PDA

View Full Version : Is this brilliant or stupid?????

witchdoctor
06-03-2004, 01:16 PM
This was posted by someelse on the pedigreequery,com BBS.
. If true, I guess it's time to bet Smarty runs out of the money.

I hope to God that this is not true but I heard from someone that is on a New York message board that Stronach is going to pull a “bridge jumper” power play buyout on Belmont. Supposedly there are now 2 semi trucks filled with cash from a truck line called Sodrell or Sodrill or something like that that are under guard from Pinkerton and parked in the near vicinity of Belmont. If Belmont ownership does not agree to Stronach’s offer he is supposedly going to have 1 Billion bet to show on Smarty Jones on Saturday. If Smarty finishes in the top 3, the track will be obligated to pay him $50,000,000 (five percent of his show bet) which of course is more than the total value of the property, and will in effect, give Stronach the property for free if they default on their payment obligation.

If this is true it marks a new bottom in power plays, even if it is technically legal. A triple crown is a great achievement and should NOT BE RUINED BY THIS TYPE OF GARBAGE.!

Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

chickenhead
06-03-2004, 01:39 PM
where EXACTLY are these trucks parked???? ;)

maxwell
06-03-2004, 01:44 PM
1 - cancel the Belmont.

2 - cancel show wagering.

3 - cancel Stronach. Someone in NYC will gladly do it for 50 bucks.

4 - deport Stronach back to Austria

5 - deport Stronach back to Woodbine. Someone there will gladly cancel him for nothing. :)

kenwoodallpromos
06-03-2004, 01:45 PM
I'm surprised anyone here believes third or 4th hand rumors about Stronach who is not worth a billion.
Just send Osama or some gangbangers the location. They would appreciate it.

chickenhead
06-03-2004, 01:49 PM
that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard yes.

I would be extrememly happy if it actually happened. SHow pool would be the biggest overlays of all time.

shanta
06-03-2004, 02:56 PM
3 - cancel Stronach. Someone in NYC will gladly do it for 50 bucks.

lmao!!
Richie

andicap
06-03-2004, 03:26 PM
Reason number 63 I just love the Internet.

No matter how stupid or silly the rumor sounds there are always people who will believe it. This medium just tests the limits of people's
a) paranoia
b) gullibility
c) stupidity
d) any or all of the above

every single day.

Keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :cool: :D

SAL
06-03-2004, 03:42 PM
Number one-Is Stronach worth 1 billion? And if so, how much is liquid cash?

Number two-All Belmont has to do is cancel show wagering. I've seen harness races with a dominant favorite that had win only.

So I doubt that the story is true.

David McKenzie
06-03-2004, 03:55 PM
If memory serves, last year they cancelled show bets at Pompano Park altogether.

rokitman
06-03-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by witchdoctor
Does anyone have any ideas how to stop this?

You've came to the right place. I specialize in just this type of thing.

As you may know, Stronach has already successfully pulled this off at tracks all over the country. But that was before I got on the job. The Stronach Gambit is a treacherous of combination of guile and chutzpah-but so am I. You may have heard of me by my code name, MEC. Some say I am called that because I am a Mystery inside an Enigma wrapped in a Conundrum. I say, wouldn't you like to know.

Without futher ado, I give you the MEC Solution.

Step 1-Keep calling Frank Stronach and hanging up when he answers. This is just to get "inside his head." All Austrians have a phobia about hang-ups. Read and learn, my friend.

Step 2-Send a hooker to the subject's hotel room.

Step 3-Have said hooker ask the subject if he "has any tips for me on how to bet the Belmont" as she drops her Racing Form onto the floor revealing she is actually a man wearing a mini-skirt with no panties on underneath.

Step 4-Block subject's run to the door.

Step 5-Ask subject if he has an extra billion dollars laying around that he'd like to buy a copy of a video called The Big Businessman and His Transvestite Hooker with.

Step 6-Try to sell him something else for a billion dollars if he says no.

Step 7-PLAN B If all else fails, bet $100 to show on Rock Hard Ten and have my father bet $2 to show on Smarty Jones.

MEC

chickenhead
06-03-2004, 04:47 PM
LMAO

BeatTheChalk
06-03-2004, 06:39 PM
Instant urban legend ... but funny as can be. Does anyone out
there realize .. just how HARD it is to get a lot of cash ???
Go try it sometime ... the banks are running on fumes...
GO SMARTY .... And of course the obvious ...I shouldnt even give
the Urban Legend a sentence ..but ...Belmont can cancel show
betting.

Hosshead
06-03-2004, 06:56 PM
Lets see....humm.....if Smarty runs 4th....the other show payoffs would be................

Well I hate to say....stiff the fav in the Belmont, but that would put an end to Stronach, and a beginning to my retirement !

Tom
06-03-2004, 09:27 PM
I pity the poor mutual clerk when Frankie asks for all his tickets in $2.00 tickets for tax purposes!:D

NoDayJob
06-03-2004, 09:31 PM
$1,000,000,000, eh? Let's see, since 75% of all $100 bills are held by foreigners, Mr. Stronach wouldn't be able to come up with that amount of cash in short order. In addition $10,000 dollars in $100 bills is about 3/4ths of an inch in height. I believe that works out to a pile of $100 bills more than two miles high. I don't think they'll fit in a couple of 40 foot semi's. How long would it take to process that amount of money? Seems to me a betting syndicate took many hours to process about $400,000 at Hollywood Park a number of years ago. If every track was involved in the process $1,000,000,000 in $100 bills might be done by the end of summer. Certainly long after the race was run if they started two weeks ago. No way Jose'!

NDJ

P.S. If any of you out there can figure a way to burn the "dummies" that buy into this garbage there would be no fuel shortage.

JustRalph
06-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom
I pity the poor mutual clerk when Frankie asks for all his tickets in $2.00 tickets for tax purposes!:D

He has a voucher already............................:D

Exactaman
06-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by witchdoctor
Supposedly there are now 2 semi trucks filled with cash from a truck line called Sodrell or Sodrill or something like that that are under guard from Pinkerton and parked in the near vicinity of Belmont.

Can't be true, park two trucks full of old newspapers around there and they'd be gone by the next morning, do Pinkerton carry machine guns?

Zaf
06-03-2004, 10:18 PM
No they have mace and black jacks ;)

ZAFONIC

ranchwest
06-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Too bad this scenario wasn't in Louisiana, I know what would happen. :)