PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on Genuine Reward

mlyles1
07-28-2015, 08:52 PM
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29635062/crawford-from-craigslist-to-kentucky-son-of-genuine-risk-comes-home-with-authors-help

Fager Fan
07-28-2015, 10:39 PM
That horse was never in danger and it's not right to insult the prior owner in the attempts by Blowen and Hillenbrand to pat themselves on the back.

nijinski
07-29-2015, 12:03 AM
That horse was never in danger and it's not right to insult the prior owner in the attempts by Blowen and Hillenbrand to pat themselves on the back.
I posted here when the horse was discovered on Craigslist and I don't agree with you . It's indeed risky to put a horse on cl for best offer no less. I'm not saying he was neglected , he was taken care of but yes the public appealed to the big guys and they cane through, this guy is the real deal and was a much anticipated one who was in Motts barn . Unfortunately was not like his talented mom and bucked his shins three times. Another career awaited but he certainly shocked appearing on Craigslist recently . Thank goodness for the media.

Fager Fan
07-29-2015, 07:44 AM
I posted here when the horse was discovered on Craigslist and I don't agree with you . It's indeed risky to put a horse on cl for best offer no less. I'm not saying he was neglected , he was taken care of but yes the public appealed to the big guys and they cane through, this guy is the real deal and was a much anticipated one who was in Motts barn . Unfortunately was not like his talented mom and bucked his shins three times. Another career awaited but he certainly shocked appearing on Craigslist recently . Thank goodness for the media.

Nonsense. The "big gun" Old Friends has placed one horse in a home - Bluesthestandard - and how'd that work out? The horse is dead. So their batting average is pretty bad, and they're going to publicly criticize someone else? Someone who maybe would've checked out the prospective owner better? Who may've had better instincts? Who maybe followed up on the horse to see how it was doing?

Just because a horse is given away or sold for cheap doesn't mean the horse is destined for slaughter. Most every ex-racer who has no breeding value is given away or sold for cheap. I resent the effort to make the former owners look bad when they obviously took good care of the horse.

I saw all this go down on Facebook and elsewhere. I saw at least 10 people offer to pay for and adopt him and had all emailed or called the owner. He would've gotten a good home. Somehow OF got moved up to the head of the line.

classhandicapper
07-29-2015, 01:02 PM
As long as it ended well...

nijinski
07-29-2015, 03:10 PM
:eek: sworeNonsense. The "big gun" Old Friends has placed one horse in a home - Bluesthestandard - and how'd that work out? The horse is dead. So their batting average is pretty bad, and they're going to publicly criticize someone else? Someone who maybe would've checked out the prospective owner better? Who may've had better instincts? Who maybe followed up on the horse to see how it was doing?

Just because a horse is given away or sold for cheap doesn't mean the horse is destined for slaughter. Most every ex-racer who has no breeding value is given away or sold for cheap. I resent the effort to make the former owners look bad when they obviously took good care of the horse.

I saw all this go down on Facebook and elsewhere. I saw at least 10 people offer to pay for and adopt him and had all emailed or called the owner. He would've gotten a good home. Somehow OF got moved up to the head of the line.. Sorry we disagree but horses are sold by the lb way too often so I don't recommend advertisising a low price sale on Craigslist and nothing is going to change my mind on that .bluesthestandard was unfortunate and I doubt will happen again , it was a trust issue and Of learned their lesson and got plenty of negative press for that. I agree many on fb and other forums tried to buy him but could not get through ,fortunately an official visiting the area helped the deal and yes Laura and Blowen sealed it . they are not perfect , this is not a perfect world but a good deed was done . Social Media was huge in this move here but thanks to all involved.