PDA

View Full Version : Simulcast signals @ Belmont Park

kgonzales
06-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Does anyone know what simulcast signals will be available at Belmont on Saturday? I seem to remember on previous big days (Breedeers Cup and or Belmont Stakes) that they weren't offering other tracks. When I click on the "simulcasting" link on the NYRA homepage I just get a bunch of encoded jibberish.

I will be there with the other 100,000+ yahoos and the only way I can see to separate myself from the masses and maintain my true-blue horseplayer credibility (besides actually not betting on the Belmont) is to look for some races that might offer value and the potential to make some real money.

Thanks,
k
g

cj
06-03-2004, 05:27 PM
If this year is like previous years...none.

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2004, 09:07 PM
I do believe there will be no other tracks to play except for the live card.

rastacio
06-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I'm not sure that is true. When I went to the BC I remeber being able to bet other tracks but only at Belmont's simulcast center wich was on the top floor. All other tellers only took bets for the Live Card.

PaceAdvantage
06-03-2004, 11:15 PM
The BC there might have been simulcasting. But I can guarantee on Saturday they are only taking wagers on the Belmont live card.

kgonzales
06-04-2004, 11:05 AM
I was finally able to read the Simulcast link on the NYRA site. There will be no simulcasting. With that and the weather I almost want to give up my seat in the Turf Club (don't ask, just dumb luck and a well-connected friend) and hang at the OTB. But seeing as I endured last year in the auxillary bleachers waiting for an equally unbettable race I will most likely soldier on. I haven't really looked at the rest of the card to see if there are in fact any races I want to play. I can always just get drunk.

K
G
:cool: