PDA

View Full Version : Will Saratoga cancel Wednesday?

jeebus1083
07-28-2015, 05:42 PM
High of 94 forecasted, humidity in the low 70s. Heat index of 100-105. Nothing as of now, but if other tracks shut down tomorrow, Saratoga could very well follow suit. Too hot and dangerous for the horses.

Redboard
07-28-2015, 06:44 PM
High of 94 forecasted, humidity in the low 70s. Heat index of 100-105. Nothing as of now, but if other tracks shut down tomorrow, Saratoga could very well follow suit. Too hot and dangerous for the horses.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the SPA has never cancelled an entire day of racing, except for a Sunday card a few years ago due to Hurricane Irene (I had grandstand tickets for that Sunday, which they would not honor when I showed up on Monday, but that's another story).

They might cancel a few races.

Rollingpk3
07-28-2015, 07:15 PM
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but the SPA has never cancelled an entire day of racing, except for a Sunday card a few years ago due to Hurricane Irene (I had grandstand tickets for that Sunday, which they would not honor when I showed up on Monday, but that's another story).

They might cancel a few races.

aug 2nd 2006
entire card canceled due to heat

thespaah
07-28-2015, 10:46 PM
High of 94 forecasted, humidity in the low 70s. Heat index of 100-105. Nothing as of now, but if other tracks shut down tomorrow, Saratoga could very well follow suit. Too hot and dangerous for the horses. weather.gov.....KALY.....Northern Saratoga County
.WEDNESDAY...PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. SUNNY...HOT. HUMID WITH
HIGHS IN THE LOWER 90S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS...BECOMING
SOUTHWEST AROUND 5 MPH IN THE AFTERNOON.
Temps will reach the low 90's with relative humidity on the high side. However according to the forecast discussion out of the Albany weather office, heat indices should remain below advisory criteria. ( Below 100)...
it will be a hot and sticky day though.