PDA

View Full Version : Ever Notice Horses Don't Work Much @ Mountain?

NorCalGreg
07-20-2015, 06:14 PM
That's because it's more profitable to just race them every couple of days. Take a look at the 9th Race @ MNR :9: GOLDEN B.J. Horse just raced Saturday & ran 3rd. He's a double-Hi Bris last 2 SR's--horses like that usually pay $3.00. This one's 5-1 ML so we'll see.

Some_One
07-20-2015, 06:15 PM
I just spoke about that horse in my post on the selection form about this methodology I've been testing, based on his TF Figs, he should be 4-5, think 5-1 is a pipe dream.

NorCalGreg
07-20-2015, 06:33 PM
Cool............let me go find the selection forum---sorry didn't know there was one--I got a couple other MNR pics

Stillriledup
07-20-2015, 06:46 PM
I've discussed this w Mark on this board a long time ago, but I forgot what he said, I asked about the lack of works and if there's really not many works or there's just no clocker there reporting it.

NorCalGreg
07-20-2015, 07:02 PM
I've discussed this w Mark on this board a long time ago, but I forgot what he said, I asked about the lack of works and if there's really not many works or there's just no clocker there reporting it.

It's just that the purses are so low most cheap claimers don't earn enough to pay their own feed bill, let alone vet bills, stable fees, licenses, on and on. This has been discussed to death already, and it's only getting worse. You try running a horse right back in 2 days in Calif, and you'll have the Peta people, Save the Wales, Animal Rights activists pounding on your car as you try to leave the track. And God help the man if that horse breaks down. Just leave the state.

Some_One
07-20-2015, 08:00 PM
Looks like he's a late scratch, he's wasn't in the first round of scratches I saw before posting my analysis

NorCalGreg
07-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Looks like he's a late scratch, he's wasn't in the first round of scratches I saw before posting my analysis

Hmmm.....interesting. Especially since BJ was a late scratch.

tophatmert
07-20-2015, 10:00 PM
6 is a big price in this race was going to use him with 1 ,4,9