PDA

View Full Version : Curalina and the Filly Triple Tiara

RacingFan1992
07-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Do you think if Curalina wins the Coaching Club American Oaks she would go for the Alabama Stakes to complete the Filly Triple Tiara? (P.S. I have issues with the configuration and the name of the series, just saying) There has not been a Filly Triple Crown winner since Sky Beauty won it in 1993 (different configuration). Me, personally, I would love to see a configuration that tests the sprinter as well as the stayer.

letswastemoney
07-23-2015, 08:50 PM
Even if Curalina accomplished the feat, few people will care. It's not something that fans hype like the spring Triple Crown.

I picked her though in my new article (https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/13225/coaching-club-american-oaks-curalina.html). Her race going two turns at Churchill Downs was excellent

RacingFan1992
07-23-2015, 09:04 PM
Even if Curalina accomplished the feat, few people will care. It's not something that fans hype like the spring Triple Crown.

I picked her though in my new article (https://www.ladyandthetrack.com/news/13225/coaching-club-american-oaks-curalina.html). Her race going two turns at Churchill Downs was excellent

Yeah I know. Lest we forget the Strub Series, Grand Slam of Grass, Handicap Triple, and National and New York Filly series or the American Championship Racing Series.

letswastemoney
07-23-2015, 09:37 PM
Yeah I know. Lest we forget the Strub Series, Grand Slam of Grass, Handicap Triple, and National and New York Filly series or the American Championship Racing Series.I liked the Strub series.

Not sure what the Grand Slam of Grass is, or the Handicap Triple...and I've been around a long time.

I remember the ACRS. It had a points system.

RacingFan1992
07-23-2015, 09:49 PM
I liked the Strub series.

Not sure what the Grand Slam of Grass is, or the Handicap Triple...and I've been around a long time.

I remember the ACRS. It had a points system.

The New York Handicap Triple was the Metropolitan, Brooklyn, and Suburban Handicaps and the Grand Slam of Grass was the Colonial Turf Cup, Virginia Derby, Secretariat Stakes, and Breeders' Cup Turf.

RacingFan1992
07-27-2015, 12:04 AM
Well two down and one to go. Kinda wish she didn't win it on a DQ.

Thomas Roulston
07-27-2015, 09:56 AM
Include Betty is sooooo winning the Alabama.

RacingFan1992
07-27-2015, 03:33 PM
Include Betty is sooooo winning the Alabama.

Ya never know.