PDA

View Full Version : Saratoga Friday Race 8

Robert Fischer
07-23-2015, 09:20 PM
Good betting race. $90K purse is nearly stakes level.
Variety of running styles and opinions to be had.

Who do you like?

How does the pace scenario look?

letswastemoney
07-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Pulling Gs will have the right style, but he's only 3/1 on the ML.

Juba is popular with fans online, and I don't know why. We'll see if they bet.

Scatter Joy should be up front early, especially with Paco Lopez riding. Maybe he duels with Juba.

jefftune
07-23-2015, 10:15 PM
Scatter Joy has superior speed - will be tough to catch. 41% of six furlong races were won wire-to-wire in 2014 at the Spa.

Lemon Drop Husker
07-23-2015, 10:44 PM
I'm all in on :3: Doubledown Again :6: Doc Almon

:4: Scatterjoy is cheap early speed stepping up HUGE in class. Last time he ran at this level he was a mere 27 lengths back.

The :7: Life In Shambles is the wildcard in here. He has some really nice races in his back class that could win this race. Looks to be working well. Clemente and Irad in the irons? Very very interesting at a ML of 12/1.

The :8:? He'll close into hitting the bottom of the trifecta to ruin a decent price at an overbet 3/1.

salty
07-24-2015, 03:06 AM
:6: Doc Almon Top Choice

3:2-1-0 at three seperate tracks in one month makes me feel pretty good

:3: Doubledown Again Dangerous

:5: Manhattan Mischeif Big Wild Card

JBmadera
07-24-2015, 05:34 AM
Scatter Joy has superior speed - will be tough to catch. 41% of six furlong races were won wire-to-wire in 2014 at the Spa.

Cheap or not I'm in on the :4: too. Will box with the :3: :ThmbUp:

Robert Fischer
07-24-2015, 12:00 PM
WOW Juba is a scratch.

Looks like Scatter Joy could be lone speed.

Life In Shambles now has a chance to be hustled early and have a clear tracking trip. Certainly helps his stock under vertical exotics.

I'm not too high on either in terms of ability, but the pace scenario is certainly in their favor.

ReplayRandall
07-24-2015, 12:07 PM
WOW Juba is a scratch.

Looks like Scatter Joy could be lone speed.

Life In Shambles now has a chance to be hustled early and have a clear tracking trip. Certainly helps his stock under vertical exotics.

I'm not too high on either in terms of ability, but the pace scenario is certainly in their favor.

Agree with your synopsis, as well as LDH's: :7:- Life in Shambles is the play......

letswastemoney
07-24-2015, 12:41 PM
Not sure if it will be worth the bet, but :4: Scatter Joy is my pick now too.

Ocala Mike
07-24-2015, 01:05 PM
:7: win/place for me.

Robert Fischer
07-24-2015, 01:13 PM
:6::4::3::7:

I'll also use 4 Scatter Joy on top in some 'B' tix.

3 Doubledown Again can move into contention or take a brief lead with a strong middle move. I want him 2nd and 3rd on some tickets.

7 Life In Shambles is becoming a wise-guy horse. He could certainly contend with a speed favoring trip or win with a new top.

letswastemoney
07-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Interesting tote board.

No horse is really being overbet. They all look about where they should be.

letswastemoney
07-24-2015, 05:01 PM
Pulling Gs will have the right style, but he's only 3/1 on the ML.

Juba is popular with fans online, and I don't know why. We'll see if they bet.

Scatter Joy should be up front early, especially with Paco Lopez riding. Maybe he duels with Juba.Damn, my original choice wins.

I would have tried something if Juba stayed in the race. Oh well.

Robert Fischer
07-24-2015, 05:04 PM
Powerful win by 8 Pulling G's. I didn't like him at all.

Interesting tote board.

No horse is really being overbet. They all look about where they should be.

Yea.
I couldn't make a value bet in race 8. I did have willpays to the 6 as well as the 4 for doubles.
Oh well. I'm happy with what I had going, just didn't get it this time.

NorCalGreg
07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Damn, my original choice wins.

LOL talked yourself out of the winner, did ya? I do that too many times to count :)

letswastemoney
07-24-2015, 06:05 PM
LOL talked yourself out of the winner, did ya? I do that too many times to count :)Well, my original logic was that Juba and Scatter Joy would duel and set it up for a closer like Pulling Gs.

Once Juba was out, I didn't think Pulling Gs would have enough pace to work with. But, I was wrong.

Pulling Gs had some high numbers in his first few starts. He got a 114 TimeformUS number in his career debut last fall at Belmont, and I thought his future was bright. For some reason, he hasn't developed as quickly as imagined. But, there is some talent there.