PDA

View Full Version : The Spa and the In-State Racetracks

Cratos
07-23-2015, 07:37 PM
Saratoga is opening tomorrow and I have attached layouts for all of the thoroughbred racetracks in New York State because it has been my experience that the majority of the Spa’s shippers are from the in-state racetracks.

Some Tips:

• At Belmont the turf sprint is on the Widener Course and is at 6F long. When they move to Saratoga the turf sprint is at 5-1/2F and is on the smaller Mellon Course with sharper turns.
• The milers from Belmont will be dropping back to 7F at the Spa and the 6F’ers will be stretching out on the Spa’s main track; a classic case of speed versus stamina.
• If the past history holds up, there will be many 1M and 1-1/16M turf race run on both turf courses.
• The marathon route races on both turf courses are 3-turn races and the side forces will have their say in the end.

Also I updated the Saratoga Racetrack's turf courses with all of the dimensions for the frequent run turf races.

Good luck and I hope these layouts will help.

stuball
07-23-2015, 09:18 PM
what does that mean the side firces will have their way..does that favor horses on the inside or outside? Do you have a thread that explains the horses
stamina verses speed.advantages..?

Stuball :confused: :confused:

Prytanis
07-23-2015, 09:30 PM
At Belmont they run 6f turf races on both inner and widener.

thespaah
07-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Saratoga is opening tomorrow and I have attached layouts for all of the thoroughbred racetracks in New York State because it has been my experience that the majority of the Spa’s shippers are from the in-state racetracks.

Some Tips:

• At Belmont the turf sprint is on the Widener Course and is at 6F long. When they move to Saratoga the turf sprint is at 5-1/2F and is on the smaller Mellon Course with sharper turns.
• The milers from Belmont will be dropping back to 7F at the Spa and the 6F’ers will be stretching out on the Spa’s main track; a classic case of speed versus stamina.
• If the past history holds up, there will be many 1M and 1-1/16M turf race run on both turf courses.
• The marathon route races on both turf courses are 3-turn races and the side forces will have their say in the end.

Also I updated the Saratoga Racetrack's turf courses with all of the dimensions for the frequent run turf races.

Good luck and I hope these layouts will help.

Ok...I made an error..Thought the compass rose was off.....
Anyway, from where do you get these images?...
And , thanks for posting!

Secondbest
07-23-2015, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the layouts.

highnote
07-27-2015, 11:27 AM
Cratos,

Those racetrack graphics are terrific! Nice job!

Betonred
07-08-2016, 04:48 PM
Cratos,

I'm new to PA, but not to handicapping.

I actually just joined PA because I read a post of yours from July 17, 2013 - that was saved on a web search page - that gave great detail of the actual distances and turn distances at Belmont and Saratoga. Loved it! One of the most informative pieces I've ever read.

At the end of that post you stated "I attached a chart which I downloaded from the Internet which show turns by race distance at various racetracks in North America ".

Might you direct me to that chart? And any others related to it?

Now, I find these invaluable diagrams for all NY (thoroughbred) tracks. Wow.
Are there more like them at other circuits?

Thank you.