Plenty are worse than them, no?

Stillriledup
07-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Plenty are worse than them, no?

Not tonight :D

cj
07-28-2015, 10:11 PM
Not tonight :D

One game in baseball means a lot...yeah, sure it does.

cj
07-28-2015, 10:12 PM
I'll give you this, Odor sure stinks tonight.

proximity
07-29-2015, 10:19 PM
sounds like they just got cole.....

horses4courses
07-29-2015, 10:57 PM
sounds like they just got cole.....

Yep.
Watch them screw this deal up down the road.
Overpaying for minimal production.

Cole Hamels is good, don't get me wrong.
How many good years are still ahead of him, though?

Valuist
07-29-2015, 11:18 PM
I'll give you this, Odor sure stinks tonight.

Player of the Week last week. The guy has opened a few eyes the past few months.

Valuist
07-29-2015, 11:24 PM
The Rangers have, allegedly, picked up Cole Hamels. I say allegedly because nowadays none of these trades are official until you see the guy in the new uniform.

http://www.lonestarball.com/2015/7/29/9071767/cole-hamels-trade-texas-rangers-acquire-philadelphia-phillie-ace-per

dnlgfnk
07-30-2015, 01:00 AM
Yep.

Plenty of good reasons for Texas to pull the trigger...

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/rangers-get-a-new-ace-in-cole-hamels/

ElKabong
07-31-2015, 01:46 PM
Is this a major league team? :D

They split with the Yanks in that series. Is NYY a major league team?

The Rangers are down this season a bit, but come on. Please think before you post.

ElKabong
07-31-2015, 01:51 PM
Yep.

At first I agreed w/ your reasoning. Didn't want to see Alfaro go somewhere else and be a star

But Harrison is done. Totally done. FB is down by 10 mph, he has no more movement than before. Moving that big contract that had no value was a good move.

Hamels may flop in the A.L. and @ the ballpark, but that's the roll of the dice. We also rec'd a LHP in the pen. Badly needed. Good moves for next yr. Hamels is locked in for 3 yrs, Dieckman for 4 I hear. All in all a good move b/c we kept our top 2 prospects in the minors

Stillriledup
07-31-2015, 02:04 PM
They split with the Yanks in that series. Is NYY a major league team?

The Rangers are down this season a bit, but come on. Please think before you post.

I posted when they gave up 22 unanswered runs, that's minor league stuff. Btw, who's got the better record NYY or Texas, I haven't checked the standings lately. Haven't checked who's got more championships either.

cj
07-31-2015, 03:04 PM
I posted when they gave up 22 unanswered runs, that's minor league stuff. Btw, who's got the better record NYY or Texas, I haven't checked the standings lately. Haven't checked who's got more championships either.

It was silly to post about one game. Anything can happen in one game. Teams that have won the Super Bowl have been blown out, and that is only a 16 game schedule.

ElKabong
07-31-2015, 03:05 PM

Hard to take you seriously with these posts. Texas is a 3rd place team in a five team division. That's not minor league. They're not a title contender, but only an uneducated fan would use the word minor league to describe them.

"Who's got" more championships... Wow, got me on that one. How many players on NYY have rings with that franchise? ARod and who else? Elston Howard doesn't suit up anymore, with his dozen or so rings...

I didn't miss people like you on this board to be honest. Juvenile posts...., a lot of thoughtful people are on here still, but too many like you. Have a nice life, kid.

Stillriledup
07-31-2015, 05:09 PM
Hard to take you seriously with these posts. Texas is a 3rd place team in a five team division. That's not minor league. They're not a title contender, but only an uneducated fan would use the word minor league to describe them.

"Who's got" more championships... Wow, got me on that one. How many players on NYY have rings with that franchise? ARod and who else? Elston Howard doesn't suit up anymore, with his dozen or so rings...

I didn't miss people like you on this board to be honest. Juvenile posts...., a lot of thoughtful people are on here still, but too many like you. Have a nice life, kid.

You were the one who came on here to post AFTER Texas won a couple games, I didn't see your response before that. Everyone is a genius after the fact, you wouldn't have responded if Texas had lost two more to NYY but because they won, here you are trying to look smart after the fact. Where were you on the night I posted?

ElKabong
07-31-2015, 11:51 PM
You were the one who came on here to post AFTER Texas won a couple games, I didn't see your response before that. Everyone is a genius after the fact, you wouldn't have responded if Texas had lost two more to NYY but because they won, here you are trying to look smart after the fact. Where were you on the night I posted?

Living my life. You should try it.

Stillriledup
08-01-2015, 12:31 AM
Living my life. You should try it.
Coincidentally though that exciting life of yours got put on hold so you could redboard me a 2 game win streak. :rolleyes:

Stillriledup
10-03-2015, 06:35 PM
Fire Charlie

#bye

zico20
10-03-2015, 06:59 PM
Love to see Houston win tonight to set up a great day tomorrow.

raybo
10-10-2015, 12:47 PM
Wow, "minor league" team is 2 games up in a best of 5 divisional series! Maybe I should have walked-on for a minor league tryout when I had the chance way back when, maybe that minor league team could have been something! :lol:

forced89
10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
Is this a major league team? :D

Clearly they have a nice mix of kids, old pros and relief pitching. Yesterday's 3rd baseman is 20 years old; their 2nd baseman is 21. They may not win it all but are fun to watch.

thaskalos
10-10-2015, 06:50 PM
I can't see Toronto eliminated in this series.

Marshall Bennett
10-10-2015, 06:56 PM
Love to see a Texas showdown for the AL pennant. :)

raybo
10-10-2015, 07:01 PM

???? So, you think Toronto will win the next 3 games?

Stillriledup
10-10-2015, 07:06 PM
Wow, "minor league" team is 2 games up in a best of 5 divisional series! Maybe I should have walked-on for a minor league tryout when I had the chance way back when, maybe that minor league team could have been something! :lol:

I don't know, I went back in this thread and didnt see any posts from you on the day I posted this, the silence was deafening. You're an expert now though, right? :D

thaskalos
10-10-2015, 07:09 PM
???? So, you think Toronto will win the next 3 games?
Yes.

TexasDolly
10-10-2015, 07:26 PM
Yes.

Thas, Toronto is currently around + 400 for the series.
Thank you,
TD

thaskalos
10-10-2015, 07:37 PM
Thank you,
TD
Does that mean that they won't win three straight against the Rangers?

TexasDolly
10-11-2015, 03:24 PM

No, I was just pointing out that the price was decent if you liked Toronto and might be worth looking at for a bet,that's all.
Thank you,
TD

cj
10-11-2015, 03:49 PM

He said nothing that would indicate that, was just giving you the price on your opinion.

raybo
10-11-2015, 04:15 PM
I don't know, I went back in this thread and didnt see any posts from you on the day I posted this, the silence was deafening. You're an expert now though, right? :D

I just started reading this thread because I usually stick to the racing portion of the board, since it's primarily a racing forum not a sports forum. Basing opinion of a team on a short period of time, or a couple of games in this case, is like basing opinions on a couple of races, or races within a short period of time, it means very little in the long term. Every horse, and every team has good days and not so good days, that is to be expected.

Calling a team "minor league" because of a couple of poor performances begs to be ridiculed. So, if one does that sort of thing then they should expect the ridicule. After all, you ridiculed the Rangers, and by extension, their fans and supporters first, didn't you?

raybo
10-11-2015, 04:22 PM
Yes.

So, what are you basing that off of? They had two games in their home park and lost both, now they have to go to Texas and beat them twice, then come back to Toronto and beat them again. Odds aren't good that all that will happen, unless you know something the rest of us don't. Do you (other than Texas starting lefties against a good left hand hitting team, we do have a bullpen don't ya know)?

ElKabong
10-12-2015, 01:41 PM
Fire Charlie

#bye

Charlie says "Hi" from the State Fair of Texas, with a big smile :lol:

...and he says to go get a life... it'll cut down on stupid posts like the original in this thread.

#bye

ElKabong
10-12-2015, 01:45 PM
So, what are you basing that off of? They had two games in their home park and lost both, now they have to go to Texas and beat them twice, then come back to Toronto and beat them again. Odds aren't good that all that will happen, unless you know something the rest of us don't. Do you (other than Texas starting lefties against a good left hand hitting team, we do have a bullpen don't ya know)?

Odds may not look to be that great, but tor's lineup is tailor made for the Rangers pitching staff. BJs have a lot of RH power, we offer up a lot of lefties on the mound. It's even money to me, right now that they take the next two from the Rangers.

Hoping that isn't the case. I'm pleased we've come this far. Always expect them to be competitive, but didn't think they'd make the playoffs with HOU playing as well as they were until Sept

Valuist
10-12-2015, 03:54 PM
I know the initial reaction is take Toronto vs a LHP. But teams who rely heavily on the HR are often worn down by October. Ranger hitters have pretty good numbers vs Dickey. Toronto is favored, but its either Texas or pass for me today.

ElKabong
10-12-2015, 04:22 PM
I know the initial reaction is take Toronto vs a LHP. But teams who rely heavily on the HR are often worn down by October. Ranger hitters have pretty good numbers vs Dickey. Toronto is favored, but its either Texas or pass for me today.

The Dutch Oven is already getting lit up. First inning and the BJs are rolling.

Holland's finger / knuckle injury may or may not be the reason for today's fubar, but I'd have pitched Colby here to start. Now they're already in a deep hole. Hard to get those runs back w/ momentum across the diamond.

In all seriousness, the Rangers are playing with house money. No disappointment here at all

Valuist
10-12-2015, 04:24 PM
The Dutch Oven is already getting lit up. First inning and the BJs are rolling.

Holland's finger / knuckle injury may or may not be the reason for today's fubar, but I'd have pitched Colby here to start. Now they're already in a deep hole. Hard to get those runs back w/ momentum across the diamond.

In all seriousness, the Rangers are playing with house money. No disappointment here at all

I didn't expect Holland to shut them down but 2 HRs in the first? I do think they will hit Dickey. Historically they have.

What station is carrying the game? Its not on ESPN, ESPN2, TBS and Fox Sports One has KC/Houston.

ElKabong
10-12-2015, 04:54 PM
I didn't expect Holland to shut them down but 2 HRs in the first? I do think they will hit Dickey. Historically they have.

What station is carrying the game? Its not on ESPN, ESPN2, TBS and Fox Sports One has KC/Houston.

Not sure, I'm at work. Watched gamecast for awhile.
FS1 has the alds but like you said, HOU KC was on prior to TEX TOR

cj
10-12-2015, 04:59 PM

I can't find it anywhere. I even tried FS2 to see if they were showing it until this one ended, no dice. Euro 2016 qualifier trumps MLB Playoffs apparently.

cj
10-12-2015, 05:03 PM
I can't find it anywhere. I even tried FS2 to see if they were showing it until this one ended, no dice. Euro 2016 qualifier trumps MLB Playoffs apparently.

MLB Network for Jays/Rangers.

Stillriledup
10-12-2015, 05:53 PM

The game the other day that was in the 14th inning I couldn't find it at all. And since the grid doesn't update itself on the fly, you can't search for it on the menu.

thaskalos
10-12-2015, 10:33 PM
Thank you,
TD

If I had a wager on Toronto at +400 after game two...would it be advisable to hedge out and pocket my profit before game five?

TexasDolly
10-13-2015, 08:55 AM
If I had a wager on Toronto at +400 after game two...would it be advisable to hedge out and pocket my profit before game five?

Thas, Probably would depend on the size of this betting bankroll and gambling temperament . Being a 1.75 fav to win the +400 bet "ain't" too bad a position to be in . A simple Ranger win with a bet of .60 per original dollar will break out even and a BJ win will return a net of + 340. A Ranger bet of 1.80 per OD will net about .80 per OD regardless of the winner. The line I saw had the Rangers +175 . I thought it would be more like 140.
I guess the same arguments apply here as in pick 3's ,4's etc.
Hope that helps some.
Thank you,
TD

thaskalos
10-13-2015, 04:07 PM
Thas, Probably would depend on the size of this betting bankroll and gambling temperament . Being a 1.75 fav to win the +400 bet "ain't" too bad a position to be in . A simple Ranger win with a bet of .60 per original dollar will break out even and a BJ win will return a net of + 340. A Ranger bet of 1.80 per OD will net about .80 per OD regardless of the winner. The line I saw had the Rangers +175 . I thought it would be more like 140.
I guess the same arguments apply here as in pick 3's ,4's etc.
Hope that helps some.
Thank you,
TD
If Price were pitching...then I may have opted to hedge out my bet. But he isn't pitching...so, I am holding on to it. :)

cbp
10-13-2015, 04:13 PM
Here's what I suggest. Next year go to the1-1-1-1 format and put all the games on MLB network. I know I wouldn't be adding it to my channel list. Which means I wouldn't be watching any games either. Way to market your product.

On the other hand, plenty of free viewing on the pirated sites.

thaskalos
10-14-2015, 07:57 PM
I hope I didn't offend anyone...

Stillriledup
10-14-2015, 11:00 PM

You should have been out there in the 7th inning, this minor league team coulda used you. :D

Marshall Bennett
10-15-2015, 04:21 AM
Top of 9th, down 3 runs needing base-runners, and each of them are swinging for the fences. They're major league ballplayers, but they're stupid humans first. :)

Stillriledup
10-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Top of 9th, down 3 runs needing base-runners, and each of them are swinging for the fences. They're major league ballplayers, but they're stupid humans first. :)

Its amazing to me that the minute they got handed a gift run they couldn't seal the deal. They acted like their families were in immediate peril if they would have won the game. I'm still in shock at how they hated the idea that they might win and move on, guys were dropping balls that 3rd graders could have caught.

MutuelClerk
10-15-2015, 08:44 AM

Great call. Hope you cashed.