PDA

View Full Version : Firefox 39.0

gillenr
07-24-2015, 04:48 PM
Several questions.
Is there a way for it to open with a "blank" page instead of the mozilla home page?
How can I get it to open with wider zoom?
In IE next to the fwd/back buttons is a drop-down for previous pages - is there one for FF.
Thanks

AndyC
07-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Several questions.
Is there a way for it to open with a "blank" page instead of the mozilla home page?
How can I get it to open with wider zoom?
In IE next to the fwd/back buttons is a drop-down for previous pages - is there one for FF.
Thanks

Yes. Click on the three parallel lines in the right corner and go into options. In options go to "general" and you can change it under "startup".

gillenr
07-25-2015, 01:01 PM
Thanks Andy. Any help for the other two?

Also, when I open a pdf in ff, it looks like I need more ink! I'm using Foxit. When I "save as" & open, it is fine.

Thanks

Clocker
07-25-2015, 01:46 PM
Thanks

Click on the Menu icon on the far right, the one with 3 horizontal bars. Then click on History. That will show you the previous pages visited and the recent tabs that you have closed.

headhawg
07-25-2015, 02:07 PM
You could right-click the the Back arrow to the left of your address bar. It also contains your history. There's probably an add-on for forward/back buttons but I'm not sure.

Red Knave
07-25-2015, 03:05 PM
You could right-click the the Back arrow to the left of your address bar. It also contains your history. There's probably an add-on for forward/back buttons but I'm not sure.
Huh, didn't know about the right click. Same effect if you click and hold the back button. edit: Well, duh, if I had waited for (and read) the tooltip I would have seen that too.
You automatically get a forward arrow if you go back at least one page.

gillenr, what do you mean by "wider zoom"?. To get more info on screen, reduce the font size (or get a bigger monitor ;) ) or do you mean something else?

gillenr
07-25-2015, 03:42 PM
Red, I guess what I want is the ability to easily change the zoom factor like I can in IE. Sometimes my laptop is on my lap, other times 3 feet away.

098poi
07-25-2015, 05:20 PM
If you hold down the Ctrl key and hit + you can zoom in and Ctrl - will back off.

headhawg
07-25-2015, 06:08 PM
Ctrl +/- works great. I also use an add-on called NoSquint which lets me configure the zoom level either globally or per site. I wouldn't be without it. :)

098poi
07-25-2015, 06:29 PM
Ctrl +/- works great. I also use an add-on called NoSquint which lets me configure the zoom level either globally or per site. I wouldn't be without it. :)

I just installed that, pretty cool thanks.