PDA

View Full Version : Remember Anthony Kim?

Neumeier
07-25-2015, 08:40 PM
He was a very good PGA player. Maybe even in the top 10-15 a few years back.

The reason you don't see him anymore is because he had a $20 million dollar insurance policy if he gets injured. If he goes back on tour he has to pay it back.

This isn't new news but I've been surprised how many people havent heard about this. I've never heard of a case like this.

cj
07-25-2015, 08:57 PM

The reason you don't see him anymore is because he had a $20 million dollar insurance policy if he gets injured. If he goes back on tour he has to pay it back.

This isn't new news but I've been surprised how many people havent heard about this. I've never heard of a case like this.

Last I heard he is fighting it, which I take to mean he thinks he can give it a go. But obviously he doesn't want to risk the 20 million.

thaskalos
07-25-2015, 09:42 PM
Any word on the cost of such an insurance policy?

I'd like to insure MYSELF...in case I get injured and can no longer gamble.

cj
07-25-2015, 09:55 PM
Any word on the cost of such an insurance policy?

I'd like to insure MYSELF...in case I get injured and can no longer gamble.

I almost needed a policy after the Sanford DQ today.

ManU918
07-25-2015, 10:01 PM
He will never be seen with a club in his hand again. He can be found these days partying in Vegas with high stakes poker players.

Tee
09-30-2015, 03:50 PM
http://www.golfchannel.com/news/doug-ferguson/anthony-kim-speaks-golf-only-fond-memory-mine/

mountainman
10-11-2015, 10:30 AM
He was grossly overhyped. Young Asian/American with swag and distance! But before exiting the scene, Kim proved he just wasn't THAT good. 20 mil (before taxes) was MORE than a bargain for his rapidly depreciating future, and he knows it.

AndyC
10-11-2015, 10:54 AM
He was grossly overhyped. Young Asian/American with swag and distance! But before exiting the scene, Kim proved he just wasn't THAT good. 20 mil (before taxes) was MORE than a bargain for his rapidly depreciating future, and he knows it.

How did he "prove" that he wasn't that good? By playing poorly with an injury?

AndyC
10-11-2015, 10:58 AM

With the prize money and endorsements available today $20 million really isn't a huge number. I don't think he enjoyed the grind of the PGA tour.

mountainman
10-18-2015, 10:27 AM
How did he "prove" that he wasn't that good? By playing poorly with an injury?

He was rapidly becoming an underachiever. Before the injury. And comparing hype to realization is a subjective thing. As is factoring in the impact of an injury.

mountainman
10-18-2015, 10:32 AM
With the prize money and endorsements available today $20 million really isn't a huge number.

Anthony Kim wasn't headed there anytime soon.