PDA

View Full Version : Big M

coachv30
07-18-2015, 08:53 PM
To go along with Traynor's thread, I'm going to post the top three horses from here out tonight based on final times (adjusted to best past times) to find true ability.

Race 5

:7: :8: :4:

coachv30
07-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Race 6

:8: :4: ( :2: :5: :6: )

coachv30
07-18-2015, 09:26 PM
Race 7

( :6: :10: ) :2:

coachv30
07-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Race 8

:5: :3: :6:

coachv30
07-18-2015, 10:16 PM
Race 9

:6: ( :2: :3: )

coachv30
07-18-2015, 10:41 PM
Race 10

:4: :9: :8:

pandy
07-18-2015, 10:49 PM
Maybe it's just me being cynical but the races don't seem very good tonight. The payoffs are good, so I guess that's a good thing. But even though the track is very fast and it's hot and humid out, the drivers are not driving aggressively. There has been very little movement in the second quarter and not that many leavers....Slow pace in the Delvin Miller...slow pace in the Dancer Memorial...In the Haughton Memorial the first quarter was fast but then they let the horse pace a :28.1 second quarter...

Remember the days when you had four or five lead changes before the half at the Meadowlands?

I hate to say it but I think that the races would have been better if the second and third string drivers were there. At least Bongiorno, Ginsburg, Marohn, Jr. are aggressive.

Some bad drives tonight.

coachv30
07-18-2015, 11:14 PM
Maybe it's just me being cynical but the races don't seem very good tonight. The payoffs are good, so I guess that's a good thing. But even though the track is very fast and it's hot and humid out, the drivers are not driving aggressively. There has been very little movement in the second quarter and not that many leavers....Slow pace in the Delvin Miller...slow pace in the Dancer Memorial...In the Haughton Memorial the first quarter was fast but then they let the horse pace a :28.1 second quarter...

Remember the days when you had four or five lead changes before the half at the Meadowlands?

I hate to say it but I think that the races would have been better if the second and third string drivers were there. At least Bongiorno, Ginsburg, Marohn, Jr. are aggressive.

Some bad drives tonight.

I agree.....great nite for the numbers players.

coachv30
07-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Race 11

:6: :1: ( :3: :4: )

coachv30
07-18-2015, 11:37 PM
Race 12

:2: :6: :7:

EMD4ME
07-18-2015, 11:50 PM

Some bad drives tonight.

I don't follow harness racing but....

Maybe these drivers have been watching some NYRA races? :lol: :lol:

coachv30
07-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Race 14

2,5,9,10 / 2,5,9,10 / 2,5,6,9,10 / 2,5,6,9,10 / 2,3,5,6,9,10 = $28.80

coachv30
07-19-2015, 12:23 AM
Race 14

2,5,9,10 / 2,5,9,10 / 2,5,6,9,10 / 2,5,6,9,10 / 2,3,5,6,9,10 = $28.80

Finished :2: :9: 7 :6: (:10: :3: ) DH :bang:

traynor
07-19-2015, 02:40 PM
It looks good! It would seem one could do well betting ONLY the top speed, completely ignoring everything else. It will be interesting to see how this holds up at other tracks, other days. I didn't think it would do this well. I could be wrong.

thespaah
07-20-2015, 12:14 AM

Some bad drives tonight.
I just checked the weather observations for 7/18 at Teterboro Airport.
During the racing program, the winds were out of the south from 8-15 mph. This is a headwind going up the backstretch. It comes as no surprise drivers were not willing to pull before the far turn and especially reluctant to quarter move. That is unless they had a ton of horse. Anyway, that gave the pace setting drivers an opportunity to give their horse a second quarter breather.
This is an issue on which I had posted in another thread.
Since the construction of the new grandstand and the flipping of the race course, the way races are driven has changed.
IN the colder months, the prevailing wind direction is from the north. On the old configuration, this was a backstretch headwind. Meadowlands was a closer's track. Now with the track reversed, the closers don't do as well( In winter) as they face a headwind in the home stretch.
Interestingly though. Friday nights races did not see many deep closers winning. With the wind direction helping ion the home stretch one would think horses coming from off the pace would have a very good chance of winning or at least better placings.
On Friday night, any driver that came out on the backside got hit with a pretty stiff breeze....

pandy
07-20-2015, 09:49 AM
good post....just watched the replay shows, Friday, tailwinds 10mph but the flag was moving pretty good prior to the first race, to maybe 10 to 15mph...on Saturday, tailwinds 5-10 mph