PDA

View Full Version : Joe Biden

Tom
07-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Joe Biden just drove through my front parking lot with Chuck Schumer.
I waved out my window - all five fingers!
He waved back! Same number.

Then they left.

He's here to create thousands of jobs and wipe out poverty in Rochester.
I guess lunch is out.:(

Shemp Howard
07-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Old Joe whispered into $3 Buck Chuck's ear "....."This is a big F-N deal!"

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2015, 12:07 PM
Biden could even top Obama as the worst president ever. Glad nothing's happened to Obama. As impossible as that seems I firmly believe it. He's a fkn idiot.
So you see, I'm not totally racist after-all. :)

FocusWiz
07-27-2015, 12:11 PM
Biden could even top Obama as the worst president ever. Glad nothing's happened to Obama. As impossible as that seems I firmly believe it. He's a fkn idiot.
So you see, I'm not totally racist after-all. :)Please don't even whisper that....

If Hillary self-destructs over her email server and total inaccessibility to the media and The Donald runs as an independent, it could set things up so that whoever gets the Democratic nomination wins by default, regardless of who it is.

rastajenk
07-27-2015, 12:21 PM
As I mentioned in the Hillary thread, to the Obamatrons, that's not a bug, that's a feature.

Tom
07-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Listening to his speech at lunch, he is by far a better speaker than Obama on his best day. I have to give Joe his props, I think he would be far better than Hillary and not nearly as bad a deal as we could get with a few of the repubs.

I thing he is an honest man underneath it all.

...Call 911.....hurry!

Robert Goren
07-27-2015, 01:16 PM
So you see, I'm not totally racist after-all. :)How quickly you forget what happened in the last quarter of GWB's presidency. A drop of 8.3% in the GDP. Combine that the climbing unemployment rate and failing real estate values which lead to greatest destruction of wealth since the depression. GWB had been in power for almost 8 years so he was as responsible as any president for what happened. Against that backdrop, the slow but steady growth of 2-3% a year looks pretty good. It taken a long time but we getting back to unemployment levels of before the crash. We would be doing even better, if Obama was not hampered by the republican controlled house. If you look at the numbers, you can see exactly when the GOP took control of the house. The growth numbers show small, but markedly decline in the rate of growth since they took over. Far from being the worst president in history, he is closer to the best for leading the country out of the abyss of the GWB presidency.

Tom
07-27-2015, 01:20 PM
We would be doing even better, if Obama was not hampered by the republican controlled house.

BS. he had both houses when he first took office.

Clocker
07-27-2015, 01:34 PM
Far from being the worst president in history, he is closer to the best for leading the country out of the abyss of the GWB presidency.

He did that how? Stimulus spending on shovel ready jobs and investing in green energy like Solyndra? ObamaCare that resulted in employers cutting people back to 30 hour work weeks and keeping head counts under 50?

The economy recovered in spite of Obama, not because of him. He took office in January, 2009. The recession officially ended in June 2009, before any of Obama's economic miracles could even go into effect, let alone have an impact.

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2015, 03:12 PM
We would be doing even better, if Obama was not hampered by the republican controlled house.
That's when Bush's presidency began to look bad, when your home-boys took over the house. So there ya go, cowboy. :)

barn32
07-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Barack Obama is the best President this country has had since Jimmy Carter.

dartman51
07-27-2015, 05:13 PM
Listening to his speech at lunch, he is by far a better speaker than Obama on his best day. I have to give Joe his props, I think he would be far better than Hillary and not nearly as bad a deal as we could get with a few of the repubs.

I thing he is an honest man underneath it all.

...Call 911.....hurry!

Dana Perino said that he is one of the nicest guys you'll meet in D.C. He is one of the few politicians that I could see me sitting down with, throwing back a few beers, and shooting the chit. :) I think it would be very interesting. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
07-27-2015, 06:05 PM
BS. he had both houses when he first took office.And the economy did better once Obama's policies began to take effect. Then when the republicans took control of the house, the recovery slowed down because they stopped many of things the country needed to be done.

Clocker
07-27-2015, 06:38 PM
they stopped many of things the country needed to be done.

Like what?

MutuelClerk
07-27-2015, 06:51 PM
Don't you guys don't understand the reason Trump is a factor?? It's what you're about to argue/discuss. HE said something like our biggest fear isn't ISIS. It's our own politicians intercoursing us everyday. The politicians and parties you are about to defend. They are one in the same.

mostpost
07-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Joe Biden just drove through my front parking lot with Chuck Schumer.
I waved out my window - all five fingers!
He waved back! Same number.

Then they left.

He's here to create thousands of jobs and wipe out poverty in Rochester.
I guess lunch is out.:(
After all this it turns out Tom is a closet Democrat. No lunch but Joe is probably coming to Tom's house for Bar-B-Que tonight. :lol:

Marshall Bennett
07-27-2015, 07:49 PM
And the economy did better once Obama's policies began to take effect. Then when the republicans took control of the house, the recovery slowed down because they stopped many of things the country needed to be done.
Man, what garbage have you been reading? :lol:

elysiantraveller
07-27-2015, 08:29 PM
Don't you guys don't understand the reason Trump is a factor??

Trump is not a factor. Delusional thinking is just running rampant these days. The guy is to a political reporter what Lindsay Lohan was to the paparazzi... its hard to watch, doesn't make any sense, and impossible to turn away from.

Robert Goren
07-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Man, what garbage have you been reading? :lol:It must not be the same GOP lies that you are reading. :lol: I am not the pretending that conservative economic policies that are still be advocated by the GOP did not lead to the 2008 melt down.

Valuist
07-28-2015, 09:07 AM
We are headed, or are already into, a big world slowdown. Greece is just the start. China's markets are tumbling; they helped prop up a number of industries. The US, Europe and Japan try to print their way out, which we know from the past, has NEVER worked. Its gonna get real, real bad.

PaceAdvantage
07-29-2015, 05:00 PM
Trump is not a factor. Delusional thinking is just running rampant these days. The guy is to a political reporter what Lindsay Lohan was to the paparazzi... its hard to watch, doesn't make any sense, and impossible to turn away from.You're living in a different age.

Welcome to the 21st century...

fast4522
07-29-2015, 06:01 PM
Trump is not a factor. Delusional thinking is just running rampant these days. The guy is to a political reporter what Lindsay Lohan was to the paparazzi... its hard to watch, doesn't make any sense, and impossible to turn away from.

This week we needed short term help with orders we have to get out the door.
One guy is doing temp work until he returns to school in three weeks and the other just finished with our armed services as a MP. Both millennials who don't seem to share the opinion you have about Trump. My take was I hope he goes all the way, but I reminded that it is still early yet. Both expressed a less than enthusiastic outlook for a career with Hillary as President or anyone other than Trump, I guess they have no screw ups in their family's. On the first cut looking at millennials on the web it seems they swing left, in person in a state that should confirm the webs skew (MA) suggests Hillary may be in trouble.

elysiantraveller
07-29-2015, 06:15 PM
You're living in a different age.

Welcome to the 21st century...

I recall a very similar discussion involving a Pizza Salesman last cycle.

Tom
07-29-2015, 10:08 PM
Pizzaman never had the following Trump has.

Trump Trumps all!

elysiantraveller
07-29-2015, 10:36 PM

The short bus?

Never thought you'd go full RINO Tom. I know space is limited but I'm sure they'll save you a seat! ;)

Tom
07-29-2015, 10:57 PM
No, opposed to anyone connected to a corrupt and worthless government.
Trump is the only one not tainted by association with the scum of the earth.

Please, have a seat. I'll stand.

ArlJim78
08-11-2015, 11:53 PM
bump...

Joe is starting to loosen up in the bullpen.

The starter is having trouble getting the ball over the plate and could end up getting ejected for delay of game. :lol:

Clocker
08-12-2015, 02:15 AM
bump...

Joe is starting to loosen up in the bullpen.

The starter is having trouble getting the ball over the plate and could end up getting ejected for delay of game. :lol:

You know your party is in trouble when Joe Biden is starting to look like a very viable candidate. :rolleyes:

Buckeye
08-12-2015, 07:42 AM
Let's straighten this out. The Second amendment will decide this. But if we play nice Trump gets elected.

Buckeye
08-12-2015, 07:46 AM
Kind of like a horse race.

sammy the sage
08-12-2015, 07:50 AM
No, opposed to anyone connected to a corrupt and worthless government.
Trump is the only one not tainted by association with the scum of the earth.

Please, have a seat. I'll stand.

this godsend GOLD :lol: :D material...yes Trump has TRUMPETED the truth on some things...but what's HE GOING to do ABOUT them....not a word or peep....it's like the health care bill...gotta elect him to find out... :faint: :rolleyes:

Tom
08-17-2015, 12:19 PM
Excellent speech by Joe at the Chattanooga Memorial services.
Sound very presidential. Very American.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/local/story/2015/aug/16/vice-president-joe-biden-honors-chattanoogsho/320085/

"America never yields, never bends," he said. "Never cowers, never stands down. Endures, responds and always overcomes. Because we are Americans. And never, never underestimate us."

Biden ignored the careful rhetoric of FBI investigators, who have refused to call gunman Mohammad Youssef Abdulazeez a terrorist or say he was motivated by extreme Islam. Instead, Biden placed the attack squarely in the center of America's war on terror by labeling Abdulazeez a "perverted jihadist" and warned America's enemies the nation will not back down.

I hope he runs. Not as an easy one for the repubs to beat, but as a candidate I could see myself voting for. I think he is a man of integrity and principles. And an American.

He will be tough. Things could get interesting real soon.

Greyfox
08-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I think he is a man of integrity and principles. And an American.

Would a man of principles and integrity stand by Obama for any length of time??

thaskalos
08-17-2015, 03:42 PM
A politician with integrity? About as rare as a hen with teeth.

Tom
08-17-2015, 04:01 PM
Just something about Biden I find honest.

_______
08-17-2015, 07:54 PM
He remains an interesting outsider for the Dems if Hillary is crippled.

He can't compete against her in Iowa and would be an underdog to both Sanders and Clinton in New Hampshire. If he runs he'll conceded those and make a firewall in S Carolina. Then play a long game.

Many, myself included, see Clinton as a deeply flawed candidate. She didn't lose in 2008 without reason. It helps that Trump is doing all he can to drive latinos and women voters away from the Republican brand. But I find Hillary inauthentic. It's nice that she finally gave up the server but it would have done her campaign some good had it not taken 5 months.

Inauthentic and insular aren't brands you want to carry either.

Biden would be 10-1 if he announced tomorrow. Which makes him about 10x more likely to win a major nomination than Trump.

Should be an interesting 14+ months.

Clocker
08-17-2015, 08:02 PM
It's nice that she finally gave up the server but it would have done her campaign some good had it not taken 5 months.

The contents of the server had been transferred to an undisclosed location and the server they gave the FBI had been wiped clean by a cybersecurity firm. This was not a good thing for her. It just dug the hole deeper.

NJ Stinks
08-17-2015, 10:40 PM
Joe Biden (72) is too old.
Hillary Clinton (67) is too old.
Bernie Sanders (73) is too old.

The Dems need somebody younger who's a little bit Biden and a little bit Bernie.

Clocker
08-17-2015, 11:06 PM

Voter opposition to ObamaCare wiped out a big chunk of Democrats who would be coming into their political prime about now. The 2010 and 2012 elections resulted in the loss of a lot of up and coming Democrats in Congress and in state governor seats. The survivors were dinosaurs in safe districts like Pelosi and Reid.

xtb
08-18-2015, 01:09 AM

Tom, you can't be serious can you?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/history_lesson/2008/08/the_write_stuff.html

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/joe-bidens-pathetic-history-of-lies-and-plagiarism/question-3240477/

And then from Wiki "He has joined with Democrats in voting against parental notification (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parental_notification) and a ban on abortions on military bases. Biden's record on abortion includes receiving a 100% rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NARAL_Pro-Choice_America) in four of the last five years"

Inner Dirt
08-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I cannot think of anyone since I have followed politics in 1968 that was as successful running negative campaigns as Obama, to me anyone who would run with someone like Obama has no character.

As for abortion I am with the Dems, forcing a woman to have a child she does not want makes no sense to me.

Clocker
08-24-2015, 10:42 AM
Biden met with Elizabeth Warren on Saturday. There is growing speculation of Biden running with a promise to be a one-term president, possibly with Warren as his running mate.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/422951/biden-warren-ticket-2016

newtothegame
08-24-2015, 10:47 AM
I cannot think of anyone since I have followed politics in 1968 that was as successful running negative campaigns as Obama, to me anyone who would run with someone like Obama has no character.

As for abortion I am with the Dems, forcing a woman to have a child she does not want makes no sense to me.

Forcing me, to pay for said child, makes even less sense to me!!!

zico20
08-24-2015, 06:01 PM

What you really mean to say is giving birth to a child. What in the world is so bad about forcing a woman to deliver a baby. Is it the stretch marks she may have? Or how about other people knowing she is pregnant. Maybe being uncomfortable for a few months. Nobody ever forces a woman to keep a child and raise it. That is what adoption is for. Sorry, but aborting a baby for the mothers convenience is a pathetic reason.

fast4522
08-25-2015, 07:42 PM

The Dems need somebody younger who's a little bit Biden and a little bit Bernie.

What is age?

Tom
08-25-2015, 09:14 PM
Sorry, but aborting a baby for the mothers convenience is a pathetic reason.

Better to get to the root cause and abort the alleged mother.

horses4courses
08-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Better to get to the root cause and abort the alleged mother.

Have you ever given birth, Tom?

Forget about casual pregnancies for a minute.
Do you any idea how many women risk death from sustaining child birth?

The whole topic is something that should probably be legislated upon
solely by women. Foolish men have put into law what females should do
with their bodies for far too many years.

Tom
08-25-2015, 09:33 PM

BS reply.
But not unexpected from an OT light weight.
Women have been giving birth since Eve made Adam go out get her some ice cream and a pickle one rainy night.

There are ways to avoid child birth without murdering your baby. You have a real problem understanding what is natural what is not.

Clocker
08-25-2015, 09:44 PM

Have you ever risked death from sustaining child birth? Perhaps you could share why it can take some women 5 or 6 months to come to such a conclusion?

I have no problem with something like Plan B or an immediate emergency procedure. I have a big problem with abortion as buyer's remorse birth control, particularly late term abortion, and especially of sustainable "fetal tissue".

But that's just my own quaint morality.

Tom
08-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Goren is ready to bash their brains out as long as one foot is not out yet.

Somehow, when I hear the term casual pregnancies, I think casual morals - you know, slut.

What a disrespectful way to refer to a human being. Don't all lives matter?

Hoofless_Wonder
08-26-2015, 04:49 AM
What a disrespectful way to refer to a human being. Don't all lives matter?

No. If you push your child to do this, you've forfeited the right to exist as a human being, and should be removed from the gene pool:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/child-of-islamic-state-fighter-beheads-stuffed-animals-in-training/

xtb
08-26-2015, 11:18 AM

Many more people risk death each day getting into their automobiles.

Tom
08-26-2015, 01:26 PM
Some people risk head aches by thinking, so they don't very often.

AndyC
08-26-2015, 02:26 PM
.....Do you any idea how many women risk death from sustaining child birth?.....

I don't, enlighten me. Please include how much of a risk is taken. 1%, 5%, 95%.

Clocker
08-27-2015, 03:50 PM
The plot thickens. AFL-CIO President Richard Trumka is dropping by the Biden residence for a little chat.

https://twitter.com/markknoller/status/636938266109964288

Valuist
09-05-2015, 12:11 PM

Trump Trumps all!

I don't know....after the Arlington Million, The Pizzaman has developed quite a following.

classhandicapper
09-05-2015, 04:42 PM

I've heard this argument for decades. The implication is that men are unable to determine the morality of abortion because they aren't women and don't get pregnant.

I'm calling BS.

Women have no problem determining the morality of the some of the things men do even though they've never been men.

Tom
09-05-2015, 04:51 PM
The woman has the choice to NOT get pregnant.
Pregnancies do not just happen.

PaceAdvantage
09-08-2015, 12:23 PM
The woman has the choice to NOT get pregnant.
Pregnancies do not just happen.There are no doubt instances where a woman can become pregnant through absolutely no fault of her own.

We're talking rape...incest..you get the picture.

I am NOT for banning abortion altogether...in every circumstance...however, abortion HAS become just another form of contraception for many women, and that just has to stop.

Tom
09-08-2015, 12:30 PM
Yes, the exceptions.
More often then not, the woman makes the choice.

Inner Dirt
09-08-2015, 01:18 PM
What you really mean to say is giving birth to a child. What in the world is so bad about forcing a woman to deliver a baby. Is it the stretch marks she may have? Or how about other people knowing she is pregnant. Maybe being uncomfortable for a few months. Nobody ever forces a woman to keep a child and raise it. That is what adoption is for. Sorry, but aborting a baby for the mothers convenience is a pathetic reason.

My concern is how she would take care of herself for 9 months. I could see her doing things that would cause life long harm to the health of the child.
I have seen previously sane women have mental issues when pregnant, what
happens to one who doesn't want to carry a baby for 9 months?

Tom
09-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Forced sterilization?

Tor Ekman
09-10-2015, 05:25 PM
For a guy who's entire life has been about becoming president, however hopeless that seemed in past efforts, now, when it appears that he has a legitimate path to the presidency, I can't understand what he is waiting for to throw his hat in the ring.

Robert Goren
09-10-2015, 05:45 PM
For a guy who's entire life has been about becoming president, however hopeless that seemed in past efforts, now, when it appears that he has a legitimate path to the presidency, I can't understand what he is waiting for to throw his hat in the ring. Maybe because he has seen up close what being president entails and at an age where most people have retired, he does not want to take on that job. All you have to do is look at the before and after pictures of any two term president of either party and you can see why it is a young man's job. The stress is tremendous.

fast4522
09-10-2015, 07:05 PM
I think he will be pushed into it, if they don't get JB to go for it God help us John Kerry will.

Tor Ekman
09-10-2015, 07:24 PM
I think he will be pushed into it, if they don't get JB to go for it God help us John Kerry will.
Or savior of planet Earth, Al Bore

FantasticDan
09-11-2015, 12:07 PM
Biden on Colbert last nite:

opVaEC_WxWs

XwmMPytjrK4

Saratoga_Mike
09-18-2018, 09:40 AM

I agree.

HalvOnHorseracing
09-18-2018, 01:03 PM
I will only say this. I met Biden at a White House function (and I have the picture to prove it) and chatted with him for five minutes. Political and personal feelings aside, he is a really fun guy to talk to.

Ocala Mike
09-18-2018, 02:03 PM
I met him down here at an Obama rally on some horse farm back in 2012. Definitely personable and down to earth straight talker is Uncle Joe.

cordoba
09-18-2018, 02:05 PM
Clinton will not run ever again. That's a fact jack.

Tom
09-18-2018, 04:36 PM
Did she really run last time, Jack?

Lemon Drop Husker
09-18-2018, 06:13 PM
Have you ever given birth, Tom?

There are procedures that prevent women from dying from child birth, the most prevalent being a c-section.

The 'supposed' US average is 2 women per 100,000 births. That is a horrible number that is above other developed countries.

While that is information one can quickly Google search, I'm sure I'm being guided to Leftist crap on the subject before I actually do a deep dive into the true facts.

Why men shouldn't be able to have a voice on such a topic is incredibly absurd. A man was involved in such a pregnancy, and should have a say in anything that involved his participation in having a child. To think anything otherwise is crazy.