PDA

View Full Version : Social Inclusion looks to run on August 26th new jock onboard...

onefast99
07-28-2015, 10:22 AM
NW2 1 mile allowance $95k purse for Social Inclusion at Saratoga. Jose ortiz will get the call replacing Lezcano. Hopefully Brown has this one figured out now.

classhandicapper
07-28-2015, 11:05 AM
I'm not sure if Brown has him figured out but I still think the potential "was" there. I'm not sure if it still is. It's getting much less likely at this point.

I still think the second start of his career was excellent and that he also ran quite well in the Wood after getting used early from that outside post. It all seemed to unravel after that.

I know all the arguments that he was running at GP and he shook loose with a very soft pace etc... All of that is true but we also know from multiple races that Honor Code has a terrific turn of foot when asked. When Honor Code was asked to get into that race Social Inclusion seemed to have a gear that Honor Code could not come close to matching. Even if that wasn't peak Honor Code he still had that turn of foot. IMO there was more than just a soft pace going on there. IMO he was very good at that time.

onefast99
07-28-2015, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure if Brown has him figured out but I still think the potential "was" there. I'm not sure if it still is. It's getting much less likely at this point.

I still think the second start of his career was excellent and that he also ran quite well in the Wood after getting used early from that outside post. It all seemed to unravel after that.

I know all the arguments that he was running at GP and he shook loose with a very soft pace etc... All of that is true but we also know from multiple races that Honor Code has a terrific turn of foot when asked. When Honor Code was asked to get into that race Social Inclusion seemed to have a gear that Honor Code could not come close to matching. Even if that wasn't peak Honor Code he still had that turn of foot. IMO there was more than just a soft pace going on there. IMO he was very good at that time.
He was injured in the Haskell last July. It was a time healing injury to a tendon. Since he came back he has shown no heart, that you can't fix.

SG4
07-28-2015, 12:49 PM
NW2 1 mile allowance $95k purse for Social Inclusion at Saratoga. Jose ortiz will get the call replacing Lezcano. Hopefully Brown has this one figured out now.

I only see the Saratoga condition book out through Aug 10th, how are they already picking out an exact race on the 26th? Also, would a 1 mile race mean it's on the turf, since I don't think they card that distance on the dirt? I think a try on the turf is the last hope for this guy.

ManU918
07-28-2015, 12:54 PM
Easy bet against IMO.

letswastemoney
07-28-2015, 01:34 PM
Aug. 26? They have an allowance race picked out this far ahead? That's almost a month away.

Social Inclusion is a better horse when he's sent early. Paco Lopez would fit the colt perfectly.

But, maybe he looked so great against Honor Code because Honor Code is just a touch below his usual form going 2 turns. When a higher-class horse faces an optional claimer, it usually doesn't matter how easy the lead is. A Grade I level horse is supposed to mow him down, or at least cut significantly into the lead, and Honor Code came nowhere close.