PDA

View Full Version : Bartlett

pandy
07-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Bartlett has 7 winners at Yonkers last night, including 6-1 and 16-1 shots. This guy may be the most talented driver in harness racing.

jtschmidt
07-28-2015, 03:39 PM
He may be the best on the 1/2 right now for sure. Never big on the stakes scene. Will things change?

LottaKash
07-28-2015, 04:28 PM
He may be the best on the 1/2 right now for sure. Never big on the stakes scene. Will things change?

I have to agree mostly about that...

Over the years, I have seen Jason B. venture out onto the bigger tracks, where he didn't fare as well as I thought he would...

Perhaps, that the connections or lack of them in the stakes dep't, and/or his lack of bigger track racing experience may have had something to do with his lack of "big" success at the bigger ovals...I am not sure...

In my deep down, I believe that he has what it takes to win on the bigger ovals, but he just hasn't produced anything sensational in that regard, all the same...

Maybe racing in NY on the 1/2's, may just be enough for him...As, he does make a comfy living from it.. :)

pandy
07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
I interviewed Bartlett a few months ago, and he certainly would venture to other tracks, but the bottom line is, if you don't drive at the Meadowlands it's tough to get stakes drives, even though Yonkers has higher purses. Even Sears and Brennan have lost drives since moving back to Yonkers, especially Brennan. But Bartlett, in my opinion, is now a bonafide superstar. If you watch him, he has what drivers like Walter Case and Carmine Abbatiello had, horses go faster for him, and, he is the absolute best in the sport at leaving the gate. And considering the extremely high percentage of races that are won by leavers now, being great out of the gate is extremely important and that's one of the reasons why he wins way more often from the outside posts than the other guys.

cmp92
07-28-2015, 09:44 PM
I would imagine driving almost exclusively at Yonkers hurts. Most of the trainers he drives for there, like Bamond, don't have lots of Grand Circuit stock. Since Tetrick is available for most Grand Circuit events, Bamond has no need for Bartlett to come too.

cmp92
07-28-2015, 09:45 PM
Bartlett has 7 winners at Yonkers last night, including 6-1 and 16-1 shots. This guy may be the most talented driver in harness racing.
He also won the Gerrity at Saratoga on Saturday. First over forever and PH Supercam found a way to win.

pandy
07-28-2015, 10:25 PM
He also won the Gerrity at Saratoga on Saturday. First over forever and PH Supercam found a way to win.

I hadn't noticed that, thanks.