PDA

View Full Version : Nobody posting about the white guy who died after being hogtied by police?

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2015, 10:15 AM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-hogtied-by-mississippi-police-dies-as-wife-alleges-threats-over-hospital-visit/ar-AAdiYqD?ocid=mailsignout

Here you go...

BTW, nice to see a father of a 15-month-old tripping out on LSD at a rock concert with the misses...

Police usually hogtie people for no reason other than being black I thought... :rolleyes:

Fager Fan
07-22-2015, 10:44 AM
I hadn't heard about it, which goes to the point you're making.

Marshall Bennett
07-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Whites are beaten and kicked around routinely by police. It's boring stuff, however, and not deemed newsworthy by the MSM.
South Louisiana highway patrol was once notorious for dealing harshly with travelers from out of state. Color didn't matter. Backtalk or argue with a cop and you'd end up face-down shot on the side of the road or in a swamp. 60 minutes even ran a story about the horrors of Plaquemines Parrish south of New Orleans. Most victims were white, and little if any of it was ever publicized.

PaceAdvantage
07-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Whites are beaten and kicked around routinely by police. It's boring stuff, however, and not deemed newsworthy by the MSM.
South Louisiana highway patrol was once notorious for dealing harshly with travelers from out of state. Color didn't matter. Backtalk or argue with a cop and you'd end up face-down shot on the side of the road or in a swamp. 60 minutes even ran a story about the horrors of Plaquemines Parrish south of New Orleans. Most victims were white, and little if any of it was ever publicized.Well it should have been.

Just backtalk or argument got you shot, eh? I find this hard to believe.

Hank
07-22-2015, 05:38 PM
Really?

Robert Goren
07-22-2015, 06:14 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/man-hogtied-by-mississippi-police-dies-as-wife-alleges-threats-over-hospital-visit/ar-AAdiYqD?ocid=mailsignout

Here you go...

BTW, nice to see a father of a 15-month-old tripping out on LSD at a rock concert with the misses...

Police usually hogtie people for no reason other than being black I thought... :rolleyes:So that some how makes it right? The police abuse their power all time against people of all races and too often get a way with it. Blacks are beginning to make a big deal out of it, rightfully so. Whites, Latinos, Asian-Americans and anybody should too. A few rotten apples get into police departments every year and it is very hard to get them out before the cause a death or a serious injury. Even then, the police-can-do-no-wrong come out to defend them. Now days, the rule seems to be "No video, nothing wrong was done".

Robert Goren
07-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Well it should have been.

Just backtalk or argument got you shot, eh? I find this hard to believe. Maybe, maybe not. But most of the time it will get you a night or two in jail. Try it sometime and see what happens!
How many policemen do you know or have dealt with? I used to have off-duty policemen working security for me. Probably about 25 over the years. The cooperate office had a policy, every employee had to go through a drug test and back ground check. No exceptions. The cops were always angry when they were told that. About half refused to do it. My question was it matter ego with them or were they trying to hide something? I do not have an answer to that question. I was always scared that I might get pulled over by one of the cops that refuse to go through the drug test and back ground check. But luckily I never was. Ah, the fun of running a parking garage in the middle of the college bar scene. How I miss it!

burnsy
07-22-2015, 07:22 PM

Here you go...

Police usually hogtie people for no reason other than being black I thought... :rolleyes:

I go to a lot of concerts so I heard about this right away. Justice should be blind, color should not matter. My problem with some cops is the lack of respect and the use of force when its not necessary. If you are tripping on drugs or better yet, fail to use a turn signal or are selling "loosies" on the streets of NYC.....you should not wind up dead. If you get caught robbing a store and resist...that's a different story. What happens, happens....you tried to rob a freaking store!

The society and cops are losing a grip on taking each case individually and sorting out priorities and seriousness. People that don't use a turn signal or are high, usually are not dangerous criminals. The cops get a lot of crap because some of them treat people like shit for very minor mistakes....If one has a God complex or power issues, they should not be a cop. Unfortunately, the job attracts some of those morons, I know first hand. There are times you use force and there are times you gotta back off and talk to people. Some of my friends are cops, the good ones understand this.

I could give a crap about color, I don't feel sorry for a robber getting shot, but some of these others, c'mon man! There's no justifying it even if the person gave you a load of crap. That's your job and you chose to do it. There will be high people, belligerent people and protesters...that's life in America, deal with it!

RunForTheRoses
07-22-2015, 08:14 PM
I go to a lot of concerts so I heard about this right away. Justice should be blind, color should not matter. My problem with some cops is the lack of respect and the use of force when its not necessary. If you are tripping on drugs or better yet, fail to use a turn signal or are selling "loosies" on the streets of NYC.....you should not wind up dead. If you get caught robbing a store and resist...that's a different story. What happens, happens....you tried to rob a freaking store!

The society and cops are losing a grip on taking each case individually and sorting out priorities and seriousness. People that don't use a turn signal or are high, usually are not dangerous criminals. The cops get a lot of crap because some of them treat people like shit for very minor mistakes....If one has a God complex or power issues, they should not be a cop. Unfortunately, the job attracts some of those morons, I know first hand. There are times you use force and there are times you gotta back off and talk to people. Some of my friends are cops, the good ones understand this.

I could give a crap about color, I don't feel sorry for a robber getting shot, but some of these others, c'mon man! There's no justifying it even if the person gave you a load of crap. That's your job and you chose to do it. There will be high people, belligerent people and protesters...that's life in America, deal with it!

On the WSP Board some are saying he had previously taken acid and railed against the cops, that may have had something to do with his treatment. It is a tragedy, he was a smart successful guy. When you dose in public, especially in MS they may not be as used to freaks as other areas of the country are. I don't think its black and white (OK white and white) in this case in that the cops were wrong. We'll see what the investigation brings.

It is reminiscent of the Adam Katz case at a Dead show at the Meadowlands.

http://www.phantasytour.com/bands/wsp/threads/4038072/spreadhead-killed-by-cops-in-southhaven#page/13

Steve 'StatMan'
07-22-2015, 09:26 PM
Once again, I'm so upset that I marched right out to my local store and bought something.

MutuelClerk
07-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Looking forward to the post where everyone tells us how many black friends they have.

Tom
07-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Once again, I'm so upset that I marched right out to my local store and bought something.

I walked right by a Rite Aid and didn't set it on fire today.

magwell
07-22-2015, 11:11 PM
I walked right by a Rite Aid and didn't set it on fire today.I walked past a liquor store and didn't loot it or burn any cars up.:rolleyes:

OntheRail
07-22-2015, 11:32 PM
I walked past a liquor store and didn't loot it or burn any cars up.:rolleyes:
Guess WhiteLives.... don't matter enough to burn and loot for. :rolleyes:

What's wrong with us... as a group. :faint:

Robert Fischer
07-22-2015, 11:50 PM
If we had proper training, police worn cameras, real accountability, etc... our police force would be less efficient at it's job.

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2015, 05:25 AM
I walked past a liquor store and didn't loot it or burn any cars up.:rolleyes:
Amazing isn't it? I went into the same liquor store, purchased Jack Daniels and walked out without beating or robbing anyone. The car I drove off in was even mine. :D

sammy the sage
07-23-2015, 08:18 AM
Well it should have been.

Just backtalk or argument got you shot, eh? I find this hard to believe.

well in Texas....guess ya get hung.. :eek:

Marshall Bennett
07-23-2015, 12:48 PM
Half a century ago bad cops did what they wanted with no questions asked. Particularly in the deep south. Google is your friend, go read about it. :)

PhantomOnTour
07-23-2015, 01:44 PM
Happened after a Widespread Panic show...my favorite band :( :( :(

MONEY
07-23-2015, 07:05 PM
People that don't use a turn signal or are high, usually are not dangerous criminals.

Most people are not dangerous. But the truth is that dangerous criminals engage in minor law infractions
at a higher rate than the average Joe. They are also more likely than not to be drug abusers.

I have arrested many violent criminals, and I can honestly say that every one of them was high on
something other than alcohol and many mixed liquor along with the other intoxicants in their systems.

I accidentally helped catch a couple of bank robbers by unknowingly making their getaway driver
move his double parked car off the block while his coherts were robbing City Bank. When the crooks left the
bank, they had no choice but to leave on foot and were caught two blocks away, with a little help
from the discriptions that the eye witnesses gave to me. I then caught the getaway driver as he drove around
the block and got caught in the traffic jam caused by the capture of his buddies.

How about these guys
David Berkowitz

A parking ticket led to his capture,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Berkowitz

Joel Rifkin

An improperly affixed license plate got him caught.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Rifkin

NorCalGreg
07-23-2015, 07:44 PM
Amazing isn't it? I went into the same liquor store, purchased Jack Daniels and walked out without beating or robbing anyone. The car I drove off in was even mine. :D

Wow! I went to that exact same liquor store...bought skittles and iced tea..and still had them in my hands when an officer ordered me to put my hands up. They didn't magically disappear!

Tom
07-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Just heard, no curfew tonight. :jump:

OverlayHunter
07-24-2015, 02:58 PM
Does anyone happen to know what the statistics are for deaths by police for white, Asian, Hispanic, and black?