PDA

View Full Version : Visa Triple Crown .. no promo

BeatTheChalk
06-03-2004, 11:30 PM
So I called the local NBC station. I figured that there were some
ads running .. and I had simply missed them ... Because I dont
watch the local channel.....
Ready ... Visa made 2 buys ... One for Friday and one for
Saturday. I guess I dont understand the business anymore..
and one of the spots concerns the Local Track here ..tied in
with the Visa Promo.

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say. Why should Visa spend money to promote something that everyone knows about? The race and the horse promote themselves.

The same logic applies to why you hardly see any ads for movies that are very popular. However, movies that everyone can see will suck, you'll see an advertisement for every 10 minutes.

KingChas
06-04-2004, 12:21 AM
All I know is Visa advertises to me once a month.In my lifetime I have helped donate to the 5 million$ bonus many times.Does this mean I'm a shareholder?

Least Visa could do is send me a Smarty Jones shirt.

sq764
06-04-2004, 12:35 AM
And shouldn't Visa be saving their money since there's a good chance they will be paying out 5 mill in 2 days?

JustRalph
06-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by sq764
And shouldn't Visa be saving their money since there's a good chance they will be paying out 5 mill in 2 days?

5 mil is chickensh$% to Visa.............. they have received years of free advertising on this deal. They are making out like bandits. No need to advertise. Every Race fan in the world knows about the 5 mil bonus and the non race fans who are reading about Smarty Jones are getting it in the columns they read.