PDA

View Full Version : my handicap of the Belmont Stakes

playintheponies
06-04-2004, 05:22 AM
My Handicap of the Belmont, by playintheponies

Purge and Smarty Jones are the speed.

Purge is stuck with the lead, Smarty Jones stalks him and puts him away on the final turn. Smarty opens up an insurmountable lead, he tires somewhat in the late stages but cannot be caught.

Purge falters from his early efforts. Rock Hard Ten makes a brilliant middle move to range up to second when Purge starts to fall back, then RHT flattens out.

Birdstone and Eddington rally and battle for the place. There is another battle for 4th money between Master David, Rock Hard Ten and Royal Assault. Tap Dancer is behind them. Caiman does not belong.

Now I have to work on the rest of the card. Doubtful to find any value in the doubles with Smarty. Will look to bet the Pick 3 - races 9, 10 & 11 and the Pick 4 - races 8 thru 11.

to quote the track announcer at Calder "may all of your photo finishes be winning ones"

Best Regards, playintheponies

kenwoodallpromos
06-04-2004, 01:27 PM
You sound reasonable- 70% chance of 1/4" rain- do you think the track will be sealed and wet fast like KY derby, or just moist like Preakness? Could be muddy like AR Derby. Oh yeh- Smarty won all 3 with more competitiors.

playintheponies
06-04-2004, 06:38 PM
very very light rain in Baltimore at sunset today, don't know what to expect in NY, if the track super only expects 1/4:" of rain it is doubtful he will seal the track