard any news about trainer Donald Warren? He has been training in SoCal for as long as I've been following SoCal, and I have always considered his entries when I've seen them. He has not had a starter since June 27, 2015. If anybody knows anything, I sure would appreciate hearing it.

Thanks

HPFridays
07-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Good post, Ultracapper, I'd like to know the same. I see Poshsky was trained by Donald on June 27 but ran for Peter Miller last week. Hope he's ok.

Fingal
07-29-2015, 12:24 PM
I'm not positive but I would say it probably has to do with the death of his owner Bud Johnston of Old English Rancho in May of this year. When you're a private trainer & your owner dies it's hard. Their racing operations may be shut down until the estate is settled.

ultracapper
07-29-2015, 01:24 PM
It looks as though He Will, the #1 horse in today's 1st at Delmar, was purchased in a private transaction by Hollendorfer, Todara, et al from Bud Johnston's operation. I would guess that Johnston's death is a good explanation. Probably a disbursement sale of sorts.

I didn't know about Johnston. Thanks for the input. I just couldn't see why this horse that Hollendorfer has today would be let go by Warren as he looks like he could be any kind moving forward. He has a very live late kick.