PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga dirt bias ?

taxicab
07-25-2015, 02:58 PM
Perhaps....
Still waiting for a speed horse to find the winners circle.
It looks like the closers have an edge.

mikesal57
07-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Perhaps....
Still waiting for a speed horse to find the winners circle.
It looks like the closers have an edge.

Give it time buddy...

race 1 ..horse ran 2nd all the way to win
race 4..horses 1 & 2 broke out but looks like the 6 1/2 furs done them in..

race 6 should better tell

mike

taxicab
07-25-2015, 03:53 PM
Give it time buddy...

race 1 ..horse ran 2nd all the way to win
race 4..horses 1 & 2 broke out but looks like the 6 1/2 furs done them in..

race 6 should better tell

mike

My bad....I should of mentioned yesterday was included also.
In two days no horse on the lead turning for home has won.
Stalkers should be OK.

mikesal57
07-25-2015, 03:57 PM
A good thread to start is how to determine a track bias.....

For me is to see where the first 2 horses at the 1st quarter end up...
and look at the qtr time
and then compare to other races

mike

EMD4ME
09-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread for it BUT I had the rail negative on 9/1.

Race 1 screamed minus rail to me.

Race 4 is the next dirt race. Let's see if it continues. I'll be betting it does.

EMD4ME
09-03-2016, 08:52 AM
I'm interested to see how the rail plays today. Saturdays tend to have a solid rail. Especially super Saturdays.

I saw at least a hint of a negative rail yesterday. Especially in race 1.

DeltaLover
09-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Comparing with last year's results I do not detect any significant anti w2w bias in the SPA

http://i65.tinypic.com/35m1sw7.png

deelo
09-03-2016, 12:07 PM
I only look into track bias if things occur that don't make sense.

Trying to zero in and actively search for a bias on a daily basis will often lead you astray from good handicapping.

EMD4ME
09-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Comparing with last year's results I do not detect any significant anti w2w bias in the SPA

http://i65.tinypic.com/35m1sw7.png

Good info my friend but I'm not talking about the meet. Talking about the last 2 days.

EMD4ME
09-03-2016, 12:13 PM
I only look into track bias if things occur that don't make sense.

Trying to zero in and actively search for a bias on a daily basis will often lead you astray from good handicapping.

And IMHO if you dont know how the track played everyday you are in deep trouble.

Tom
09-03-2016, 01:24 PM
Merry-go-round in the second - 13 shot holds off the heavy favorite.
No meaningful moves by anything.

EMD4ME
09-03-2016, 01:32 PM
Merry-go-round in the second - 13 shot holds off the heavy favorite.
No meaningful moves by anything.

Just what I suspected, the old Saturday make the rail a highway move.

This is why I love the late Pick 5 idea. Gives you time to see how the track is playing.

AltonKelsey
09-04-2016, 12:36 AM
And IMHO if you dont know how the track played everyday you are in deep trouble.

Sort of like running on the dead rail?

EMD4ME
09-04-2016, 09:40 AM
Sort of like running on the dead rail?

Or a third rail on the subway line :lol:

classhandicapper
09-06-2016, 09:26 AM
One thing I noticed over the weekend was that the maintenance crew wasn't particularly consistent about when they were watering the dirt surface. I saw an example of a couple of turf races between two dirt races and they didn't water for the next dirt race and I saw watering between two consecutive dirt races.

I'm sure they are trying to produce a consistent and safe surface, but when it's sunny the moisture content of the surface almost has to be changing from race to race.

I'm not smart enough to call a bias correctly after a single race all the time, but varying moisture content could account for days when the track seems to be playing a certain way for a few races and then suddenly changes or even changes twice on the same card.

I'm becoming way more sensitive to speed/closer advantages on the single race level than I used to be by watching races, looking at the field makeup, and looking at the race flow, but inside/outside biases are really risky to call based on individual races.

Cratos
09-06-2016, 11:51 AM

and look at the qtr time

mike
You are correct, but how many will understand it because the correct surface resistance (track bias) is not calculated the way it is stated today.

johnhannibalsmith
09-06-2016, 01:01 PM
Probably a similar percentage as those that are able to figure out the approximate length of a month without grasping the intricacies of lunar phases.

classhandicapper
09-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Someone should start that bias thread. I'm sure plenty of people will comment.

Tom
09-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Probably a similar percentage as those that are able to figure out the approximate length of a month without grasping the intricacies of lunar phases.

With or without the wind?

EMD4ME
09-06-2016, 01:36 PM
Someone should start that bias thread. I'm sure plenty of people will comment.

Give me time. I'll do it.

Cratos
09-06-2016, 01:52 PM
Good, you are the person start it and i will gladly contribute

cj
09-06-2016, 02:25 PM
You are correct, but how many will understand it because the correct surface resistance (track bias) is not calculated the way it is stated today.

Give it a rest. Stop trying to take every thread in the same direction.

Cratos
09-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Give it a rest. Stop trying to take every thread in the same direction.
What direction that might be?

cj
09-06-2016, 03:19 PM
What direction that might be?

The one that leads to lots of deletions.

classhandicapper
09-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Give me time. I'll do it.

If you want to see an interesting track, watch the races at PARX yesterday (9/5/16).

cj
09-06-2016, 04:41 PM
That is your schick; delete what you don't understand.

Truly feel sorry for you

I understand just fine, as does nearly everyone else. We just get tired of hearing the same things over and over and over and over and over ad nauseam. You don't listen to anyone else or say anything new. You just get on your pulpit and re-spew the same information.

DeltaLover
09-06-2016, 04:56 PM

You have repeated many times this type of statements while but never provided and concrete description of your version of "the correct surface resistance".

Your continuous referral to elementary mechanics and Newtonian physics do not give a concrete and refutable theory but rather they consist of open ended arguments that are impossible to be tested and verified.

If you do not decide to describe your approach in a detailed and refined fashion directly applicable to real data it might be better for you to remain silent (otherwise you are simply trolling and nothing more than this) .

thaskalos
09-06-2016, 11:26 PM
You have repeated many times this type of statements while but never provided and concrete description of your version of "the correct surface resistance".

Your continuous referral to elementary mechanics and Newtonian physics do not give a concrete and refutable theory but rather they consist of open ended arguments that are impossible to be tested and verified.

If you do not decide to describe your approach in a detailed and refined fashion directly applicable to real data it might be better for you to remain silent (otherwise you are simply trolling and nothing more than this) .

Careful now. You are talking about a guy who has been known to plunk down $200,000 to win on a single horse.

rsetup
09-06-2016, 11:56 PM
Careful now. You are talking about a guy who has been known to plunk down $200,000 to win on a single horse.I could be wrong but I seem to recall first encountering this dude a bunch of years ago whete he claimed to show a profit at some abvreviated meet in the boondocks of India. On this forum, too.

thaskalos
09-07-2016, 12:00 AM
I could be wrong but I seem to recall first encountering this dude a bunch of years ago whete he claimed to show a profit at some abvreviated meet in the boondocks of India. On this forum, too.

No...that was another guy.

ReplayRandall
09-07-2016, 12:03 AM
I could be wrong but I seem to recall first encountering this dude a bunch of years ago whete he claimed to show a profit at some abvreviated meet in the boondocks of India. On this forum, too.

That poster was speculus (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/member.php?u=1996)....

bobphilo
09-07-2016, 09:24 PM

and look at the qtr time

mike
To ignore whether these first 2 early leaders figured to win or whether they had a pace advantage makes the notion of so-called track bias dubious.