PDA

View Full Version : Opening weekend: Saratoga fields shaping up

Grits
07-19-2015, 10:48 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93086/fields-shaping-up-for-spas-opening-weekend#disqus_thread

thespaah
07-19-2015, 11:40 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/93086/fields-shaping-up-for-spas-opening-weekend#disqus_thread
Are you going this year?

AlBundy33
07-21-2015, 09:16 AM
When will the opening day entries be released? Normally it seems like that they would have been out by now.

Grits
07-21-2015, 09:37 AM
Are you going this year?

Yes, though I don't plan to leave as early. Making sure my son continues to recover well from a recent bout with pneumonia.

NTamm1215
07-21-2015, 12:48 PM
When will the opening day entries be released? Normally it seems like that they would have been out by now.

Today. They've always been released on Tuesday since opening day was moved to Friday.

jk3521
07-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Today. They've always been released on Tuesday since opening day was moved to Friday.
https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/entries/20150724/

Redboard
07-21-2015, 03:53 PM
https://www.nyra.com/saratoga/entries/20150724/

I like the way they put the state breds in the beginning of the card. I've been advocating for this for years. Not that I like them, but if they're going to have them, keep them together so when I put my state-bred handicapping hat on, for example when playing a pick 3, I'm not jumping back and forth.
:ThmbUp:

good job

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-21-2015, 05:58 PM
Now all we have to pray for is NO RAIN! Any forecasts yet?????

therussmeister
07-21-2015, 08:03 PM
I have seen a forecast of high in the upper 70s with a 20% chance of rain. So I give it an 80% chance of your prayers being answered favorably.

Tom
07-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Anyone get the TFUS 3-day special? (GOOD deal!)

I just looked at it, but I don't see where you pick your days - or do you just start on Friday for the weekend?

Kash$
07-21-2015, 09:54 PM

I just looked at it, but I don't see where you pick your days - or do you just start on Friday for the weekend?

Friday Saturday Sunday

thespaah
07-22-2015, 12:18 AM
Yes, though I don't plan to leave as early. Making sure my son continues to recover well from a recent bout with pneumonia.
Ok...
Please pass along my wishes for a speedy recovery.
FYI, I will be in Upstate NY Aug 6th thru the 11th

thespaah
07-22-2015, 12:19 AM
I started a weather thread just now.....Check it out

Grits
07-22-2015, 09:34 AM
Ok...
Please pass along my wishes for a speedy recovery.
FYI, I will be in Upstate NY Aug 6th thru the 11th

He's doing well, Spaah, thank you so much. :)

I'm usually there from the beginning of August until a couple of days after the Travers. This time, I may not be there before your trip ends. Still...have a great vacation, and cash some nice tickets. Maybe see you next year? :ThmbUp:

lamboguy
07-22-2015, 09:45 AM

I'm usually there from the beginning of August until a couple of days after the Travers. This time, I may not be there before your trip ends. Still...have a great vacation, and cash some nice tickets. Maybe see you next year? :ThmbUp:
i hope your son feels much better soon as well, have a safe trip on your way up to the Spa.

thespaah
07-22-2015, 09:17 PM

Ok....Sucks you'll not be there. But family is family....No worries.
Thanks for the good luck wishes. I'll see what I can do...Hopefully I can sneak up on the racing "gremlins" so they don't see me.....

Tom
07-23-2015, 10:08 PM

So how exactly do you get this offer?
There is no option for it on the website where you buy cards???
It was there the other day, not today.
I had hoped to not have to buy DRF , but it is too late now to wait any longer.

Tom
07-23-2015, 10:17 PM
OK, I got there through my email, but now, I buy three days and get stuck with TODAY as one of them,
At 10 PM at night!

I wanted Fri-Sun, but to get that. you cannot get PPS early
That sucks. My last purchase, for sure.

Grits
07-24-2015, 10:35 AM
OK, I got there through my email, but now, I buy three days and get stuck with TODAY as one of them,
At 10 PM at night!

I wanted Fri-Sun, but to get that. you cannot get PPS early
That sucks. My last purchase, for sure.

Tom, this can be corrected in a New York minute. Email the guys at TFUS so you don't miss out on what you'd planned for your weekend. They've helped me in the past, (and the present, see other thread where O-C has helped me). They'll straighten out your purchase quickly. ;)

TimeformUS Customer Support:
support@timeformus.com

Tom
07-24-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks, GRITS, I did and they fixed it this time, but the policy is you cannot buy the "deal" early. So much for it being a deal. Do they play the races over there? :rolleyes: