PDA

View Full Version : Adios Eliminations tomorrow night

RaceTrackDaddy
07-24-2015, 11:03 PM
19 horses entered in the Adios this year. Of the 19, only one competed in both the NA Cup and the Meadowlands Pace, that being Rock N’ Roll World who missed the final at Mohawk but did make the Final at the Big M.

Only one other competed in the NA Cup, Yankee Bounty who made the final.

Three entered the Meadowlands Pace with two making the final. Trader Up did not make it to the end but both Badiou Hanover and Dude’s The Man competed against the top horse Jiggle It Wiggle It and got second at 38/1.

Still we will hear Roger announce prior to the race “here are the top three years colts in racing today”. I would love to have Roger (who votes for the top ten in harness) give us his definition of Top Three Year Old Colt Pacers.

Meadows can only get five horses from the two biggest races of the year to attend this track. Why don’t they move the Adios to where the Top horses will attend?

Just reading the above one should hope that those mentioned above make it to the final. Of them all, Dude’s The Man has to be the pre-race favorite to win it all. The Meadows can be unkind to top horses, just off the top of my head, Blissful Hall wins the triple crown but got beat by Washington VC in the Adios (Palone’s only Adios win I believe).

Sea Biscuit
07-24-2015, 11:54 PM
19 horses entered in the Adios this year. Of the 19, only one competed in both the NA Cup and the Meadowlands Pace, that being Rock N’ Roll World who missed the final at Mohawk but did make the Final at the Big M.

Only one other competed in the NA Cup, Yankee Bounty who made the final.

Three entered the Meadowlands Pace with two making the final. Trader Up did not make it to the end but both Badiou Hanover and Dude’s The Man competed against the top horse Jiggle It Wiggle It and got second at 38/1.

Still we will hear Roger announce prior to the race “here are the top three years colts in racing today”. I would love to have Roger (who votes for the top ten in harness) give us his definition of Top Three Year Old Colt Pacers.

Meadows can only get five horses from the two biggest races of the year to attend this track. Why don’t they move the Adios to where the Top horses will attend?

Just reading the above one should hope that those mentioned above make it to the final. Of them all, Dude’s The Man has to be the pre-race favorite to win it all. The Meadows can be unkind to top horses, just off the top of my head, Blissful Hall wins the triple crown but got beat by Washington VC in the Adios (Palone’s only Adios win I believe).

RTD Can you tell us why Wiggle It is not entered for the Adios?

Was he not eligible?

RaceTrackDaddy
07-25-2015, 12:15 AM
RTD Can you tell us why Wiggle It is not entered for the Adios?

Was he not eligible?

back in January I went to the Hambletonian site and recall that he was there eligible with only one more stake payment to be made by March 15th I believe. So in April, I went to go see who was there, the list was reduced some as there were many that didn't keep their payments. I noticed that WIJI was not there but Artspeak and IN the Arsenal were. I do know that the only horse to beat WIJI was not eligible also but didn't recall seeing his name in Jan.

I only have to guess that the connections chose for other venues or a rest after the Pace getting him ready for the latter races.

RaceTrackDaddy
07-25-2015, 10:07 PM
Stupid question:
Did anyone remember to watch these eliminations for the Adios live tonight?
I totally forget as I had one computer screen with greyhounds at Palm Beach and Wheeling Downs while I had the laptop with Del Mar and Saratoga (H) on. \

My tv (and I get the Meadows live on my cable) was set on channel 29 watching the Washington Nationals beating up the Pirates.

Tell the truth, I don't miss that track. Looking at the charts none of them could get close to WIJI if he was eligible. Heck, In The Arsenal and Artspeak would have crushed them too.

Looks like it is going to be a Burke Adios again, like they did in 2007 when they had five entered in the final.

Like my friend Augie said many times, the same people will show up and cheer the 1:51 Adios that the Meadows puts on display and be happy. They don't know any better.