PDA

View Full Version : Stephen A Smith reporting that Tom Brady

tucker6
07-28-2015, 10:10 AM
four game suspension will be upheld by Goodell. Let the fireworks begin. Should be a fun show. :D

Stillriledup
07-28-2015, 02:12 PM
#TBsCareer*

tucker6
07-28-2015, 05:44 PM
Destroyed his cell phone on or about the day he was to meet with investigators!! Really Tom??

tucker6
07-28-2015, 05:46 PM
NFL follows up the decision with an immediate lawsuit in Manhattan asking the federal court to affirm their decision. By doing this, they prevent Brady from going to an unfriendly (from NFL POV) court.

NFL sounds serious here and on their game. It also points to them thinking that they have a strong case.

tucker6
07-28-2015, 05:49 PM
NFLPA also refused to produce the two employees for the June 23rd hearing. LOL. How bad can you make appearances look by doing all these things.

"Mr Judge, I did nothing wrong in spite of what was said in the text messages, my obstruction of the investigation, the destroyed cell phone, and my refusal to produce the guys who will exonerate me" - Tom Shady

NorCalGreg
07-28-2015, 05:52 PM
NFLPA also refused to produce the two employees for the June 23rd hearing. LOL. How bad can you make appearances look by doing all these things.

"Mr Judge, I did nothing wrong in spite of what was said in the text messages, my obstruction of the investigation, the destroyed cell phone, and my refusal to produce the guys who will exonerate me" - Tom Shady

Don't forget the truly funny part, tucker---Tom said they called some heavyset equipment guy "deflate" because he needed to lose weight! :lol:

tucker6
07-28-2015, 08:10 PM
Don't forget the truly funny part, tucker---Tom said they called some heavyset equipment guy "deflate" because he needed to lose weight! :lol:
The killer is not having his "co-conspirators" appear at the hearing to walk in lockstep with him on their stories. If everything Brady says is legit, then the two equipment guys would be supporting his story hook, line, and sinker.

Stillriledup
07-28-2015, 10:11 PM
So you're being wrongly accused and your phone could prove you knew nothing so you ......you do what? :eek:

Clocker
07-29-2015, 11:45 PM
Destroyed his cell phone on or about the day he was to meet with investigators!! Really Tom??

I don't know if it is true or not, but Brady says that the NFL already had all of the messages in question from the records of the people who sent or received the messages.

Dark Horse
07-30-2015, 05:19 AM
What goes around comes around.

The sentence that apparently set it all off: "Maybe those guys gotta study the rule book and figure it out"...:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-brady-suspension-plaschke-20150729-column.html

I can't wait for the new and adjusted Patriot fumble figure.

mountainman
07-30-2015, 10:05 AM
That phone certainly had something on it that Brady couldn't afford to reveal. And he had to know what the repercussions of destroying it might be.

So far,commentators have given an appropriately wide berth to the elephant in the room: This guy can't be texting sinister ball boys 80x a day. Or golf buddies, or his car mechanic......etc..etc

Valuist
07-30-2015, 10:41 PM
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but Goeddell (sp/) dropped the ball here. No way it should be more than 2 games. Most suspended players are black, so the league gets a chance to stick it to a white player to show they aren't "racist". You have players committing acts of violence in society and they get the same suspension as a guy who, at best, probably had some knowledge of the deflated footballs. The commish is an asshole and needs to be put in his place.

Stillriledup
07-31-2015, 12:22 AM
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but Goeddell (sp/) dropped the ball here. No way it should be more than 2 games. Most suspended players are black, so the league gets a chance to stick it to a white player to show they aren't "racist". You have players committing acts of violence in society and they get the same suspension as a guy who, at best, probably had some knowledge of the deflated footballs. The commish is an asshole and needs to be put in his place.

The length of suspensions lets you know how important integrity is to them. News flash: not important.

Dark Horse
07-31-2015, 04:30 AM

Four games is very light, imo.

If the league had any guts they'd have suspended him for the Superbowl. Or, at the very least, taken away the last Superbowl. Lance Armstrong-style.

Anyway, Brady seems too blinded by pride to realize he's only digging a bigger hole for himself with his actions since. If given a choice between Roger Clemens and Andy Pettitte, don't take the Clemens route.

proximity
07-31-2015, 12:35 PM
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, .

don't bet on it.... ;)

Stillriledup
07-31-2015, 02:10 PM

It's funny how people who seemingly hate the Pats rush to defend them and preface it by saying you hate them. I gotta say nothing in your post suggests hate, seems like love to me.

buzzy
07-31-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't care for Brady, but I respect his game. He came into this league as a nobody and gonna leave one of the best. Not counting last year(gronk) of his 3 prior super bowl wins, who was he throwing to.. Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman all had premier receivers.....His coverup was way worse than the crime, should have owned it from the beginning, he deserves the 4 games for being an arrogant ass$&@e... And I'm from Philadelphia and eagle players I've seen in interviews are still talking about in certain formations patriot defenders were beating eagle receivers to their spots in the super bowl..spy gate ...

Tom
08-01-2015, 11:27 AM
I hate the Patriots as much as anyone, but Goeddell (sp/) dropped the ball here

That seems odd, under inflated balls should easy to hold onto.

Clocker
08-01-2015, 12:06 PM
That seems odd, under inflated balls should easy to hold onto.

Are you saying that Goodell has under-inflated balls?

horses4courses
08-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Are you saying that Goodell has under-inflated balls?

You two are becoming like Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon.
It's kinda cute....... :lol:

Valuist
08-02-2015, 10:48 PM
It's funny how people who seemingly hate the Pats rush to defend them and preface it by saying you hate them. I gotta say nothing in your post suggests hate, seems like love to me.

Nope. Always disliked them under Belichek.

The Patriots exploited a silly policy of the NFL allowing teams to use the balls they wanted. Was that their fault the policy was flawed?

tucker6
08-02-2015, 11:57 PM
Nope. Always disliked them under Belichek.

The Patriots exploited a silly policy of the NFL allowing teams to use the balls they wanted. Was that their fault the policy was flawed?
Seriously? The policy did NOT allow for a ball boy to take them from the refs and deflate them in a bathroom after they had been checked. You're making up false narrative. The real policy allowed teams to submit the balls to the refs with a psi between 12.5-13.5 and with whatever scuffing the QB wanted. That is it. Everything else is your imagination talking.

Robert Fischer
08-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Patriots put on a great show. Good coaching, good players.

The one gripe I have with them is that the NFL has them in such an easy division.

If there isn't an artificial element to that, it sure has worked out great for one of the NFL's best markets, just the same.

These other teams don't even appear to be trying, and you have teams like the Jets devoting years and years to guys like Sanchez and Geno Smith...

The Patriots have the luxury of working out any issues through the season. They've looked 'average' early some recent years, and had a chance to build into contenders.

I don't see 4 games handicapping them unless Buffalo puts a real NFL QB in at starter and also plays up to their potential as a roster.
Otherwise this is just 'gossip news'.
LeBron played kickball with Drake the other day as well...

Valuist
08-03-2015, 06:02 PM
Seriously? The policy did NOT allow for a ball boy to take them from the refs and deflate them in a bathroom after they had been checked. You're making up false narrative. The real policy allowed teams to submit the balls to the refs with a psi between 12.5-13.5 and with whatever scuffing the QB wanted. That is it. Everything else is your imagination talking.

The policy was clearly bad. It has nothing to do with mine, or anyone else's imagination.

Robert Fischer
08-03-2015, 10:05 PM
gE5U0ZvmHIk

rOrH_oRce4g

dartman51
08-04-2015, 08:53 AM
I don't care for Brady, but I respect his game. He came into this league as a nobody and gonna leave one of the best. Not counting last year(gronk) of his 3 prior super bowl wins, who was he throwing to.. Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman all had premier receivers.....His coverup was way worse than the crime, should have owned it from the beginning, he deserves the 4 games for being an arrogant ass$&@e... And I'm from Philadelphia and eagle players I've seen in interviews are still talking about in certain formations patriot defenders were beating eagle receivers to their spots in the super bowl..spy gate ...

Isn't that usually the case. It doesn't matter if it's politics or real life, if you've been busted for something, best to own up to it, and take your punishment. Lying NEVER helps.

Stillriledup
08-04-2015, 11:43 AM
gE5U0ZvmHIk

rOrH_oRce4g

Great stuff, love Frank C, I had seen the 'on to Cincinnati' one but not the other one.